I made a really BIG Capture while ago. Thereseemed to be a little interest on the forum after I spoke of it a week ago or so. So, here it is. 8 Armored trucks sit at the North point of the map. All guarded by angry, heavily armed, NOOSE Agents. The goal is to get to them from your dock location, steal 4 of them, and return to the docks. Traffic is on, Cops are on, GAME ON! You have 30 minutes to complete this task.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/57B0_2UvlES-qnWkUNk17A?platformId=2

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

Man this looks typical Dodge boring :P

joking, I look forward to doing it, bigger means more strategy

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I've just added it though whether anyone wants to do it when I'm on is a different matter. Does it pay more than coveted ?

Im not sure what it pays yet.

Does the payout of captures depend of the high difficulty and large number of the enemies on the job?

Locust had this in the PL, pretty good but does require several people to really make it what it has the fun factor high. I think we started with 7 and ended with 3-4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 year later...

I had this in my PL last week and we had 7vs7, maybe dropped a few during it, but was at least 5vs5 throughout and we had time to discuss it. What we certainly understood by the end of it, is that the time limit of 30mins is just way too much, especially when you have to keep trying to drive to the trucks most of the time because you keep getting killed (more often than not by the NPCs) and spawn all the way back at your base every time. Our opponents managed to score 3 out of 4 and then we had a massive shootout, where pretty much everyone died and that meant everyone was about 5mins away from even reaching the trucks again, but the match wasn't officially over yet, so we had no other choice but to go all the way to the trucks again. We were forced to drag ourselves through the last 10 minutes, which means that 20 mins max would be perfect for this, since that's when it felt like it should've ended.

There are other problems, too, though. The NPCs at the trucks seem a bit too strong and accurate and there seem to be a few too many of them there (or they respawn too many times) and you can easily get caught in a crossfire between the NPCs and your opponents (which will lead to almost certain death and you'll have to start driving there all over again). Also, if you run out of ammo while even half way between the base/trucks, you're as good as dead (and the long drive back to the trucks comes to mind again). I mentioned that long drive after every death for a reason: it's gets freaking exhausting and depressing after just 15 minutes (and you're basically forced to do that for 30mins!). Now, don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the capture and the trucks are in the right place, probably the bases too, but a few other things need to be changed to make this enjoyable:

1) Nerf the NPCs guarding the trucks (a few less spawns/reduce respawns and/or accuracy). Your opponents will be causing you enough trouble near the trucks.

2) All cars that you start with and respawn in should be at least from the Sports class (if I remember correctly, we respawned in Buffalos, which was quite good already, so keep that or change to something with similar speed, but you could make it so that you start with 4-door cars and respawn in 2-door ones).

3) You might want to move the respawn locations to somewhere near the edge of the city or even somewhere halfway between the base and the trucks.

4) You should place a few weapon spawns near the trucks and a few to the new respawn locations. The most powerful ones should still be left at the bases, though.

If you want this capture to appeal to people in the future, I suggest making these changes, ESPECIALLY the time limit reduction and faster vehicles, because I'm not tempted to play it again in it's current state. If one team can't get all 4 trucks delivered at once, then it'll start to wear on players after about 15-20 mins have passed..

Edited by Protocawl

I'm not sure this has ever been played before. This is really old, and I thought I deleted it. But I can make some changes if you think it'll work. 

Dodgeservice.png

I certainly think this has potential, just needs improvements. If it hasn't been played before then I'm quite sure it's the 30 mins that has scared people away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...