World Cup Fantasy Football

VamosConio

Bloody hell, either some of you have already used up all your ammo or I'll have to deal with the fact that my outsiders are gonna be at the bottom when this ends.

I didnt have anyone on the pitch yesterday, but I'm in with 3 guys today with a chance to at least catch up with the middle pack.

I could do with Italy's clean sheet and Uruguay scoring 3,4,5,6,... goals with any bonus points coming fro Ivory coast.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VamosConio

• Pb76

• zmurko

• DavidCore89

Bloody hell, either some of you have already used up all your ammo or I'll have to deal with the fact that my outsiders are gonna be at the bottom when this ends.

I didnt have anyone on the pitch yesterday, but I'm in with 3 guys today with a chance to at least catch up with the middle pack.

I could do with Italy's clean sheet and Uruguay scoring 3,4,5,6,... goals with any bonus points coming fro Ivory coast.

:lol:

I've got just the one playing today...young defender from Ivory Coast. Hope he bangs a few headers in!

I reckon 50 million was not enough for my crappy team! I do have money invested in Argentina large, I will be gutted if they end up looking as bad as Spain did last night against Holland. I clearly had no idea what I was doing when picking my team,  and like a fool I asked advice from Dangerous Dave who doesn't watch football, but will cycle into a tree in hopes that tree step aside for him :wacko: .

I reckon 50 million was not enough for my crappy team! I do have money invested in Argentina large, I will be gutted if they end up looking as bad as Spain did last night against Holland. I clearly had no idea what I was doing when picking my team,  and like a fool I asked advice from Dangerous Dave who doesn't watch football, but will cycle into a tree in hopes that tree step aside for him :wacko: .

Di Maria, Aguero and Messi should all produce...but it's sometimes counter productive to have so many from one team in your own team. We'll see soon I guess! :)

& Buffon got injured in the warm up...I've heard that he's expected to be out all WC although I'm not sure how serious it really is

Suarez had surgery three weeks ago, I only expect him to play against England.

Ahh, that explains it. Wish I was aware of this before I put him in my team.

I stopped following football after Liverpool managed to blow their 3:0 lead against Crystal Palace and threw away their championship chances. :mellow:

Day 3

Major draaaamz in the DBFFT mini league as a HUGE movement takes place. Xyon aka jumbo67 moves from last place on Day 2 to joint 4th at the end of Day 3, thanks to her Colombian due of Yepes and Rodriguez.

Perhaps one of the 'dark horses' of the tournament, the South Americans eased to a 3-0 win over Greece with goals from Armero, Gutierrez and Rodriguez.

Elsewhere, Ivory Coast grind out a 2-1 win against Japan after coming from behind. Keisuke Honda smashed a thunderous left foot shot into the back of the net in the 16th minute but a quick fire double from Bony and Gervinho secured the win for the Africans - the fastest double-strike in the World cup so far - and the big man at the back Serge Aurier providing the 2 assists.

Costa Rica pulled off a massive upset with a deserved 3-1 win over Uruguay. Absolute #scenes took place in the Fortaleza as Costa Rica came back from 0-1 down to beat a Uruguay team missing its star man Luis Suarez. The frustration appeared to have got the better of one of the Uruguayan players, as Maxi Pereira was sent off in inury time for a wild hack on Campbell, meaning he will be suspended for the next few games

And finally, we come to England, who lost 1-2 to Italy in what was actually a promising, at times dominating, performance by the English. Claudio Marchisio's opener was instantly responded to by a Sturridge equalizer, but Mario Balotelli's winner proved too much.

On England's performance, manager Roy Hodgson said "It's always difficult when you lose a game to take the positives. Even when it was 2-1, I thought we'd get back into it and go on to win it because it was quite a dominant second-half performance. The only positive I can take is that it was undoubtedly the best I've seen the team play during my time with them".

Hodgson also believes his team can still qualify for the knockout stage: "Of course we can still qualify. We're a bit downhearted at the moment, a bit sad that the game didn't go our way - we were hoping for a perfect start but we don't live in a perfect world," he said. "I've got great confidence that we can do well enough in the next two games to qualify and I'm sure the players will get that when they get over this disappointment."

COME ON ENGLAND!

So, here's how the table looks after Day 3! Rofurs' "Roy of the Rofurs" moves up to 1st place whilst RO9M's "Samba Team FC" drops to second. VamosConio's "Haven't got a Kalou" is looking solid in 3rd while jumbo's "The Glitter Faries D" jumps up to joint 4th in what was a great day for herself. Meanwhile, Smoggy's "Surreal Madrid", leader after Day 1, drops even further down the table to 7th. It goes to show that every day is as important as the last, and anything can happen with a long way to go in this tournament!

5RI9Dv5l.jpg

Today's games:

Switzerland vs Ecuador

France vs Honduras

Argentina vs Bosnia-Herzegovina

Today will be an interesting one with a few teams admitting to having a few Argentine players in their squad. Let's see if they can all perform!

• Like 1

Messi bagged me the points I was looking for although I'm still scratching my head as to why I picked Jack Wilshere, I knew he was injured  :(.

Day 4

More movement in DBFFT mini league as VamosConio bullies his way into first place thanks to Lional Messi's trademark wonder goal for Argentina in their 2-1 win over Bosnia. Amazingly, Lionel Messi had played 623 minutes of World Cup football since notching his only other WC goal against Serbia in 2006.

France beat Honduras 3-0 in an impressive performance, albeit against a weak opposition and Haris Seferovisc sealed a dramatic late 2-1 win for Switzerland against Ecuador. That was the Swiss' first World Cup win against a South American side at the sixth attempt (D1 L4).

Here's the leaderboard at the end of Day 4! With the top 7 separated by only 7 points, this tournament is wide open!

ouJWrhYl.jpg

Today's games;

Germany vs Portugal

Iran vs Nigeria

Ghana vs USA

We get no points for assists in this fantasy league? Damn, Kroos had 2 and now nothing. :(

Tell me about it. One of my defenders got 2 assists in the Switzerland game...but came out with 0 points. Surely an assist should get you at least 2 or 3 points.

• Like 1

25 points for Muller - devastating for me being in 1st, not having him in my team and now being 8th! Need about 100 goals from Neymar today to make up for it :P

• Like 2

Heh, Muller is listed as MF? Massive points from him. Well, most of german players brought points home (clean sheet and probably ratings of 7+)

Just 2 matches left from 1st round. Hopefully 2nd one is more productive for me. Need my strikers to start doing their jobs!

I could use a bonus transfer window too, so I can dump my 2 injured players.

25 points for Muller - devastating for me being in 1st, not having him in my team and now being 8th! Need about 100 goals from Neymar today to make up for it :P

I went from being on the bottom on day 2 to sharing top spot on day 5 :D . Did I mention that I hate football? well the sport that is.... this gambling thing is pretty awesome ;)

Heh, Muller is listed as MF? Massive points from him. Well, most of german players brought points home (clean sheet and probably ratings of 7+)

Just 2 matches left from 1st round. Hopefully 2nd one is more productive for me. Need my strikers to start doing their jobs!

I could use a bonus transfer window too, so I can dump my 2 injured players.

He is a midfielder but was played as a part of the front 3 to confuse the defence with their movement.

It worked  :)

Day 5

Joy if you had Muller in your Dream Team - A nightmare if you didn't, as his hattrick led Germany to a huge 4-0 win over Ronaldo's Portugal. Portugal were dealt blow after blow, as Pepe was sent off for planting his head in Mullers face in a moment of madness, followed by left-back Coentrao being stretchered off with a groin strain and Cristiano Ronaldo, recent Ballon d'Or winner, having no impact at all. This was the fourth World Cup in a row that Germany opened their campaign by scoring four goals or more and Mueller has scored eight goals in seven World Cup appearances (WHY DIDN'T I PICK HIM?? DANGIT)

Elsewhere, Iran drew 0-0 in what was a boring match against Nigeria, and were even booed by supporters in the stands.This wait for a draw (13 games) in a single World Cup tournament is the longest since 1930, when there were none in the event.

And finally, the USA kicked off their campain with a 2-1 victory over Ghana. John Brooks headed a late winner and Clint Dempsey scored the fifth fastest goal in World Cup history.

Here's the DBFFT table as it stands. Huge changes as VamosConio drops down the table from 1st on Day 4 to 8th on Day 5, whilst "outsider" (yeah right!) jumbo67 moves up to joint 1st place from 4th yesterday. DavidCore moves up to 5th and alchemist moves from 9th to 4th :

0S487mEl.jpg

Today's games:

Belgium vs Algeria

Brazil vs Mexico

Russia vs South Korea

Edited by VamosConio
  • Like 2

Day 6

Belgium got off to a winning start with a late comeback against Algeria. Manchester United's Fellaini nodded home Kevin De Brunye’s cross and Mertens drilled home the winner after Feghouli's opener. In this match, Divock Origi (19 years and 59 days) became the youngest Belgian player at the World Cup.

Mexico held Brazil to a 0-0 draw thanks to heroic goalkeeping by Guillermo Ochoa. With the draw, Mexico end Brazil's 10 match winning streak, which was the longest winning streak worldwide.

And Russia drew 1-1 against South Korea after a goalkeeping howler by Igor Akinfeev. Russia have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven World Cup games, against Tunisia on 5 June 2002 (2-0).

Here's the table as it stands!

rblPVN4l.jpg

Today's matches:

Australia vs Netherlands

Spain vs Chile

Cameroon vs Croatia

Edited by VamosConio
  • Like 1