World Cup Fantasy Football

VamosConio

May I ask who's team is Lick my nut Meg? I have been giggling all day at that :lol:

That's alchemists'. Great bants! :D

3 hours to go guys!

Edited by VamosConio

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VamosConio

• Pb76

• zmurko

• DavidCore89

May I ask who's team is Lick my nut Meg? I have been giggling all day at that :lol:

<--------------------

Cheers!!

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Good idea zmurko. I'll dress my girl in France colors. Everyone should do the same and then we'll meet at the football pitch north of Mirror Park !

Can I sell hulk?

No idea how the points work in fantasy football but I'm getting left behind after one game, have you all picked neymar?

Still, bloody good fun.

Can I sell hulk?

No idea how the points work in fantasy football but I'm getting left behind after one game, have you all picked neymar?

Still, bloody good fun.

Those who had more Brazilian players will score good points from yesterday, I only have Julio Cesar from Brazil. 

Transfer window is closed currently. 

You know how Dream Team points work by now so we’re only making subtle changes for our Brazil extravaganza. Scoring points during the group stages works exactly the same as 2013/14 and Road to Rio, but there’s a twist in the knockout stages. Points will be doubled from the last 16 onwards – except for the Player Rating and Star Man points as we don’t want to inflate our journos’ egos any further! A win bonus will also be introduced after the Group Stages to spice things up.

Our Match Centre lets you keep track of how your team, and also every player that did not make your final cut, are doing in real-time. You can follow all the match action with commentary and tot up your Dream Team points as you go, all the while questioning why you made the team selection you did.

GROUP STAGES

All Players

Each Goal Scored (excluding shoot-outs)  +5 points

Hat trick (3 or more goals in one match)  +5 points

Yellow Card  -1 point

Red Card -3 points

Penalty Miss (excluding shoot-outs) -3 points

Player Rating of 7 or more (See Sunsport in The Sun) +3 points

Star Man (See Sunsport in The Sun) +5 points

Goalkeepers

Penalty Save or Miss (excluding shoot-outs) +3 points

Defenders and Goalkeepers

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded) +5 points

Concede more than 1 goal -1 point per goal

Midfielders

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded) +2 points

KO STAGES

All Players

Each Goal Scored (excluding shoot-outs)  +10 points

Hat trick (3 or more goals in one match)  +10 points

Yellow Card  -2 points

Red Card -6 points

Penalty Miss (excluding shoot-outs) -6 points

Player Rating of 7 or more (See Sunsport in The Sun) +3 points

Star Man (See Sunsport in The Sun) +5 points

Win bonus (must play some part) +2 points

Goalkeepers

Penalty Save or Miss (excluding shoot-outs) +6 points

Defenders and Goalkeepers

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded) +10 points

Concede more than 1 goal -2 points per goal

Midfielders

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded) +4 points

I had 3 points so I assume Julio Cesar had a match rating of 7 or above.

Edited by DavidCore89

Can I sell hulk?

Still, bloody good fun.

Tranfer window is currently closed, opens in 12 days, then you can swap him out ;D

You'll pick up points where others don't in matches where you have players and the other don't. I had a Neymar in my team - 2 goals = a lot of points. Brazil still have a couple of matches left before the transfer window, you never know, Hulk may score 2 hattricks yet...!

Would be great if you guys can PM me your Team Name, please!

Some are more obvious than others, e.g. zmurko's outsiders is obviously zmurko...but others I'm not 100% sure whose team they are as I don't know your real life names.

I'll do a mini write up every day or two...So need to be able to match off team names with everyone involved

Cheers chaps, didn't think to look at the site, duh!

Clever points system really.

I think hulk will prove his worth, he just wasn't involved last night much.

Good idea zmurko. I'll dress my girl in France colors. Everyone should do the same and then we'll meet at the football pitch north of Mirror Park !

FOOTBRAWL!!

• Like 3

Day 1

Day 1 of Domestic Battery's Fantasy Football Tournament (DBFFT) has come to an end and, if you had Neymar in your team, you'd have a fair few points already after a controversial 3-1 opening win by Brazil against Croatia. It was Croatia that started the match well and on 11 minutes, Marcelo converted the ball into his own net after a low ball in from the left by Ivan Olic.

It was Neymar, though, that led the Brazilian response, pulling one back with a 25-yard scuffed left-foot shot into the bottom corner of the net, before converting (just about) a controversial penalty won by Fred. Oscar added the third in the 90th minute with a toe-poke from the edge of the area that crept in at the near post.

Neymar has now scored 33 goals in only 50 appearances for Brazil, with 6 in his last 4 matches alone, begging the question: Why did everyone not pick him in their Dream Team?

Here is the leaderboard after Day 1:

b72StlNl.jpg

Smoggy's "Surreal Madrid" are out in front on 20 points, followed by 5 other teams on 17 points. Fido, PB and Iann are yet to get off the mark, but there's plenty of matches ahead so expect some surprises and drama over the course of this tournament!

Today's matches:

Mexico vs Cameroon

Spain vs Netherlands

Chile vs Australia

• Like 3

Day 2

Three matches took place on Day 2 of the World Cup but there was only one stand-out match. Robin Van Persie's wonder goal helped his Netherlands team to a comprehensive 5-1 victory over champions Spain. An easy contentor for goal of the season already, RVP's stunning lofted header over Casillas gave the keeper no chance and, in doing so, he became the first Dutch player to score at three World Cups. RVP added another after 72 minutes with Robben also scoring a brace, and even defender Stefan de Vrij grabbing a goal in what was a demolition of the European and World Champions.

In his post match interview, Van Persie said of his goal: ""It was a brilliant goal, I have to be fair." It was a bit of a gamble but just before the pass I saw Iker Casillas out of his goal. It was a header, really a lob-header, but a great goal..."

He continued..."It was incredible. We had a setback when they scored but our equaliser came just before half-time, just at the right time. At 3-1 we went for the fourth and in my opinion it could have been five; well, actually it was five ... I mean six, seven or eight," perhaps showing some disbelief at his side's mauling of the opposition, one of the favourites to win the Cup

Elsewhere, Mexico beat Cameroon 1-0 with Oribe Peralta grabbing the goal, and Alexis Sanchez' Chile team beat Australia 3-1.

The DBFFT table has drastically changed already; Smoggy's 'Surreal Madrid' have moved down from 1st to 5th as RO9M's 'Samba Team FC' move up to occupy 1st place. At the bottom of the table, PB is finally off the mark and moves up to 8th and there's 3 players in joint 10th place; Zmurko, Iannfors and David Core.

sgRYhmel.jpg

No less than 4 match take place today, which is sure to cause yet more drama in this exciting DB WC mini league!

Colombia vs Greece

Uruguay vs Costa Rica

England vs Italy

Ivory Coast vs Japan

All very much still to play for!

Edited by VamosConio
  • Like 1

Happy that despite conceding 5 my team moved to 2nd, was expecting at least bottom 3!

Won't last though....

No less than 4 match take place today, which is sure to cause yet more drama in this exciting DB WC mini league!

Colombia vs Greece

Uruguay vs England

England vs Italy

Ivory Coast vs Japan

All very much still to play for!

You've got England playing twice, mate.

Happy that despite conceding 5 my team moved to 2nd, was expecting at least bottom 3!

Won't last though....

You've got England playing twice, mate.

Whoops, cheers mate. Corrected.