The SMG Bridge

Lann

2_0.jpg

Players: 16

Forced weapon: Mini SMG

Time limit: 10 minutes

Intended as a TDM style capture, 3 cases each, grab all 6 to win. Bases on each side of the bridge, two levels of the bridge, some cover in place and alot of pickups (all Mini SMG).

http://rsg.ms/9771134

Edited by Lann

• 2 weeks later...

Updated after we played it in WoW yesterday: added a 10 min time limit and some minor changes in props and weapon placement. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

This has potential. Wanna see how it goes with more players.

I have doubts about the marksman, I can see easy spawn-sniping opportunities from one end of the map to the other.

Removing the prop at the top of each ramp is a good change to reduce camping and getting easy kills.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

This has potential. Wanna see how it goes with more players.

I have doubts about the marksman, I can see easy spawn-sniping opportunities from one end of the map to the other.

Removing the prop at the top of each ramp is a good change to reduce camping and getting easy kills.

I agree, have been thinking about the advantage on top, and with two more vans to hide behind on the bottom, extra SMG placed, and the removed prop up on top, the added Marksman and gasgrenade will probably not be needed. Yea, would hate it being used to camp and snipe.

I look forward to trying this again. It reminds me of an old Unreal Tornament CTF map which was similarly bottlenecked and brutal.

Less gibs in GTA though...

• Like 1

This was cool, Lann. Liked the different ways to attack. And didn't think I'd come across a job that suited the Mini SMG but this was perfect for it.

I have a few thought, though.

As the score showed it was very tough to grab a bag with a full lobby. I know it's called SMG Bridge, but I think some grenades would help. Especially on the lowest level where there's a lot of cover. Maybe just some molotovs so it doesn't turn into one big BOOM! Just so people can't hug the cover.

I'm not sure if you intended people to take advantage of the water but as it is now, one side has an advantage as there is a ladder much closer to the enemy's end that their own. I'd say either make some entry points via props or block the ladders off completely and let it be known in the description that the water is of no good. 

But all in all, a very good job!

Edited by Banketelli
  • Thanks 1