• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• Con

• Sinister

• zmurko

Question - I never played RDR, and really on the fence about getting 2 and the only reason I am on the fence is because ya'll seem excited about it other wise I wouldn't even consider it. So what is it about RDR or RDR2 that has you guys foaming at the mouth for it

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

23 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

Short story- gta online but with cowboys

This is why I am excited about it.  I never played the original.  In fact I had only played two games before I bought GTA (since super nintendo) and they were both sports games.  But if I can have GTAO or something similar on a huge map set in the old west.  I am down!

Edited by pete_95973

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I never played the original either. But a Madden-head friend of mine did and he loved it and always told me to get it. I'm mostly excited for it because it's a game i get to start from scratch with the crew.

I look forward to buying armor A Fistful of Dollars-style! Take that @Banketelli ! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I am the same, would never consider a cowboy game. But then i never played anything properly since original Metroid on Nintendo. But since you guys seems to like it i might as well, and i am ready to try it out. Still worried about its lack of cars.

• Haha 1

For me, the single player story of RDR is one of the best I've played, and if you've never played it before I highly recommend that you do so.  It's like a classic western myth, and it had a gut punching twist towards the end that changes the game entirely. There are also strangers and freaks missions, some of them are the best side quests in any R* game.  It's funny and sad and kickass and heartbreaking. The characters are some of the best R* have ever created, John Marston is one of my favourite video game characters of all time, and the music is beautiful.  It's also still a gorgeous looking game, and it has the best horse riding in any game with horses that I've played.

It's a stone cold 10/10

The online was good too, didn't play much of it but it was basically like GTA Online, there was lots of co-op and pvp stuff to do.  I had a donkey. 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 6

Very briefly played some of the first game, didn't really have any opinion on it.

Will be getting this one and will pre-order once a release date is set in stone.

11 hours ago, Con said:

I never played the original either. But a Madden-head friend of mine did and he loved it and always told me to get it. I'm mostly excited for it because it's a game i get to start from scratch with the crew.

I look forward to buying armor A Fistful of Dollars-style! Take that @Banketelli ! 

giphy.gif

Luckily for me, I don't aim for the body.:P:D

I couldn't agree more with Lime and Ally. Red Dead Redemption is hands down my favorite game of all time. Lime explained the story mode perfectly. I played online quite a bit. While it didn't offer as much as GTAO (obviously since the game is older) there was still a good amount of content and R* continued to support it with events for a long time.

As much as I'm looking forward to another epic western story, the online part is what gets me really excited. Rode around on my own in the last game and it was awesome! So I can't even imagine how spectacular it will be in the next one with this crew.:D

• Like 4

Much has been said already. I've also played the 1st one and it's one of the best, most complete and most enjoyable games I've ever played! My 2 cents in regards to what excites me about RDR2:

For one, if you love the wild west like me, RDR is a must-have series. If you're not a fan of the wild west, there are other things that might spark your interest, though, such as:

R* style characters - deep, badass, funny, crazy, with great backstories, etc.

R* style story and more importantly RDR story! = you know it'll be fuckin' high quality :D

RDR2 online - enjoy with your friends, have tavern brawls (tbh, they're probably actually saloons, if I'm not mistaken in my terminology :P), race horses, have mexican standoffs, hunt different animals together, play poker, liar's dice, other stuff in saloons, possibly some heists-type game mode even... who knows. There were so many different things in RDR, I can only imagine there will be more in RDR2.

The undead - Oh... the undead... the best 'murican wild west undead survival mode of all time quite possibly, hope it returns in one way or another.

Then there's conquering big forts with a gang, gatling guns, different captures...

And if they add some things from GTA Online, like your personal stable, maybe farm, some cattle ranching or something.

and above all - HOG-TYING!!!! Holy shit, that's fun!

+ other stuff that I'm probably forgetting about atm.

Basically - what's not to get excited about? ;)

@Hatch

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 2

@LimeGreenLegend, @Crawford1872 and @Protocawl said it all. 

One of the best games I've ever played. The story is fucking awesome, much better than those from GTA which is seriously lacking on that front. 

The horse riding is awesome and feels very real. Also nothing beats riding away into the sunset on your horse. 

Also loved the variations in geography on the map. Snowy mountains in the north, forest somewhere else and huge beautiful desert in the Mexican part. 

Characters are the best. 

Nothing else to add that hasn't been said before. 

EDIT : The Undead Nightmare DLC was so awesome ! Except for those fucking toxic zombies (they get me everytime). Wish we had a DLC like that for GTA V. Would be brilliant in the city. And knowing R* knows how to do it right, it's a missed opportunity IMO. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I played RDR & RDR Undead, they both had alot of game modes, but really the only new thing I see is the bow and arrow

then again I could throw a tomahawk or knife. The only game I'm looking to get its TLOU2, I think I'll sit this one out.

• 6 months later...
39 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Hmm, so coming out fall 2017 has turned into October 26th 2018 now.

Maybe just really bad lag ?

• Haha 4