starmonkeykiller

@Crawford1872 @zmurko @Lann @Mythaga @Dodge @omarcomin71 @Potato @JuniorChubb @Squirrel @djw180 @Fido_le_muet @DavidCore89 @XuTek6651 @Skorpion @Beez @Con @pete_95973 @TheBoyBry @no_snacks @DeaD_GooN @ssracingn2

Hey guys was hoping that we could get a bunch of us together in a party chat and shoot a few videos of how to overtake with respect, I know some of our crew struggle with contact through lack of confidence if they had some pointers on how to and how to be overtaken it may help them a lot.

it would also give us a demonstration of what we expect from drivers from outside the crew, could contain examples of how to react to an accident and such slowing down in safe way to let victim of incident through without causing issues and how to lap others are hot topics atm.

Maybe we could just do 5 laps somewhere before SRL or two bros.

Anyone interested just post here and can arrange properly once numbers are in.

Edited by starmonkeykiller
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lann said:

I saved alot of video from yesterdays racing and i know I have a few situations that could be discussed. 

Perfect Lann, if anyone else has anything saved that could show good etiquette would be great, then on top a video with a party chat too would be a cracking starting point for the thread.

More than happy to help :)

Editor can really be your friend when making videos like this...

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

To be honest alot of it is common sense and having spacial awareness. Plus having the camera set to highest level and map expanded helps.

Most incidents are caused either by people being impatient and going for gaps that arn't there or simply not giving racing room and squeezing people into walls etc.

Best advice I can give if trying to overtake is try different lines, ie if the guy in front is being defensive the taking the inside line, try taking a wider line into the corner so you get a better exit. That's what I try and do anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

I'm sure I can provide a good example of what not to do :D 

Me too. Have upset my fair share of people in the past. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lann said:

Did I cause the crash between @zmurko and the car inside?

No not at all. You were on the racing line and neither of their cars were alongside yours so you had the right to take the racing line. If another cars nose is alongside your car in this situation you have to give them the room on the inside. even if you didnt give space in this situation it would not be your fault. There is a lot of trust involved in racing. The cars on the inside should know that you are going to cut across them as you enter the corner because it's your right of way, so should brake earlier to avoid collision. To deal with less experienced racers I often give them space anyway because sometimes they aren't spacially aware and sometimes side swipe me as I'm turning through the corner.

Also when you're going up the inside of someone you have to trust that they give you room and don't just cut across you. - this has happened many times but even though it's not my fault I always give the place back since they were ahead of me before the collision.

*Not saying anyone is inexperienced here, just using this video as an example*

The battle for 4th in the supercup between me @Mythaga and @Realjaysee is a prime example of how great racing can be when you all respect and trust each other, and it was fun too. We all trusted each other to give room, and trusted each other's braking points into corners.

• Like 3

Not sure I can add anything, played racing games/sims and watched motorsports for nearly 20 years, like most stuff, practice makes perfect.

I bet many people in the crew have only done racing in GTAO, so they're learning all the time.

What Potato says is good info, trust and anticipation is massive in racing, aside from that, build up your racing experience (not just going fast around a track) and you'll improve.

Yeah always wanna join. I can be a pain in the ass when battling, but im always thinking in terms of whats allowed in f1

• Like 1

He got me 3 or 4 times in the same way during that PL, so annoying, had to fight the urge to seek revenge :COOLGLARE:

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, zmurko said:

And hold your lines, others will have much less problems anticipating what you're up to.

:angry:

Black & green Surfer is an example of what not to do in contact racing.

Yeah he took me out, took you out and then had the cheek to say his race was ruined by being hit at the end. 

• 1 month later...

Again, an example where not holding your line and weaving left and right on a straight only causes accidents. This is one of the major reasons kerb boosting on straights (weaving) is so frowned upon in this crew, not to mention it's not allowed to change your line more than once on a straight by normal racing rules anyway. 

This is a video from what is supposed to be top of the top contact racing on PS4, GT1 class of NODO's MCEC championship, yet you can see how them desperately seeking any tiny rev boost (those highway rumble strips) only ends up badly for everyone around:

• Like 2