Real Life Street Circuits

zmurko

This is a long(ish) term planning thread for a racing championship I have in planning stages and which should happen after the currently planned Pfister Supercup is over. Details of the championship itself are still being planned, but one aspect of it is definitely clear.

Championship will be held on real life street/city circuits and for that reason I need a lot of help from the crew. So creators can already get busy and start (re)creating some of the famous street circuits from around the world.

Some guidelines to help you (to be added):

- it doesnt need to be an exact replica, but try to come as close to the original layout/configuration as possible
- as many actual streets of LS should be used as a racing surface as possible (minimum number of stunt track pieces)
- signature corners or features should definitely be included
- laptimes should be around the same as on the original circuit (+/- 10-15s)
- try to recreate the feel/look/environment of the original circuit at least partially
- track atmosphere / feel / look / similarity of the original circuit and build quality are more important than the layout, as long as it features some signature corners

Requirements:

- 30 player grid
- functional pitlane (if possible the location should be the same as in the original circuit)
- at least medium grid and if possible 2x15 (or 3x10 if necessary) (it needs to allow contact racing starts)
- following classes must be fully available: Compacts, Coupes, Sedans, Muscle, Sports Classics, Sports, Supers, Motorcycles
- ambient pedestrians need to be turned off

It should be a nice challenge and a fun task for the creators and hopefully I have given you enough freedom to not be too restricted in your creations.

Here's a wikipedia page of street ciruits (probably isn't complete):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_circuit

You can basically pick any from the list, but these are the ones I definitely want to have available for the championship:
- Long Beach (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_of_Long_Beach)
- Singapore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Bay_Street_Circuit)
- Macau (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guia_Circuit)
- Monaco (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Monaco)
- Adelaide (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Street_Circuit), shorter version used in V8 (Clipsal 500)

On the wishlist are also:
- Vila Real, Portugal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuito_Internacional_de_Vila_Real)
- Pau Circuit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau_Grand_Prix)
- Valencia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencia_Street_Circuit)
- Goldcoast (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfers_Paradise_Street_Circuit)

Basically any street circuit that is (or has been) used in one of the more popular automoto series could be made (DTM, V8, F1, ...).

Let's get creating! :)

• Like 6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• Squirrel

• no_snacks

• Lann

Did you hack my mind and read my plans for the Elegy championship? Very close to what I had in store. There's no point having two similar championships running at once so take the lead on this one and I'll help support you as much as I can. 

This thread is a great source of real world tracks: http://gtaforums.com/topic/863826-real-life-tracks-recreations-remakes/page-1

There's a lot of street circuits listed that I was planning on using for Elegys. 

I'm having a look to see what I can do with Monaco this week. Will try and incorporate real streets where possible.

• Like 1

You didnt hear me during the night, breaking in your place and stealing the plans?! :P

I'll definitely be scouring GTAF and RSC for already made tracks and testing them out, but I thought our creators would like some ideas as to what to build. It also makes the actual championship more appealing if we can use our own tracks that we can help with feedback and update them to our liking, not to mention the pride of the creator when one of their tracks is used in a championship / PL.

I know I'll definitely have a go at few myself.

• Like 1

I completely agree about having our tracks being used especially in terms of feedback we can give. 

I'm assuming you want this to be a multi-class championship with the range of classes available.

When do you want to start this? The Supercup is planned to go on till October, that's a long way off. 

If it's a multi-class series on street circuits on alternate weeks to the Supercup there's no reason why they can't overlap to some extent. 

I've gotta have a go at the Gold Coast circuit - it's literally 20 minutes up the road. :D

This triple chicane on the back straight is gonna be awesome fun to make and to race on.

CU4oU6D.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I'm assuming you want this to be a multi-class championship with the range of classes available.

When do you want to start this? The Supercup is planned to go on till October, that's a long way off. 

If it's a multi-class series on street circuits on alternate weeks to the Supercup there's no reason why they can't overlap to some extent. 

Let's move the championship planning aspect to the actual planning thread and keep this one for creations only. Good point about overlapping though, I'd just like to have few events featured in SRL first before I start the championship and if any tracks are already made by that time, use them and have them tested in an actual event before the championship.

2 hours ago, no_snacks said:

I've gotta have a go at the Gold Coast circuit - it's literally 20 minutes up the road. :D

This triple chicane on the back straight is gonna be awesome fun to make and to race on.

Indeed! I was hoping you would go for an Aussie track. That chicane was the first thing I've noticed the other day when browsing the web and watching some (V8) racing footage. :D Awesome!

So I'm assuming you'll already be including it in the track and I don't need to give you any specific list of features to be included. :)

The rest of the track can just be 2 straights with 2 hairpins for all I care, I just want that triple chicane and bumpy roads. And if you can even get some sand on the road surface that would be a dream come true, apparently that happens :lol:

Will have have a crack at Valencia, used to love that track, Baku could be pretty easy to do also, its mostly barriers. 

• Like 1

I've had a quick look at what can be done with Monaco, it's going to be very difficult to recreate the track using some GTA roads and have something like the real layout in a location fitting for the track.

The top Monaco on Social Club does use the existing game tunnel and it has the right feel but it's the wrong layout. I'm going to recreate the layout and elevations and then try and see where it can fit but my gut feeling is that we may need different Monaco's for the two championships if you want one using the streets and the bumps and obstacles that come with them.

Something using the route of this track could work though with added stunt props to recreate the tunnel section http://rsg.ms/cfb8d98

Edited by Squirrel

When it comes to Monaco, it basically only needs some features from the original track (tunnel, chicane after the tunnel, uphill section, couple of tight turns/hairpins preferably going downhill between both the uphill and tunnel section and some turns between the tunnel and start), ideally it should be close to water/marina as well if possible, but generally it needs that claustrophobic feel of the first half of the track.

I know it's the most iconic city circuit with almost every turn being a signature feature and iconic on its own and it's probably the one job that is usually criticized the most regarding accuracy, but I don't really care for the accuracy here, just the general feel and some of the signature features.

Monaco is a tough cookie on GTA as you are hampered by the road layout, really all you can do is squash it in somewhere it does not want to go.

Ally has just posted a version, assuming Monacno is Monaco that is ;).

I published a version recently too, it uses the in game tunnel  then goes out over the sea before coming back into the streets and becoming a twisted and deformed faintly related long lost relative of Monaco. I will post a link tonight.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

26 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Monaco is a tough cookie on GTA as you are hampered by the road layout, really all you can do is squash it in somewhere it does not want to go.

Ally has just posted a version, assuming Monacno is Monaco that is ;).

I published a version recently too, it uses the in game tunnel  then goes out over the sea before coming back into the streets and becoming a twisted and deformed faintly related long lost relative of Monaco. I will post a link tonight.

:D lol you assumed too much, monacno is related to Monaco in the same way I'm related to Beyoncé (not even a little) 

but some some of the tracks they used in the electric formula races could work, they're all street circuits as far as I remember

• Like 1

100% agree.  The Picador just doesn't cut the mustard, does it? :lol:

Now, this is what we really need.

• 6.2 litre Supercharged V8 (378 cu/in)
  • 560 BHP
  • 271 km/h  (168 mp/h)
  • $85,000 AU  ($65,000 US)

Fl9w2u2.jpg

Edit.  I would buy a Shark Card for it. :D

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Lann said:

Does it have to be re-creations of real tracks? 

It's what I'm aiming for as a theme for the championship, yeah, temporary real life racing circuits that are set in urban environments on real life roads (mostly).

But more creations we get, the better, so go for whatever you have in mind. Most likely won't be featured in this championship, but more quality jobs are always welcome.

What did you have in mind @Lann? Perhaps an imaginary one from one of the racing games (Gran Turismo perhaps)? Or one that's only a future project for now (London F1 circuit, ...)?

I shall try to remake Paul Ricard next week.

Not a street circuit I know but it could be usefull for future racing events.

Since it has countless layouts, I'll try to make a few of them.

Yeah, was just having a look on Wikipedia, Google Maps and Youtube, plenty of suitable locations at one of the docks and since it's a short track too, you shouldnt have any issues with the props (which I'm guessing others are gonna need a lot of). Great Lann, can't wait to see it and race on it.

Some blue and grey stands, stadium hairpin and the 2 corners can be made out of track pieces with rumble strips and the rest just needs some barriers and advertisement signs

It actually somehow looks like it was made in GTA creator, remarkable. :D

Are the tracks suppose to be on streets and resemble the original track,  or on a "creators plate" and exactly like the original track?