Real Life Street Circuits

zmurko

@zmurko is wanting the essence of the real track recreating on the streets of LS. Minimal stunt track sections where possible. It's why I'm making two versions of Monaco. One for this and one for Supercup

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• Squirrel

• no_snacks

• Lann

10 minutes ago, Lann said:

Are the tracks suppose to be on streets and resemble the original track,  or on a "creators plate" and exactly like the original track? 

The first option. As much real streets surface as possible, tracks only need to resemble the original track (as much as possible though).

Thanks. Makes it alot better,  i spent all last night building a pier and then the track the exact length and layout.  I was not that fun.  Learned to get black tarmac turning a "black" stunt road upside down. Now i will use one of the existing piers. 

Cheers @Squirrel:)

The layout suffers from the streets of Los Santos being very uncooperative but its close.

All scenery destrcutables are covered apart from some middle of the road signs after the first corner. There are some very open sections but the tight sections are tight, especially the hairpin. 

Obviously I love it but for some reason I am very biased.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

19 hours ago, Lann said:

Wow, I forgot how much stuff there is around the docks there, trailers, containers, concrete barriers, poles, etc. Really hard to find enough clear space for a track there.

Have you looked at the other pier perhaps? The one north-west from this one. Or tried using the middle piece of road that is a little wider?

Otherwise it's a good Goteborg inspired track. Was kind of hoping it would also have the "stadium" section made from track pieces included, but it doesnt really need to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Cheers @Squirrel:)

The layout suffers from the streets of Los Santos being very uncooperative but its close.

All scenery destrcutables are covered apart from some middle of the road signs after the first corner. There are some very open sections but the tight sections are tight, especially the hairpin. 

Obviously I love it but for some reason I am very biased.

Really good track that's using a lot of real streets, I like it. Have you considered moving the tunnel section to the right handside of the tunnel and have a better option (more space) for the chicane after the tunnel (a slower one too). Or was using the left side of the tunnel just a british habit with driving on the wrong side of the road? :P 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Really good track that's using a lot of real streets, I like it. Have you considered moving the tunnel section to the right handside of the tunnel and have a better option (more space) for the chicane after the tunnel (a slower one too). Or was using the left side of the tunnel just a british habit with driving on the wrong side of the road? :P 

Dude we drive on the correct side of the road, we need to have our sword hands close to any would be adversaries we encounter on the road ;)

The tunnel uses the left side to make building the 90 degree turn and slope down to the road smoother. That zone is a sign and lampost hot spot. I built the slope first and didn't consider the rest of the track until I was happy with the track/street transition.

Moving to the other side could be an option and if I get time I will consider moving it, especially as a second attempt always seems to free up a  few props to use elsewhere.  

Glad you like it though :)

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

13 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Wow, I forgot how much stuff there is around the docks there, trailers, containers, concrete barriers, poles, etc. Really hard to find enough clear space for a track there.

Have you looked at the other pier perhaps? The one north-west from this one. Or tried using the middle piece of road that is a little wider?

Otherwise it's a good Goteborg inspired track. Was kind of hoping it would also have the "stadium" section made from track pieces included, but it doesnt really need to.

The long straight has some stuff sitting there that cant be removed, but you should be able to avoid them as you see them from a distance. Did you run into anything else? 

I will definitely look into the other piers as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

The way @no_snacks's Gold Coast circuit turned out made me go in a more specific direction for the planned championship. It was something I was thinking of doing later on, but I really wanna just go ahead and start making it happen. With most of the details known (cars and tracks), this will be much easier to plan and create.

We will emulate 2 championships at the same time, both held in Australia and both sharing a lot of the same tracks.

It will still be street / public roads racing (technically), so these are the 8 tracks that are gonna be used in the championship:

- Adelaide Street Circuit (known as Clipsal 500 in V8 championship) - @Skorpion is working on it
- Townsville Street Circuit (Townsville 400)
- Surfers Paradise Street Circuit (Gold Coast 600) - already made, Link
- Homebush Street Circuit (Sydney 500)
- Newcastle Street Circuit (Newcastle 500) - new circuit, on the calendar for 2017 V8s
- Hamilton Street Circuit (Hamilton 400, NZ) - no longer on the calendar - @zmurko is having a go
- Mount Panorama Circuit (Bathurst 1000) - @no_snacks took the challenge
- Albert Park GP Circuit (Melbourne GP)

Again, tracks don't need to be exact recreations, but should generally have a similar layout and feel as their original counterparts. As much of real LS streets/roads should be used as possible (not the case for Albert Park obviously, also less so for Townsville and Mount Panorama). Other guidelines and requirements mentioned in the first post should still be followed.

I'd actually like to have our creators pick a circuit (or 2, or 3 ;) ) from the list above and I'll have a go at what's left. Obviously we already have Albert Park track, but I believe snacks has a plan to renovate that circuit completely. Just to mention a few of our finest creators: @Skorpion, @no_snacks, @Squirrel... :D Hopefully some of the tracks can later be used in Squirrel's Japan/Asia/AU(?) Elegy championship.

As far as the actual championship goes, it'll have 2 individual championships, emulating Porsche (Pfister) Carrera Cup Australia and (V8) Supercars Championship. First one will have us using the Comet Retro and the 2nd one the Buffalo Racecar. There will be teams of 2 (3) and all the races from both Cups will count towards the team championship. There will be 1 long (~25-30mins) race from each championship held on the same track each week. V8 race will be the first one and it'll be contact followed by a non-contact race in a Comet. The Bathurst race is most likely gonna be a longer/endurance one and possibly feature some driver swapping as well (depending on number of participants and their availability on that day). Other details will follow once I start planning the actual championship(s).

• Like 3

I'm going to let the boys from down under pick the tracks they want to do first, if there's anything left over I'll give them a go. Don't want to be making a fudge of someones local track. 

• Like 3

Sounds good, Z.

The Newcastle circuit is completely new to me.  Never even heard of it before.  Don't know if there's any footage or images for it yet, or even a proper map. :lol:

Probably better off going with one of the more established and recognised tracks like Symmons Plains, Barbagallo, Sandown or Philip Island.  They're all on this years calendar too I believe. 

@Squirrel, go ahead and take your pick, mate.  There's plenty to go around, but if he wants it, I think @Skorpion should have first dibs at Adelaide, seeing as he's one of the 26 people that actually live there. :lol:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, no_snacks said:

Sounds good, Z.

The Newcastle circuit is completely new to me.  Never even heard of it before.  Don't know if there's any footage or images for it yet, or even a proper map. :lol:

Probably better off going with one of the more established and recognised tracks like Symmons Plains, Barbagallo, Sandown or Philip Island.  They're all on this years calendar too I believe. 

@Squirrel, go ahead and take your pick, mate.  There's plenty to go around, but if he wants it, I think @Skorpion should have first dibs at Adelaide, seeing as he's one of the 26 people that actually live there. :lol:

If @zmurko does go for Phillip Island then I'd definitely claim that one but as it's not a street race I'm not sure if it will be on the list for inclusion.

• Like 1

Oh yeah.  I forgot about the street circuit bit.  All of those tracks are dedicated race circuits. :D

I better go have a look at the 2017 calendar first.  Maybe there's something else we could use.  

Edited by no_snacks

Yeah, I've gone through past 4 or 5 calendars and with adding Albert Park too, that's a total of 8 public roads circuits used, including the cancelled NZ race (think in 2012?) and the new Newcastle circuit (https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/date-and-layout-locked-in-for-newcastle-supercars-race-858925/).

With that I managed to merge all 3 ideas (street racing, V8s & Comet) into a single event. :D

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 9:41 PM, no_snacks said:

Cheers :D

I've actually had the track started since before any of these events came up on the forum, I've just not gone back to it since then either. I'll have it done soon though :)

• Like 2

Think I'll have a crack at Mount Panorama/Bathurst if that's ok, @zmurko.  There are some suitable roads that can be used but they need to be linked somehow, so there'll have to be some stunt tracks sections here and there but I'll try to keep them to a minimum. :)

• Like 1

I've not included streets in my start of Adelaide, but I'm not that far in so I can easily move. The problem I'm having is finding somewhere suitable. I have one place in mind, but it's difficult since Adelaide is flat and not much of LS is flat, and buildings get in the way lol.

• Like 1

I'll have a go at the Hamilton Street Circuit, as I'm assuming Aussies don't want anything to do with the Kiwi stuff. :lol:

I had a look at some footage and it shouldnt be hard to get the feel and features of the circuit. Lots of trees, bumpy roads, double chicane (like a baby version of Gold coast one) and some open corners with the walls surrounding most of the track. Low buildings around, mostly residential, with few commercial as well. Pitlane and buildings around there with the grandstands shouldnt be an issues either.

I think my only problem might be the 150 prop limit, otherwise the track looks like it was made in the GTA creator. :lol:

That leaves 3 tracks up for grabs if anyone else wants to contribute to the cause, Sydney, Townsville and Newcastle.

On 28. 4. 2017 at 8:32 AM, no_snacks said:

Think I'll have a crack at Mount Panorama/Bathurst if that's ok, @zmurko.  There are some suitable roads that can be used but they need to be linked somehow, so there'll have to be some stunt tracks sections here and there but I'll try to keep them to a minimum. :)

Are you gonna leave the pedestrians turned on just for a chance of this happening: :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, but I've officially given up trying to recreate Adelaide Street Circuit. I can't find anywhere to do it without it being entirely on stunt tracks. All of Adelaide is flat with no elevation changes at all, and there are no streets in LS that I can get a clean flowing track that resembles the actual track without having a major incline or detour to avoid all the buildings that get in the way.

Would be happy to see someone else give this a go, but I've spent too much time getting frustrated to even bother with it on stunt tracks only now.

• Like 1