VANS Chat

VANS Official

Hope you guys had fun tonight, I tried to make a late appearance but the b'day misses fudged it up lol

Here's something for next monday, @CatManDoza seemed interested a while back so I'll also put his here...😀

spacer.png

Edited by Paulie
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Paulie said:

Hope you guys had fun tonight, I tried to make a late appearance but the b'day misses fudged it up lol

Here's something for next monday, @CatManDoza seemed interested a while back so I'll also put his here...😀

spacer.png

If I am able to I will be there for sure!!

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Morning bar stewards... missed you last night @Paulie & @CatManDoza

Still not sure what to run next week, I am considering a bike night for the loools.

Missed you guys too, bikes sounds wonderful in my humble opinion@JuniorChubb , i'll leave the Esskey in my clubhouse though 😆😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Paulie said:

Missed you guys too, bikes sounds wonderful in my humble opinion@JuniorChubb , i'll leave the Esskey in my clubhouse though 😆😉

Cool, Mulder gave me some positive feedback too...

I am tempted to run the Real Life Tracks night with Bikes, they flow really nicely on stunt tracks. No wheelies though.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I am tempted to run the Real Life Tracks night with Bikes, they flow really nicely on stunt tracks. No wheelies though.

That's a great idea! 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Can we all just go on Bati 801R Race bikes?  They're cheap this week because all the Pegasus vehicles are on discount.  Why no wheelies?  Is that not a thing with bike racing in GTA?  It's kind of part of the thing, if you get it straight quickly enough coming out of a corner you can fire it on down the straight.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Can we all just go on Bati 801R Race bikes?  They're cheap this week because all the Pegasus vehicles are on discount.  Why no wheelies?  Is that not a thing with bike racing in GTA?  It's kind of part of the thing, if you get it straight quickly enough coming out of a corner you can fire it on down the straight.

Not sure about the bikes just yet... it may be just Baiti’s, if not it will certainly be just bikes that look like race bikes. Not Shotaro etc. Actually locking it to Baitis would help so I have a name for the event. 👍

As for wheelies IMO they are the bike equivalent of kerb boosting, something that doesn’t apply to real life but makes you go faster in game. Add to this that I never get it right. This would also give a big advantage to those who know how to use this mechanic compared to those who don’t.

Would be nice to know what others think in regards to wheelies as I want to get the plans up tonight. Yay or Nay?

9 hours ago, Hurst said:

Who’s free Saturday night?

I may be on, I just deleted BF1 though...

Can reinstall if a few hop on or maybe Cod n chips.

Anything else in your library Hursty?

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

I had to delete cod last night for the fortnite update (don't tell hursty though) 

Exactly why I deleted BF1 😂😂

Not sure if updates go on the hard drive or the external drive though so I may not have needed too.

confused what are you doing GIF

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Hurst said:

Who’s free Saturday night?

Sorry Hurst, completely forgot... there is a Survive the Hunt thing on Saturday at 9pm.

I will be at that, all Vansters are invited too.

Might jump on something else beforehand.

1 hour ago, Hurst said:

You guys are dicks.

I’ll jump in the survive the hunt then.

Coolio, it kicks off at 9 so I will try and get on before for some pistols at dawn 😉

@SkyeDave I have received a postal vote for ‘no wheelies’...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

No wheelies.  I'm down with that.  I will say though that it is an intentional mechanic unlike kerb boosting.  I'll definitely cope if we're all on liveried race bikes though.  That's right up my street at the moment.

Also, yacht names.  I spent ages prior to buying my yacht a couple of years ago trying to come up with a clever name.  I eventually settled on 'Dignity' because Deacon Blue, Scottish flag on the back etc, thought I was being hilarious.  Completely unaware that the yacht in GTA story mode was called Dignity and I was actually just doing the same joke as them despite coming up with it independently.  Still, couldn't think of anything funnier so it's stayed that way.  

That is until today when I saw something written on the back of a bus.  Misread it.  And now it's going to be the new name of my yacht....

All aboard the 'Nautical but Nice'.

Delighted.

• Haha 3

I don’t know what’s wrong with Boaty McBoatface?

Bati 801 Race Night it is 👍

I’m going to open it up as a public event, see if anyone else wants to come along.

Anyone got a decent picture of one to save me going back into editor tonight?

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I don’t know what’s wrong with Boaty McBoatface?

Bati 801 Race Night it is 👍

I’m going to open it up as a public event, see if anyone else wants to come along.

Gonna go full Moto GP night with liveries and the biker race suits? It could really look the part.

40 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

why doe sit always rain when I'm working outside? why? WHY????

Because it’s November? Or is it because you lied when you were 17?

Edited by SkyeDave
Saw a missed opportunity for a tenuous joke about a Scottish pop band.
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Gonna go full Moto GP night with liveries and the biker race suits? It could really look the part.

Yup... PM me anything I might need to mention for a Moto GP night as I am a bit clueless.

We will run qualifying then split into groups of 4.

Everyplayer will sign up under a team (all GTA related, actual livery or Xero Gas etc).

All Races will be on ‘real life tracks’.

Full points and results will follow.

41 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

quite

That’s all you need, a cocky Scotsman pointing out the obvious.

8 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Bati 801 Race Night it is 👍

Grand-Theft-Auto-V_20151028155503.jpg

I mean... It's a picture with a Bati.

8 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

Also, yacht names.  I spent ages prior to buying my yacht a couple of years ago trying to come up with a clever name.  

All aboard the 'Nautical but Nice'.

Surprised that will fit! but then again. I was surprised to find out the name of my yacht fit as well. xD

• Thanks 1

Just done the results for the round 10 time trials, took all of 5 minutes to actually do but I've had loads of stuff going on. The whole Uni/Rallyschoo/own work combo is kicking the living sh*t out of me right now and I'm just either mega busy of totally knackered.

3 solo assignments been getting dealt with plus a group thing and all have ended up being last minute. 

Not really doing a great job with the Uni work, my own work is more or less getting ignored but the rally school is going OK. Then there is Race Club and the Time Trials not being done properly at the same time.

Currently very over whelmed with stuff and mostly not making a great job or anything be it personal, work or play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't worry about us G, time trials etc can wait, real life is what matters. I never thought I'd say it, but it's weird not having you around moaning all the time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend