Downtown Dash

bABwZ4I.png

• GP style street circuit with stunt prop barriers 
  • Some rough roads have been smoothed out with track props
  • The start/finish checkpoint will automatically be triggered when driving through the pit-lane
  • Suitable for all classes but works best with faster vehicles
  • Mostly wide and open streets to encourage close racing and clean overtaking
  • A few tricky corners to keep the best drivers on their toes
  • Anti-clockwise track with a 1:25 to 1:35 lap time 

fi8YBgw.png

RSC Link : https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/UVc-WPjnpUe0qwRxsXnNUA#

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've been trying out crew's PS4 tracks yesterday and I was seriously impressed with your latest creations, this one being one of them. I think out of 20+ tracks I've tried so far, only 3 made it into my newly cleared out bookmarks and they were all your tracks.

Can't find topics for the other latest two (Purple Hayes & Atomic R-Seoul), so I'll just comment on all 3 here.

Awesome job mate! This kind of tracks is exactly what I was looking for the most when jumping to PS4.
Extremely well made, some fresh corners with the help of stunt props (extending existing ones, smoothing some akward ones, completely new ones made out of stunt pieces, ...).
It's definitely the standard we should all be aiming for, eventhough I know it's a lot of tedious work. They're right up there with some of the best custom tracks from the racing community I've seen (on YT), if not better.

I'll definitely host the shit out of them as soon as this double $ & RP stunt shit is over and I'm looking forward to racing with you all on them as well. :)

Hopefully there's more coming. :D

• Like 3

Cheers, @zmurko.  They're kind words, mate. :)

Purple Hayes was my first attempt at this sort of "hybrid" track. (part real road, part stunt pieces) I think it turned out ok-ish, but feels a bit tight/awkward in a couple spots so I haven't made a thread for it yet.  Plus I've learnt so much more since making it, so I'll go back and revisit it along with Downtown Dash.  

I think Atomic R-Seoul turned out alright, but it's probably a bit tight in some spots for Supers unless you know the track well.  Certainly great fun to drive when you do know it though. :)

I've got a new one that I'll publish tonight or tomorrow.  Just gotta run a few tests with Custom vehicles and make some minor adjustments.  If you like this one, then I think you'll love the new one.

These hybrid tracks are certainly a lot harder to make than I first thought.  I definitely have a new respect for some of the creators out there.  They require massive amounts of time and a shitload of trial and error, and then you end up scrapping entire sections because it just doesn't work or feel right.  The map is over 3 years old, so the ability to link new roads together with custom made corners is pretty exciting though, so that keeps you motivated to spend the time on it. 

EDIT.  I'll make a thread for Atomic R-Seoul in the next day or two. :)

Edited by no_snacks

• 4 weeks later...