Land Racing: General Q&A

Dodge

Turn on transcript for subtitles if his English is tough to understand.

He gives vital info.

Edited by DavidCore89

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

• Lann

I can't give advice on driving, but as far as beating randoms goes, I've learned a few tricks.

Always host.

Use crew created tracks. I use vespucci gp and high life city circuit a lot. Good length and lots of turns. Most folks quit before lap 2. Hairpins always get somebody. 

Customs off, use Massacro rc, no contact.

I win about 90% with randoms. I'm usually 10-20 seconds behind crew members.

I hope it helps.

• 5 months later...

So I tried to figure this out on my own and still have no clue so I will ask...

in stunt races, when going off a ramp and in the air, what's the best course of action? Try and stay as high as possible or try and land as soon as you can? 

What do you guys do?

and does vehicle type play into it?

thxs in advance.

• Like 1

Well getting your wheels on the ground as soon as possible should be the best thing, it is in real life, but this is GTA so I'm not sure. On some ramps I let off the gas just before take off so I don't jump as high or far. There are some that you can over jump. In real life, with motorcycles at least, you need to stay on the gas as you leave the ramp. If you cut the throttle on the jump, the front end drops and you will face plant, DAMHIK. :wacko:

The Omnis does not fly as high or far as other cars in it's class but it flys straight & neutral. The Tropos is similar but it doesnt not come off the jumps straight. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beez said:

Well getting your wheels on the ground as soon as possible should be the best thing, it is in real life, but this is GTA so I'm not sure. On some ramps I let off the gas just before take off so I don't jump as high or far. There are some that you can over jump. In real life, with motorcycles at least, you need to stay on the gas as you leave the ramp. If you cut the throttle on the jump, the front end drops and you will face plant, DAMHIK. :wacko:

The Omnis does not fly as high or far as other cars in it's class but it flys straight & neutral. The Tropos is similar but it doesnt not come off the jumps straight. 

I think the race is called High Flier, that damn map gets me every time with the jumps as I try hard to hit them up the middle but at times I still miss the landing. 

Canyon Crossing also has one or two ramps that if I go off center, I'm done. 

Okay thanks for the feedback Beez. I'm going to go back to landing as soon as possible---it's just that I see people landing way ahead of me and is why I began using the flying assist glitch thing. 

How does that work too? Sometimes it helps me soar ahead and sometimes not so much, is there a technique?

I have found that on some of the bigger jumps, if you tilt the car to the side (think knife flight), the car will drop faster without losing much speed. Point the nose of the car up or down also makes it drop faster but causes a lot of speed loss. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Con said:

So I tried to figure this out on my own and still have no clue so I will ask...

in stunt races, when going off a ramp and in the air, what's the best course of action? Try and stay as high as possible or try and land as soon as you can? 

What do you guys do?

and does vehicle type play into it?

thxs in advance.

From my experience getting on the ground quicker is a huge advantage. In this video I was clipped at the start of the race so lots tons of speed compared to the rest of the field and you will see it the effect it had later on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

From my experience getting on the ground quicker is a huge advantage. In this video I was clipped at the start of the race so lots tons of speed compared to the rest of the field and you will see it the effect it had later on.

Thanks for the vid. Very helpful. I appreciate all the replies. 

Is that Zebra stunt race?

If so, was gonna post yesterday, that's one of the only stunt races where landing first gives an advantage as the jump trajectory is much more vertical than horizontal.

Couple of jumps on City Air are similar.

Edited by DavidCore89

1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

If so, was gonna post yesterday, that's one of the only stunt races where landing first gives an advantage.

Is that because you have the chance to build up more speed before the second jump? 

1 minute ago, DavidCore89 said:

If so, was gonna post yesterday, that's one of the only stunt races where landing first gives an advantage as the jump trajectory is much more vertical than horizontal.

Couple of jumps on City Air are similar.

I think that is why I haven't figured it out but you nailed it on the head, some ramps depending on trajectory make sense to drop asap to the ground. 

I guess you just have to know the ramps quirks. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

Is that because you have the chance to build up more speed before the second jump? 

Not just that, but the cars in the air aren't travelling forward at a quick enough rate.

• 2 months later...