Lann

Hi Lann,

Will explain in here the issue with the capture.

Team 1 can capture the boat and start driving it up river. They are then faced with a nice amount of resistance by the other side, no issues there at all. It's tricky but possible to get the boat home. All good for a capture.

The issue is for Team 2. They need to capture the boat from Team 1 in order to score, their only weapons available are explosive, either the RPG's they start with or vehicle mounted weapons. They can destroy the boat easily but capturing the boat so they can score with it is nigh on impossible, the only way you could do it is if they physically jack the driver from the boat. Not easy under normal circumstances. 

For Team 2 to gain a round win in it's current state, they have to prevent any boats getting back. A single score for team 1 will mean they win the round. Over 3 rounds the team that starts on the boat side will win every time. 

From my experience it's very hard to set up a capture based around one side attacking and one side defending. The content creator doesn't make it easy for you.

There are a couple of options available: You can make it trickier to get a single boat home, giving the defending team more tools such as actors to prevent team 1 from scoring, if they defend well team 2 should win the round on kills, if Team 1 gets a boat home they win. This will be tricky to get the balance right though, actors can be a pain to use sometimes. 

The other option is giving both teams boats to capture, it then becomes a straight fight to see who can get the most vehicles home. This is a tried and tested method, look at the Smokey and the Bandit truck capture. Only issue here is that one team is going upstream, the other downstream, you will have to find a way of slowing down the team starting upstream, possibly using water ramps as speed bumps so that both journeys take the same time. 

Hi Lann,

Will explain in here the issue with the capture.

Team 1 can capture the boat and start driving it up river. They are then faced with a nice amount of resistance by the other side, no issues there at all. It's tricky but possible to get the boat home. All good for a capture.

The issue is for Team 2. They need to capture the boat from Team 1 in order to score, their only weapons available are explosive, either the RPG's they start with or vehicle mounted weapons. They can destroy the boat easily but capturing the boat so they can score with it is nigh on impossible, the only way you could do it is if they physically jack the driver from the boat. Not easy under normal circumstances.

For Team 2 to gain a round win in it's current state, they have to prevent any boats getting back. A single score for team 1 will mean they win the round. Over 3 rounds the team that starts on the boat side will win every time.

From my experience it's very hard to set up a capture based around one side attacking and one side defending. The content creator doesn't make it easy for you.

There are a couple of options available: You can make it trickier to get a single boat home, giving the defending team more tools such as actors to prevent team 1 from scoring, if they defend well team 2 should win the round on kills, if Team 1 gets a boat home they win. This will be tricky to get the balance right though, actors can be a pain to use sometimes.

The other option is giving both teams boats to capture, it then becomes a straight fight to see who can get the most vehicles home. This is a tried and tested method, look at the Smokey and the Bandit truck capture. Only issue here is that one team is going upstream, the other downstream, you will have to find a way of slowing down the team starting upstream, possibly using water ramps as speed bumps so that both journeys take the same time.

Thanks. Maybe if both teams get a boat close to their starting points. Will look into more before NA pl.

If both teams start at one end of the river with similar vehicles with two boats to capture, you can set it so team 1 can only capture one of the boats and team 2 can only capture the other boat. Lack of small arms mean the boats can't fire on each other but are racing to the finish, I love the concept of having technicals and choppers chasing the boats up the river in order to stop them scoring as well as having more players defending their own boat. 

It would be balanced enough to be run as one round and a lot of fun. 

If both teams start at one end of the river with similar vehicles with two boats to capture, you can set it so team 1 can only capture one of the boats and team 2 can only capture the other boat. Lack of small arms mean the boats can't fire on each other but are racing to the finish, I love the concept of having technicals and choppers chasing the boats up the river in order to stop them scoring as well as having more players defending their own boat. 

It would be balanced enough to be run as one round and a lot of fun. 

Each team has a boat and the same distance to travel, should be a close race on the river, along with the gunfire. One round, 2 deliveries to win.

Edited by Lann3

Great idea for a capture.

Once our team delivered a boat, I didn't see a way to get back to another capture object.  I had to hang around the base and kill the opposing team trying to deliver their boat.  Not a bad thing, but I like to be able to capture more stuff if possible.  It feels like camping, IMO.

I'll have to play this again sometime.  I think I was on Team 1.

Great idea for a capture.

Once our team delivered a boat, I didn't see a way to get back to another capture object. I had to hang around the base and kill the opposing team trying to deliver their boat. Not a bad thing, but I like to be able to capture more stuff if possible. It feels like camping, IMO.

I'll have to play this again sometime. I think I was on Team 1.

I could increase the number of parked Technicals down there.

Both teams should respawn in the same vehicle. Savages vs Technicals was no contest at all.

Annihilator instead of Savages perhaps.

I wanted the air land water combo.

Valkyrie instead possibly, it won't have the lock on ability that the Savage uses to great effect, both vehicles would need to pick up a second person in order to fire the weapons too so that would keep it balanced. 

It's always better to have the same vehicle on both sides IMO to keep balance if possible. I'd go for both teams starting with technicals and then respawning in savages, would make it very interesting and gives both teams an equal chance of winning.