un-wanted customs

djw180

EDIT: seems to have finally been fixed, see last post :)

Not sure where to put this, seems sort of a creator issue but might go better somewhere else.

Has anyone else noticed that since the Cunning Stunts update, races that are supposed to be locked to a single vehicle have customs on and no way as host to turn customs off? Or is it just me?

What should happen is if the creator locks a race to one vehicle in a class then that is all you can choose and there is no option for the host to turn customs on or off. If the creator has 2 or more vehicles available in a class then the host can choose customs on or off.

Those of you at last Wednesday night's (UK time) playlist I hosted will remember me pointing this out and on a number of races saying not to pick customs. I assumed this was a bug effecting all such races. But last night I am sure I remember doing a race (Squirell's Taco Van race, @LimeGreenLegend was host) that should be locked to just the Taco Van and it was, i.e. no bug. So after the PL I checked it thinking the bug was fixed. I started up that race and sure enough I had custom vans available even though the set up screen did not even have the option to turn customs on or off.

So has anyone else noticed this?

Lime, did you do something last night that set customs off, if so what? Because I wasn't able to when I tried the race on my own.

I tried it as standard and non-contact to see if that made a difference, it didn't. I tried one of my own races meant to be locked to the Dune Buggy and I had all my custom off roads available.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djw180

• Squirrel

• DavidCore89

• kernalhogan

What happens with these races is when Rockstar add new vehicles to a class it automatically adds the new vehicles as an option to all races of that class. When you have a race locked to single vehicle these are then changed to be a 2 vehicle minimum which means customs can be turned on. When it's locked to a single vehicle, the option to turn customs on isn't available. 

After the previous update when a new van was added it meant my surfer van races were no longer locked. I had to edit them in the creator again and I also edited my Tacovan race as well at the same time which is why that one remained locked. All we can do is inform the creator of the track is that it is no longer locked due to new vehicles added. Once updates have been made to the tracks then they will be fine for racing again until the next update when more vehicles are added. 

This is also the reason why you don't see many races locked to a single sports or super car. Those classes are always getting new vehicles. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Squirrel,

But that doesn't explain why when I ran your Taco race on my own I had customs available but, as far a I remember, when Lime hosted it was locked to the Taco Van.

Maybe I have to un-bookmark it and then bookmark again? I'll try that later.

It's a glitch, not quite the same as new vehicles being added to existing races.

Pretty sure the creator of each job has to go back into the creator and set the options for the job again.

It only happens on races that are locked to a class or vehicle (R* and custom), since the most recent patch.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I just turned customs off yesterday, but that shouldn't be an option if its locked to one vehicle right?

That's what I thought. But when I ran it on my own there was no option to turn customs off !?

I'm about to do so further investigation now.

Tested one of my stock vehicle races.

I was allowed to use customs although the lobby didn't have the option.

Went into the Creator, added all vehicles, took them away again to leave the BF Injection, tested and published.

Still the same. Customs doesn't show as an option, but I can still choose them.

After some testing different things it seems this bug effects jobs in different ways depending on what you have done just before them. It doesn't matter who created them or what new vehicles have been added since it was created (that can be effect them but it's a different bug)

A one off job or the first of playlist, the host will not be able to turn customs off but they will be available.

Any job in a playlist other than the first, customs will be on by default but the host can turn them off. When you get to the vehicle selection screen you will see the < and > either side of the name of the vehicle it's locked to, as if there were other options, but you there is nothing else to select.

I've not tried job hopping to see what happens with that.

So it seems until this is fixed the work around is for hosts not to have a locked-race as the first of a playlist and if they have them later make sure to turn customs off.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Good to know.

Avoiding the locked races might be a good idea for now, shame though, some of those are great fun.

I just hope that we'll be able to lock tracks to a certain vehicle again.

Edited by DavidCore89

I've had a similar situation, but haven't bothered to look into it yet.

I unlocked Rockford GP about an hour before the latest car release so more than just Super cars are available, but when running it FDU that night it was still locked to Supers. I'll have a mess around with it in the creator tonight/tomorrow. No issues with the custom on/off option though.

Seems to be a new bug. I haven't noticed it though. When new vehicles are added, the creator always had to go in and add them manually. I assume this was so that it didn't wreck jobs locked to only one, or a few vehicles.

Not sure if this is related, but has anyone noticed on the stunt race "splits" for compact cars that there is no option to turn off customs but on all the other ones there is?

scottyb1988.jpg

So, are all the stock vehicles been added automatically or just the new ones from the latest updates?

One thing I've noticed a few times (it's only happened to me twice, but I've seen it happen to other people on other occasions) is that sometimes you can only choose from your custom vehicles in that class - there's no option to choose a stock vehicle even though the host set it to stock only.  During @Pb76's Clown Van race at Sandy Shores the other day, I only had the choice of my Custom Gang Burrito or Custom Rumpo .  I couldn't choose any stock vans at all, let alone the Clown Van.  Not sure if it's part of the same bug or something entirely different. 

3 hours ago, ScottyB said:

Not sure if this is related, but has anyone noticed on the stunt race "splits" for compact cars that there is no option to turn off customs but on all the other ones there is?

If Splits is meant to be locked to the stock version of the new compact then this bug would effect it like this

3 hours ago, no_snacks said:

So, are all the stock vehicles been added automatically or just the new ones from the latest updates?

I have only noticed addtiional stock vehicles added to one of my races, so far - not checked them all in every class - and that was just one car in one class.

So whatever is going on there seems to be some random element to it. Only well to tell for sure is every creator with races meant to be locked to a single veholce has to go through them all and check.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue while trying to fix a locked race and publish a new one.

There is only one vehicle available for use (Fieldmaster). After launching the job there is no option to turn customs on or off, as if it were locked to a single vehicle. Then once you reach the car selection screen, customs are available for selection.

I've tried adding and removing all of the available vehicles in the creator, as well as republishing the job.

2 hours ago, kernalhogan said:

I'm having this same issue while trying to fix a locked race and publish a new one.

There is only one vehicle available for use (Fieldmaster). After launching the job there is no option to turn customs on or off, as if it were locked to a single vehicle. Then once you reach the car selection screen, customs are available for selection.

I've tried adding and removing all of the available vehicles in the creator, as well as republishing the job.

This is a bug that's still effecting all races meant to be locked to a single vehicle. There's nothing you can do about it, it effects Rockstar Created races as well.  You just have to remind hosts to turn off customs if you know a race should be locked. But if it's the first job of a playlist or not in a playlist they won't even have that option.

There is another bug that sometimes adds additional classes and / or vehicles to the ones you as the creator have selected, that you can fix by going back and removing the ones you don't want.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

@Hatch managed to do it with his Trophy Truckin' race.

I believe that is because Hatch has two stock vehicles available for selection in that race. This triggers the Custom Vehicle toggle when you are in the lobby of a job. The host still has to turn customs off to only have stock vehicle options.

This is the workaround I'm going to use for my new job. Then just put in the description to turn off customs.

7 minutes ago, kernalhogan said:

I believe that is because Hatch has two stock vehicles available for selection in that race. This triggers the Custom Vehicle toggle when you are in the lobby of a job. The host still has to turn customs off to only have stock vehicle options.

This is the workaround I'm going to use for my new job. Then just put in the description to turn off customs.

Yes, I've done the same on one of mine, actually copying you Hogan, for a race meant to be locked to the Dune Buggy added the Duneloader as well.

I wonder if Rockstar know about this? I assume the bug got caused by something when the stunt races where introduced but by the time I got round to investigating it was well after that release so I kind of just thought someone would have reported it already. But maybe no one has? Anyone know the proper way to report bugs?  In the past I have sent a message on Rockstar Social club and that seemed to get acknowledged, but the last time I did that I got what seemed quite a rude response asking me not to do that again and saying the game was working as intended (the bug was on PS3 any GTA race with compacts selected only gave you the stock Blista as an option, and can't believe that is the game working as intended!).

Edited by djw180

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to reporting this to RockStar support. I expected to get a response telling me they were aware of the issue as it's been around for sometime now. What I actually got was at first instructions for resetting my local user settings. Which I did but obviously they made no difference, which I told them. There next reply was

" We understand your concern regarding this issue and we would like to inform you that the option to use custom cars varies depending on the races that was hosted and it is an intended game design. We are unable to adjust it manually from our end. "

So I've replied trying to explain the issue again.

• Like 2

Finally I got a reply from someone who seems to at least understand there is a problem. At their request I sent a couple of videos that hopefully show them what is going on. Although I don't know why they can't just go in game, start up a race of theirs that is supposed to locked to a single car and see for themselves.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I found another work-around for this bug (that Rockstar probably are not going to ever fix).

If there's more than one class available and you turn off customs in one class that it will be off in other classes as well.

So if you want a race locked to one vehicle set it up with that one option in that class, but make the default class something else with multiple options. Then in your description tell the host to turn off customs then switch classes to the one you wanted it to be. When the race is launched you should only have the one stock option available.

• Like 1