un-wanted customs

djw180

1 minute ago, djw180 said:

I found another work-around for this bug (that Rockstar probably are not going to ever fix).

If there's more than one class available and you turn off customs in one class that it will be off in other classes as well.

So if you want a race locked to one vehicle set it up with that one option in that class, but make the default class something else with multiple options. Then in your description tell the host to turn off customs then switch classes to the one you wanted it to be. When the race is launched you should only have the one stock option available.

That's good, then it's just down to the host to make sure they pick the right class for the race. Something that I never get wrong......

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djw180

• Squirrel

• DavidCore89

• kernalhogan

This bug has got worse.

For races that should be locked to a single, non-custom car, there is no longer the option to turn customs off, even for a job in the middle of a playlist.

To make matters worse when switching between the available cars you no longer have the "confirm" option for the car you want to choose, if it's the single non-custom one. So even if you think you have switched to the non-custom car you may have actually just selected whichever of your custom cars appears first. It is possible to get round this but won't be obvious to everyone. Just switch between the different cars until you get to the non-custom car you want, don't move down to where the confirm option should be, just press X to select the car.

I know that's not very clear, it's quite hard to explain, easiest thing is just to load up a race that you know is supposed to be locked to a non-custom car and see for yourself.

Hosts; if you plan on using a race locked to a single non-custom car,  be aware that some people probably won't understand the bug and even if you tell them which car to pick may accidently pick a custom car.

Creators; you can still get round this by having two cars available so that customs can be turned off. But then you have to tell the host to turn off customs and tell everyone which car to pick.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

To add further to this, anyone with races meant to be restricted to only some of the available cars should check them. I just found one of mine had the Rapid GT added to sports, Dubsta to SUVs, etc.

• 5 months later...

This seems to have been fixed. We noticed it last night at 2 Bros in Lanns race for the Brawler. I've checked it on R* Trend Setting, that is back to being locked to the Blade again and my Boogie Woogie Buggy Boy is locked to the Dune Buggy again (after removing the unwanted other vehicles R* had added, but that has always happended form time to time).

There is still one thing to bear in mind though. If you have a race that is meant to have customs for some classes but locked in others, then it looks like customs are always there for all classes (I only checked this on one race though, so who knows, it might not apply to everything). But you can at least get round this by turning customs off for one of the classes where they are intended as an option, and then switch to the non-custom-locked-class you wanted.

• Like 5