FIFA 17

PapOiteE

For those who don't know, FIFA 17 will come with a new engine... Dice's FROSTBITE! I can't wait for the trailer, I expect high quality graphics and tons of new animations.... And portuguese stadiums as well!

A demo will be available in September as usual.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Crawford1872

• starmonkeykiller

• Banketelli

• 2 months later...

:D I can be quite manipulative! 

When it's out I'll start up a big drive.  I'll put a sign up sheet in the canteen and everything.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

Player ratings are out and they have caused a shitstorm on twitter. And rightly so. Ronaldo rated higher than Messi. What are you smoking, EA? 

No matter how good the new engine is, this will be the most unrealistic FIFA in many years.:P I'm afraid it's my duty as a Messi fanboy to boycott the game. Will have to check with the union on that. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Player ratings are out and they have caused a shitstorm on twitter. And rightly so. Ronaldo rated higher than Messi. What are you smoking, EA? 

No matter how good the new engine is, this will be the most unrealistic FIFA in many years.:P I'm afraid it's my duty as a Messi fanboy to boycott the game. Will have to check with the union on that. 

I think the rating is fair.

Ronaldo is one of the best headers in the world, much better than Messi.

Can't really find a weak point to his game.

I never sign either of them in FUT, they're way too expensive and I get better success with tall and powerful strikers such as Andy Carroll.

Edited by DavidCore89

34 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I think the rating is fair.

Ronaldo is one of the best headers in the world, much better than Messi.

Can't really find a weak point to his game.

I never sign either of them in FUT, they're way too expensive and I get better success with tall and powerful strikers such as Andy Carroll.

Ronaldo is probably the best header in the world. The height he gets is insane. But it's not like Messi is a bad header. At 5'7 he's obviously handicapped, but he has scored some excellent headers.

The weak point to Ronaldo's game is that he can't do much on his own anymore. In Madrid it's all about setting him up. He's maybe the best poacher the world have ever seen, but that's also it. 

Messi does it all; he controls the game, beats opponents all over the pitch, his through balls are insane and while Ronaldo has moved closer and closer to the goal, Messi has gone the opposite way and yet he's still able to almost match Ronaldo's goal stats. 

It's probably no surprise, but for me it's not even close between the two. 

As for in FIFA, with his speed and shooting stats, Ronaldo has always been the player to go with. Used to hate playing online against Real.

Edited by Banketelli

9 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

Ronaldo is probably the best header in the world. The height he gets is insane. But it's not like Messi is a bad header. At 5'7 he's obviously handicapped, but he has scored some excellent headers.

The weak point to Ronaldo's game is that he can't do much on his own anymore. In Madrid it's all about setting him up. He's maybe the best poacher the world have ever seen, but that's also it. 

Messi does it all; he controls the game, beats opponents all over the pitch, his through balls are insane and while Ronaldo has moved closer and closer to the goal, Messi has gone the opposite way and yet he's still able to almost match Ronaldo's goal stats. 

It's probably no surprise, but for me it's not even close between the two. 

As for in FIFA, with his speed and shooting stats, Ronaldo has always been the player to go with. Used to hate playing online against Real.

For me it's hard to pick between them in-game and IRL, both have different strengths. Agree with what you say about Ron though!

Fortunately in Online Seasons I'm never against Barcelona or Real as my favourite team is never above 4 stars :D

16 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

For me it's hard to pick between them in-game and IRL, both have different strengths. Agree with what you say about Ron though!

Fortunately in Online Seasons I'm never against Barcelona or Real as my favourite team is never above 4 stars :D

Yeah, maybe I should find me a team that's not 5-stars. Anything to avoid Real and Bayern.:D Never had much luck playing with Barca. Always end up dribbling my way out of the stadium.:lol: First with Messi and then Neymar. Can't have a player with 5 star dribbling in my team. He'll be the only one touching the ball.  

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

@DavidCore89

Not madly, but my folks are originally from there. I'll check in on their progress on occasion, but apart from Bobby Zamora couldn't really name their best players.

Edited by Chewy
Buggered up the quoting.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chewy said:

@DavidCore89

Not madly, but my folks are originally from there. I'll check in on their progress on occasion, but apart from Bobby Zamora couldn't really name their best players.

That's cool.

They're probably my favourite team from that league, been hoping they would reach the Premier League in the last few seasons, they got close last season!

• Like 1

I can't wait! 

Back in the ps3 days I had a north american psn account so I could dowload the demo one day earlier. I don't know if this is still possible to do though.

Just now, PapOiteE said:

I can't wait! 

Back in the ps3 days I had a north american psn account so I could dowload the demo one day earlier. I don't know if this is still possible to do though.

Yeah, it's still possible.

A friend of mine has a New Zealand account for the same purposes.

• 3 weeks later...