FIFA 17

PapOiteE

Will have to wait until my student loan/uni situation is sorted hopefully be able to get this next week and have my arse tanned/get my slapping paddle out in equal measure

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Crawford1872

• starmonkeykiller

• Banketelli

Any thoughts on this game?

I'm really enjoying it, so many new things to do in FUT (the only game mode I've played so far).

Got my ass kicked several times until I created a decent custom tactic and paired it with a suitable formation, the default was terrible for me. Now I have players making direct runs as soon as I pick up the ball, I'm not too wide without possesion and my CM's aren't totally vacating the centre of the pitch :).

Still haven't built a decent squad, just enough to win matches.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Have been getting to grips with mechanics that finally I seem to approve of from fifa... really like that build up play can be wonderfully patient.

With FUT I very luckly got jamie vardy in on of my returning player packs sold him for 76,000 invested in a fair few reliable options on pitch, chem styles and squad fitness shit should be good to save for a while.

Fancy a match anyone?

@starmonkeykiller - Those England tactics last night, were they the default England tactics?

Really liked the way the CDM stayed well back to break up play in front of the defence.

Edited by DavidCore89

8 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

@starmonkeykiller - Those England tactics last night, were they the default England tactics?

Really liked the way the CDM stayed well back to break up play in front of the defence.

Yea i just set to stay back in instructions.

Btw throughly recommend investing some in the squad building challenges... spent maybe 50000 on them got 6 done and came away with shit tons of decent packs with lots of rares in. If I sold everything either quick sell or on market I must be 20000 up minimum.

Edited by starmonkeykiller

Anyone having any luck with fut champions? Have made the final 5 times out of nine this week so far and knock out on penalties 3 out of the 5.

5 hours ago, starmonkeykiller said:

Anyone having any luck with fut champions? Have made the final 5 times out of nine this week so far and knock out on penalties 3 out of the 5.

I haven't tried it yet, figured I'm not good enough for Champions mode.

Sounds similar to most FUT tournaments, I'd always lose in the final.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Installed this and gave it a whirl online last night, anyone else initially struggle with this one compared to '16? cheers

Edited by Crawford1872

13 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Installed this and gave it a whirl online last night, anyone else initially struggle with this one compared to '16? cheers

Big time.

I would forget about changing to Legacy Defending since it's not allowed online and really goes against the new engine.

I like to play very patiently, so it's OK for me, but the guys who go from back to front with 1 high through pass will struggle to adapt as super offensive tactics aren't the best in 17.

16 was too easy to hold down the supporting man button and win the ball back, glad they've sorted that out. Also 50 or 60 yard high through passes were 100% accurate in 16 and that's BS, not even the best passers in world football can pull them off all the time.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

@DavidCore89 yeah I'm pretty patient with it also so it'll come but yeah the weighting of passes/through balls is probably what I'm struggling with the most atm, didn't know that about the defending thing so that's something, gonna play through a few offline seasons on UT to try and get to grips with it before I go back online, cheers man

7 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

@DavidCore89 yeah I'm pretty patient with it also so it'll come but yeah the weighting of passes/through balls is probably what I'm struggling with the most atm, didn't know that about the defending thing so that's something, gonna play through a few offline seasons on UT to try and get to grips with it before I go back online, cheers man

It's on Tactical Defending by default, and that's the best one to use.

I played a few seasons on the highest level first, if you can keep them from scoring then you'll be fine online as highest level requires really high work rate.

Also, when it comes to shooting, finesse shot is way overpowered when one-on-one with the keeper, regular shot will be saved most of the time.

I haven't played since the last patch, so not sure what gameplay changes have been made.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Yeah it's working i'm feeling a bit better after just the first season, only losing goals with stupid clearances that would have 100% been punted up the park in last years game, think they need to tweak the refs but, seem to get fouled a lot and injured with it but without it being a free kick lol

23 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Yeah it's working i'm feeling a bit better after just the first season, only losing goals with stupid clearances that would have 100% been punted up the park in last years game, think they need to tweak the refs but, seem to get fouled a lot and injured with it but without it being a free kick lol

Believe it or not they actually toned down the rate of injuries a couple of patches ago, they're still too frequent though, and always 3 match injuries.