How do you watch movies?

JustHatched

I currently watch 99% of my movies on KODI on my TV and when it’s stuff my wife rather not watch, I will watch on my laptop, which I love cause I can plug in the headphones and really get immersed. Before KODI I would borrow movies from libraries around the county. I tell people all the time, check your local library, they usually have extensive DVD collections.

I never watch Movies on Demand, I think I did that once.

I only go to theatres for stuff I have to watch, currently Crazy Rich Asians, The Meg, and BlackkKlansman are on my theatre list. 

I was given a hacked firestick (KODI) as a gift from my banker a few years back (f’en crook), and I remember using it to watch bootleg of Pacific Rising, and it was shit quality, so I figured it was garbage and stopped using it. I then went back to it and it was cool, I learned to be patient and not to expect the in theatre films until they are released on DVD. Suddenly a lawsuit in Canada spooks all the KODI providers and basically shut it all down. But they all came back early this year and I’ve never been happier. That is why Im trying to watch as much as I can because you never know when KODI will be interrupted again. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• Sinister

• zmurko

• Jesse

Contrary to my previous post, we go see them in the theater or wait until they hit Netflix or some other streaming site. Got burned out on the drive in due to crap choices and an annoying owner. 

Rarely buying anything on disc these days. I believe they will go the way of the CD very soon.

• 5 months later...

If I wanna be around company and my sister isn't around .. I jump on rabb.it and watch random movies with strangers.

If I watch movies alone; I load up the laptop and use either Amazon Prime, Netflix, or Hulu on my laptop, HDMI to the tv screen and go from there.