Contend: Top Secret

djw180

Contend: Top Secret Job Image

RSC link

Made for the co-op captures events.

Contend capture, 2 teams, 30 player max, 10 mins.

The two teams should not interact. They each have their own targets in separate locations.

Forced and pickups, no owned weapons.

Each team needs to get cases of secret documents, the contents of which remain a mystery, back to their base. The authorities are onto you and have the cases well guarded. You are provided with a range of weapons and some relatively secure transport.

One team's target cases are located at a building site the other's at a derelict hotel. On arrival at the target you will find yourself under attack from police in cars and helicopters and that there are a few more heavily armed guards awaiting you as well (they are all set to respawn 5 times).

Since the same green icon is used to show all capture objects, even those that only the other team can take, just go for the cases closest to your start point and ignore the other team.

Reduced version made for max 8 players

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/lm1QJvYfi0GCUHnMGk8Tug

Fewer NPCS, no wanted levels, target score is 3, only 1 case for each team to get. Same locations.

Edited by djw180

@Xyon14, @Lann, @LimeGreenLegend, @adsyfindlay & anyone else (not going to try and @mention everyone)

I'd love to get people's feedback on this. It's very difficult for me to judge the right level of difficulty the NPCs (actors + police) should give this. I had to have my headset muted most of the time and couldn't hear that well last night due to TV on in background.

It didn't go as I planned, it seemed most of my team went to the other team's target location. That I assume was just due to all the capture cases showing up for both teams when what is supposed to happen is one location's cases are just for team 1 and the other just for team 2. This may be bug in the creator, I haven't had chance to check it yet. I did notice a similar thing in testing this, so I went back and re-placed the capture objects making sure (I think) they were for one team only. Hopefully I made a mistake and just need to re-place them all again rather than it being an actual bug. But maybe I need to make other changes as well?

What I had intended is each team would go to their specific target in all the insurgent pickups, the guns on those would be used to deal with police helicopters and cars. One or two people then take up positions away from the target and use their sniper rifles, the others go in closer with their rifles/shotguns attacking the other actors / police and protecting the insurgent gunners. Once the actors are all dealt with (they respawn 5 times), some people go in to get the cases whilst the others keep the police occupied.

• Is the opposition at the targets too strong?
    •  There's 4 snipers and 6 actors with advanced rifles, all set to aggressive and accurate.
  • would just the actors or just the 3* wanted level be enough?
  • Can more be done to keep the two teams separate?
    • I assumed that if the capture cases are just for one team only then each team would concentrate on their own target and that attacking the other team would be suicide.
    • The only thing I could do if that's not going to be the case is move one of the team's target much further away. But I picked the two locations as they are very similar, both construction sites, both in the city so effects of traffic should be equal.
Edited by djw180

I liked it and would try it again. Knowing which bags were ours at the start would be good because we had to deal with the actors, the cops and the other team all at the same time it was chaotic and hard. It was a really great idea though and I'm not sure how to tweek it to make it work better. If you could somehow just keep the teams away from the others bags it would be just great in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think the map should just show your team's capture objects only. That's why I think there's either a bug in the creator or I accidentally left some of the cases as available to both teams.

I may just move one team over the other side of the map. I could use the Clucking Bell Factory or the Motel in Sandy Shores as the target location.

OK I've figured out the problems.

First, all capture objects appear as the same green case icon on the map, even when they are only the for the other team. So there's no way to tell which cases you should not go for. The other problem is in the creator sometimes when you click on a cpature object for team 2 to move it t changes to team 1. So team 1 may well have had more cases than team 2.

Seems the only solution, and probably a good idea anyway, is move team 2 to the other side of the map. That way there should be no realistic chance of teams attacking each other anyway.

Changes made. Team 2 is now in Sandy Shores, targets at the abandoned Motel. Same set up in terms of weapons and enemies. This should keep the teams well seperated. Just go for the closest target cases to your base.

Traffic now off so motor bike respawn vehicles.

Another change, made the actors with the sniper rifles less accurate and defensive, also changed to normal rather than heavy sniper. I think they made it too difficult given the size of teams we're getting at the moment.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...