Gameplay Tips

JustHatched

here's a tip i didn't know for a while. while in air with a vehicle if you hold down the hand break you can do flips and spins, when you dont use the hand break you can do barrel rolls.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prodigy_Rocks_

• DavidCore89

• Pb76

• Muskidinho04

Always equip the auto shotty b4 getting in a vehicle...when someone is chasing you get up to top speed then slam into a wall...jump out and spray them down...I have gotten hundreds of kills doing this.

• Like 1

Always equip the auto shotty b4 getting in a vehicle...when someone is chasing you get up to top speed then slam into a wall...jump out and spray them down...I have gotten hundreds of kills doing this.

Is the wall slamming part necessary?

Fun fact I learned tonight (ridiculous I never thought of it before considering how much time I spend in DM/TDM). As per the new option to toggle "friendly fire" sensitivity to "low", I always wondered why there were certain people in DMs I could never target. It wasn't until now that a friend pointed out that that setting applies to DMs as well. Sure enough all this time those that I couldn't target were indeed in my friend's list.

Toggle to" standard" and problem solved.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 3 weeks later...

Found a pretty good way to raise Strength yesterday. Raised it 2 1/2 bars to max in only about a half hour. To do this, just play 1 hole of Golf at a time, and hole 6 is only a par 3 so it's quick, usually finish in only 2 shots. The game rewards strength for a game of Golf but it doesn't recognize if it's a full game or just 1 hole. Takes about 6 individule holes to raise one complete bar.

I tried the kicking around in the back of a dumptruck trick but that seemed to have been patched.

Shoot tail (fin? eh) of Lazer with heavy sniper = they can't steer the plane, so either they jump or they die

Vents on back of tank are vulnerable to stickies, although it has to be tons of them. The tire tracks on tanks can also be shot to lower the handling of the tank, but otherwise it's quite indestructible.

Oh yeah. If you play Darts, the maximum point on one throw isn't 50. It's 60 (triple score on 20).

A8FgB70.jpg

Someone posted this on gtaforums.Very helpful for people who rely on car sales for earning cash:

I have been checking out the Grove St. area, and ran across multiple gang vehicles (I have found 4 types in this area).  To get these, find the cul-de-sac at the end of Grove Street (google it or see the little map below).  This puts you in Ballas area (purple cars).  The custom car will spawn in the cul-de-sac, but not every time.  Go up the street, pass one major intersection, then you run into gang members wearing green (Families is the name of the gang I believe).  This area is where another custom car shows up.  Once you hit the next major street (with the tracks) that is it.  Go back and forth until the one you want spawns.

The Vagos gang seems to have two spawn locations called out on the map below, both are parking lots.  They aren't on Grove St but are right in the same area.

A few notes:

- These cars come with custom modifications on them, the pics are exactly how I found them (I didn't change anything).  In addition to body modifications most had the lowest suspension.

- The Tornado has two variants (hard top / convertible).  Each variant seems to have minor tweaks (wheel style, exhaust, cover over rear tire).

- These can be placed in your garage, and modified however you want.  Think of them as already customized versions of the normal car.

- This is a neat/cheap way for a newer player to get a custom ride.

- I have no idea about the performance of these, I am sure you can look online for information.

Updated:
Thanks to DangerZone77 for mentioning Vagos and providing a pic of one of the spawn locations, I was able to update this post to include that gang.

Map of Spawn Locations (Families / Ballas / Vagos) Click for larger image
11734978765_7c6d24c4b1.jpg

Tornado convertible (Families)
11719048104_e84c6c7b26.jpg

Tornado hardtop (Families)
11718675195_e082653b51.jpg

Tornado hardtop (Families and Ballas)
11719459986_61916ed22e.jpg

Tornado convertible (Vagos)
11735568846_a0a539245b.jpg

Manana (Families) - Notice the curb feelers.  Also, you can't see at this angle but the headlights have a grill over them
11718675415_cdece19ce1.jpg

Peyote (Ballas) - Hard to see at this angle, but behind the rear seat there is a custom plate that says "Low Santos".  These types of nameplates are used in the low rider community.  This also has curb feelers.
11719459906_e132c001df.jpg

Buccaneer (Families)
11718947643_282ac4c233.jpg

Buccaneer (Families / Ballas)
11718675665_50f0204441.jpg

Buccaneer (Vagos)
11734810155_f1e072a6f2.jpg

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  

LSC Gang car sale values (+comparisons)

Gang Declasse Tornado (soft top/convertible) --- 12,575
Gang Vapid Peyote (open top) --- 10,340
Gang Albany Buccaneer --- 9,875
Lampadati Felon GT --- 9,500
Lampadati Felon --- 9,000
Gallivanter Baller --- 9,000
Obey Rocoto --- 8,500
Gang Declasse Tornado (hard top) --- 8,050
Ubermacht Oracle --- 8,000
Ocelot F620 --- 8,000
Benefactor Schwartzer --- 8,000
Gang Albany Manana (open top) --- 7,520
Benefactor Dubsta --- 7,000
Albany Cavalcade --- 7,000
  • Like 1

Shoot tail (fin? eh) of Lazer with heavy sniper = they can't steer the plane, so either they jump or they die

Vents on back of tank are vulnerable to stickies, although it has to be tons of them. The tire tracks on tanks can also be shot to lower the handling of the tank, but otherwise it's quite indestructible.

Oh yeah. If you play Darts, the maximum point on one throw isn't 50. It's 60 (triple score on 20).

Actually you can fly the plane, put the plane i knife edge and raise or lower the elevator to turns. Or if you hit elevator, knife the plane and use rudder to raise or lower the plane.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Actually you can fly the plane, put the plane i knife edge and raise or lower the elevator to turns. Or if you hit elevator, knife the plane and use rudder to raise or lower the plane.

The plane can't maintain the flight any longer than if it's upright, and since he's forced to knife-edge you should have a clear shot to any of the moving fin things.

Just don't bother shooting any other part of the plane anyway. It's practically a tank

A8FgB70.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

when playing in autoaim, turn down your sensitivity for look movement. this way the autoaim targets the chest and when you lower your sensitivity, the movement is slower. higher is harder to control. this is why I do free aim, but I figure I'll pass the advise :)

instead of aiming for the pilot in a buzzard who's circling you, aim for the tail rotor. no rotor, no steering, loses control and crashes. also works well for police choppers

If you are only playing a 2 person survival, or even a 3 way.

Figure out who is taking down the choppers before round 4, and the other one(s) cover the ground shooters

Otherwise you will be wasting time and getting killed

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 1 year later...

I set my standard action to "eat snack" or "drink E-cola" to get a quicker health boost. If you aim or drive it does not start the animation of the action but health increases bit by bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I read all of these, some good stuff on here.

The idea about smashin a car into a wall with someone chasing you and gettin out with a beef burger eddy gun and puttin the fool down is good. The following "is the smashing into the wall neccessary" comment is better, comedy gold after reading every post.

Dont know if this is common knowledge but, sometimes my ps3 or router decide to be awkward so I cant access online at all. But an invite to a free session usually does the job.

• 4 weeks later...

First off, if you aren't into pvp are just don't want to read this then don't do it. I'm not forcing you to swallow this large pill of a tutorial/tips. Also it gives me a chance to clear up any hidden accusations of me being a "hacker". (I've been accused by a few randoms, some kids, but unfortantly some crew members)

So... Some PS3 crew members have played with me long enough to notice that I get straight 2 KD's and up on almost every TDM/DM we do. Some players may have noticed that what ever team I get placed on, I managed to bring them to victory, even if they aren't as good. Here's one thing that summarizes half of this tip/tutorial; "head shots".

I follow a few simple "routine" that is pretty much successful after time and devotion, here are some:

RASHR: (Ra-sh-er)

1. Roll -roll to negate auto lock but decent-good players expect these tactics while aiming for benefit in

2. Aim -after you roll, re-aim and move your crosshairs to the head

3. Shoot -while your moving your crosshair to the head, shoot as every shoot could determine the kill

4. Head - head shots deal 2x damage or one hit kill, the 3-4 shot or somewhere around that is your final

bullet which pretty much determines that kill

5. Repeat - this technique alone only last a few seconds so you gotta repeat the process as it doesn't take

long for them to re-lock on

RASSHR: same as above but you're sprint-walking (Ra-shhhhhh-er)

1. Roll

2. Aim

3. Sprint -tap X every 1-2 seconds to speed up your character during aim down sights to make it difficult

for your enemy to pinpoint your head. Also useful in flushing corner campers a bit

4. Shoot

5. Head

6. Repeat

"One way" -free aim tactic:

1. Go up against the wall but don't take cower

2. Get a little distance from the wall because your bullets will hit the wall

3. Aim down sights and move closer to the edge

4. Have your crosshair on your target and shoot, make sure your crosshair is close to the wall as you want

to be less exposed

Summary: your enemy will see only the bullet flash and bullets while on your end, your perfectly normal

Sub-tips:

-take cower while eating snacks, use armour if you want but it's terrible in this game

(either a health pack isn't available or you don't want the enemy noticing a disappearing health pack or armour)

-flank

(sometimes there's more than one way to approach an enemy or a camper, go around the entire map if you have too)

That's pretty much my gameplay, hope to see potentially skilled players out there using good techniques against me, I'm up for the rage-inducing challenge. I could make a guide on how to combat these but I'll let you decide, just mention it or something in your reply. Also question to the haters accusing me of "hacking". Does 1.5-2 years of practicing PvP skills make me a hacker?

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_
  • Like 1

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

So basically as Prodigy says, combat rolling. The crucial thing to learn is timing. Knowing when to roll and when to counter roll. The only way to get better is to practice this. You need to vs people at least as good, but preferably better for you to improve.

After you learn the basics of it, the next thing is to customise it to each opponents playing style and skill. This takes a while to learn, but if you play with the same people enough, you will be able to predict what they will do since most people do the same things. After that, you can quite quickly learn how randoms play after you encounter them a few times during the DM.

Do they run straight at you, camp in one place and wait for you, go off the map etc? If you can predict what they will do, then come up with a strategy to counter it.

I know certain players that i can't beat if we are out in the open, so i'll wait for them to make the first move so i get the advantage. Others i know i can beat most of the time so i'll happily run at them, and simply outplay them (most of the time :P).

Another tip for rolling, which i am only just starting to do now (against certain players of course) is to wait until they roll. Most of the time your opponent will roll first and then get up and kill you. when they have started rolling, you counter roll and you will get the drop on them since they won't be able to lock on to you first and won't be able to roll either.

First off, if you aren't into pvp are just don't want to read this then don't do it. I'm not forcing you to swallow this large pill of a tutorial/tips. Also it gives me a chance to clear up any hidden accusations of me being a "hacker". (I've been accused by a few randoms, some kids, but unfortantly some crew members)

So... Some PS3 crew members have played with me long enough to notice that I get straight 2 KD's and up on almost every TDM/DM we do. Some players may have noticed that what ever team I get placed on, I managed to bring them to victory, even if they aren't as good. Here's one thing that summarizes half of this tip/tutorial; "head shots".

I follow a few simple "routine" that is pretty much successful after time and devotion, here are some:

RASHR: (Ra-sh-er)

1. Roll -roll to negate auto lock but decent-good players expect these tactics while aiming for benefit in

2. Aim -after you roll, re-aim and move your crosshairs to the head

3. Shoot -while your moving your crosshair to the head, shoot as every shoot could determine the kill

4. Head - head shots deal 2x damage or one hit kill, the 3-4 shot or somewhere around that is your final
bullet which pretty much determines that kill

5. Repeat - this technique alone only last a few seconds so you gotta repeat the process as it doesn't take
long for them to re-lock on

RASSHR: same as above but you're sprint-walking (Ra-shhhhhh-er)

1. Roll
2. Aim
3. Sprint -tap X every 1-2 seconds to speed up your character during aim down sights to make it difficult
for your enemy to pinpoint your head. Also useful in flushing corner campers a bit
4. Shoot
5. Head
6. Repeat

"One way" -free aim tactic:

1. Go up against the wall but don't take cower

2. Get a little distance from the wall because your bullets will hit the wall

3. Aim down sights and move closer to the edge

4. Have your crosshair on your target and shoot, make sure your crosshair is close to the wall as you want
to be less exposed

Summary: your enemy will see only the bullet flash and bullets while on your end, your perfectly normal

Sub-tips:

-take cower while eating snacks, use armour if you want but it's terrible in this game
(either a health pack isn't available or you don't want the enemy noticing a disappearing health pack or armour)

-flank
(sometimes there's more than one way to approach an enemy or a camper, go around the entire map if you have too)

That's pretty much my gameplay, hope to see potentially skilled players out there using good techniques against me, I'm up for the rage-inducing challenge. I could make a guide on how to combat these but I'll let you decide, just mention it or something in your reply. Also question to the haters accusing me of "hacking". Does 1.5-2 years of practicing PvP skills make me a hacker?

It's not good that people are openly calling you a hacker, and you should talk to a senior staff member about it if it bothers you or it continually happens. 

I have heard stories that you are extremely hard to kill. I occasionly experience lag against certain players, or find them near impossible to kill. As in, i'll lay 2 clips to their head and they turn around and kill me in one shot. The difference is that even though i personally can't kill them, everyone else has no issue and this is proven after the DM when they have died many times. Then the next day i will have no issue killing them, in fact, sometimes its actually too easy, i just aim in the general area of their head and it counts.

I have no doubt that you're a good player, but getting ridiculously high k/ds all the time, even on virtually spawn kill maps will make people question how you're doing so good. Even our best players would never consistently do as well as what i've heard you do and i would put money that they are better than you are too.  These scores can easily be achieved by camping or running off the map for a skilled player, but if you're into close combat or run and gun style game play, you will be dying a lot more. So i'm sure you can appreciate why people will think this. If you're not doing anything dodgy, its actually a complement. 

Either way, i know you're a (very) competitive player so i would doubt that you're cheating as it wouldn't be much of an achievment. I'm looking forward to seeing you on ps4 one day. We have a lot of good DM players that i'm sure will be able to give you a run for your money.

Another friendly word of advice,  I would watch out about being so cocky and arrogant in all your posts. Nobody cares how good you are and if "you carry the team" or not.  In saying things like that, and how you want "real competition", you are putting down our other members because they are not as good as you which isn't acceptable. Everybody needs to start some where and winning isn't everything. This will be a quick way to annoy everyone and they will want to avoid you at all costs.

We are all here to have fun.  Some people have fun by being competitive, and others have fun by just playing the game.
Edited by ScottyB
  • Like 6

scottyb1988.jpg

I appreciate the fact you think and may very well be that good, let's not post it in such a fashion to look like an ass please.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Ok, I apologize. One reason is I'm run into people here and there calling me a "hacker". So, I'm making a post on what am I doing so crew members can see why I'm accused of hacking. I didn't make this post to accidently put down fellow crew member but only to summarize what's been going on. So. All do respect, I apologize to my fellow members that might have been insulted or annoyed with the "style" of my post. But one purpose of my "helpful" post was the clear my innocence of "hacking".

(People sometimes wonder why, how one person pulls what ever teams he/she's on to victory which was mentioned in a... let's say "weird way".)

Another is to encourage people of they ever thought about PvP is explained by those acronyms and their meaning.

-oh by the way I'm not sure about getting a ps4. Money for console, ps plus, new games are just clouding my judgement weather to beg my parents for one.

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Ok, I apologize. One reason is I'm run into people here and there calling me a "hacker". So, I'm making a post on what I do that people assume I'm a hacker. I didn't make this post to accidently put down fellow crew member but only to summarize what's been going on. So. All do respect, I apologize to my fellow members that might have been insulted or annoyed with the "style" of my post. But seriously, getting these accusations can get a little out of hand even though I also treat them as a compliment. In the end I have had one, stalked me on social club.

I won't claim to know either way if you are a hacker, I will take you at your word though. All I can say is if someone in the crew is seriously calling you a hacker and it bothers you let me know. On the other hand it may be in jest but not seemingly coming across that way. And I say that because in this crew 99% of the time if someone is thought to be a hacker then I or a commish are usually notified to watch this person or that person.

I won't claim to know either way if you are a hacker, I will take you at your word though. All I can say is if someone in the crew is seriously calling you a hacker and it bothers you let me know. On the other hand it may be in jest but not seemingly coming across that way. And I say that because in this crew 99% of the time if someone is thought to be a hacker then I or a commish are usually notified to watch this person or that person.

-edited my post because I remembered to add/change some things-

So far I've been accused by I believed 2 crew members but I won't share their names because:

1. I forgot their names

2. I respect their privacy even though they accused me

I want them to see what I do so they can take the time to re-think their judgement on me.

-edit- if they ever see it. -edit-

Edited by Prodigy_Rocks_

PvP in GTA is just as much net/lag related as it is skill... I'd actually go as far to say that it's the former rather than the latter and I've played enough TDM's, captures, LTS's and crew battles to come to that conclusion.

A lot of the time being "good" at PvP in GTA means either the net is very good with low ping or the complete opposite (laggy as shit). Having an understanding of the poor game mechanics is a great boost to that as well as knowledge of the maps and surroundings. I'm having quite a hard job finding where skill fits in  :lol:.

I could make my net lag like holy hell very easily and you'd all assume I'm good... It makes very little sense.

Sometimes people in the crew may say "Hacker" light-heartedly, it doesn't always mean they're serious, I've heard it too many times here and I've been called it a lot of times too, but it's not meant literally.

• Like 6

PvP in GTA is just as much net/lag related as it is skill... I'd actually go as far to say that it's the former rather than the latter and I've played enough TDM's, captures, LTS's and crew battles to come to that conclusion.

A lot of the time being "good" at PvP in GTA means either the net is very good with low ping or the complete opposite (laggy as shit). Having an understanding of the poor game mechanics is a great boost to that as well as knowledge of the maps and surroundings. I'm having quite a hard job finding where skill fits in  :lol:.

I could make my net lag like holy hell very easily and you'd all assume I'm good... It makes very little sense.

Sometimes people in the crew may say "Hacker" light-heartedly, it doesn't always mean they're serious, I've heard it too many times here and I've been called it a lot of times too, but it's not meant literally.

Got to back DC up, If I'm hosting a playlist then I can come quite highly up the leaderboard, sometimes even getting the MVP. When I'm connecting to another playlist, especially one hosted by someone overseas then a lot of the time I've been killed before I've even seen the person shooting. 

Without dedicated servers we'll always have this issue. It's always more visible when playing against Australian members too. 

• Like 1

Every time I've heard someone called hacker in this crew it was just a joke and a compliment. As in "The only way you can be that good is to be a hacker" but since no one in XDBX is a hacker it's actually a high compliment on the player's ability

Edited by Beez
  • Like 1

Every time I've heard someone called hacker in this crew it was just a joke and a compliment. As in "The only way you can be that good is to be a hacker" but since no one in XDBX is a hacker it's actually a high compliment on the player's ability

The most common "Hackers" are G, DC89, LN, and recently No_Snacks. But thats just when I'm playing. :D

Damn it, this just went OT. Come on Dodge, get it together...

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png