Gameplay Tips

JustHatched

I would like to compile a list of tips to assist gameplay, So if you have one, even if it is common knowledge please post, we may know but perhaps a new player doesn't or we need reminded.

Biggest one I have is one I discovered tonight, I never have been a badass in Deathmatches, but could hold my own. But the last couple weeks I just seemed to suck and finally figured out why, When R* added to low attack on friends option, turns out it also affects DM's. So for this type of battle you need to have it on standard

In case you do not know, hold select, scroll to friend attack prioriy, and choose your option.

Edit 3/3/14 from dodgeservice:

Use the speed Boost during racing. Press the gas when it says "GO" after the countdown at the start of the race. A short speed boost will give you a nice hole shot. Just a reminder. After the hole shot, see if you can chase DavidCore89 down. Dude is sick behind the wheel. Props man.

Edited by JustHatched
Added tip
  • Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prodigy_Rocks_

• DavidCore89

• JustHatched

• Muskidinho04

Yeah I agree man, I see it in the Prison Thugz Fight a lot, I did try to explain it the other night but had too much to smoke and forgot it's name, with it on low it's not gonna be pretty lol.

It's a good feature but why it's not disabled in DM I do not know.

Taking cover and eating snacks during a mission, DM or whatever.

Not everyone does it but it can be priceless when your about to be killed on that precious last life in a mission, or when you cant stand to let your enemy have that kill in a DM

Since one of the most recent patches you can also drink Ecola when driving, very handy on some missions when you have just been blitzed by a stampede of angry meth heads :)

• Like 1

Use the speed Boost during racing. Press the gas when it says "GO" after the countdown at the start of the race. A short speed boost will give you a nice hole shot. Just a reminder. After the hole shot, see if you can chase DavidCore89 down. Dude is sick behind the wheel. Props man.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

On rooftop rumble if you go a different way to Madraza's rather than the set way you won't get enemy vehicles spawning trying to kill you.

When I did rooftop rumble solo I waited for all the cars at the garage location and after that no more showed up on the pre-ordained route. I also got the full 18K. I've only played it solo once so don't know if I'd still get 18K ? Tell a lie I did do it again but can't remember the payout and like an idiot I let the suitcase getaway so ended up chasing that lol.

A rocket launcher ? Seriously. I thought people would save that extravagance for special occasions.

Edited by Troysayshi

Played it this morning and the player who collected the documents waited for the enemies to turn up outside the garage, there was 4 or 5 cars which he dispatched with the RPG, there was none spawned on the way to Madrazo's after that. I haven't tested this myself though.

yeah on RR there are only 4 suv's that show up. also when shooting the mg's and assault rifles try to shoot 3-5 round bursts instead of just holding down the fire button plus you save on ammo. on survivals use your pistol(.50cal or heavy pistol aka the 1911 depending on what you have) for the first 5-6 rounds.

Edited by Muskidinho04
  • Like 1

Did RR earlier and took a totally different route back and the suv's spawned where i went. You definitely can wait by the garage and despatch of all the enemies with your guns and then drive back easily, or take a chopper?

Did RR earlier and took a totally different route back and the suv's spawned where i went. You definitely can wait by the garage and despatch of all the enemies with your guns and then drive back easily, or take a chopper?

If you have a Pegasus chopper, it will be on the roof of the hospital a couple of blocks away when you call

I'm not sure if this has been posted on any other forum, but the island of San Andreas seems to be in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.  If you fly too far away from the map, the plane (or chopper) has an engine failure, and you plummet into the ocean.  I tried this by going as far north as possible.  I haven't tried flying south yet.

Oh, there is no official stat for this, but I have been eaten by three sharks in the game.  :mellow:  What can I say?  I like to explore the lands (and waters) less traveled.

• Like 2

Jester - you cannot be shot at from the rear as there is no rear window and from what I have noticed from testing there is no gaps unlike other cars.

Perfect for many situations but bear it in mind if you're chasing someone in freeroam who happens to be driving a Jester

• Like 1

Cool, are the sharks online or just story mode?

I can't remember--I've played so much lately that I sometimes have trouble remembering what I did where--maybe that's just getting older, but I know for certain it happened the first time in story mode with Franklin.  You get a PS3 trophy called "Out of Your Depth" when you become shark food.

I may do some shark hunting later tonight.  I remember it happening up around the smaller islands off the coast of San Andreas in the far north.

What's the most interesting place some of you have found on the map?

What's the most interesting place some of you have found on the map?

The sunked alien spaceship at Paleto Cove (at the bottom of a trench).

Spooked me when I saw it.

There are also several planes and shipwrecks all around the map.

I could highlight the locations if you want.

Or we could go explore with the crew.

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 2

Shoot the tail of a copter to bring it down fast

I don't know if I'm just not quick enough, but I've found it easier for me to go for the pilot with a MG or Combat MG if I haven't picked up a minigun from a Survival. I'll keep trying to improve my shooting to take the choppers out with the method you recommend. Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

If you like doing Gang Attacks (it's a good way to level up your shooting for example) trigger it from the edge of the right circle. Enemies only spawn inside the circle (which you stop seeing as soon as it starts) so if you find some decent cover coincident with that edge you will have all enemies spawning from the same side instead of surrounding you.

A bit of random advice for people who really have trouble in races but want to get better at them:

- At the start, when loads of people are crashing into each other, avoid the mess. Slow down, stabilize your car, and make poor racing lines if needed to avoid dangerous spots. It may not be optimal, but it's better to slip out of the mess on 3rd and with your car intact, than coming out on 10th with a pile of junk that will soon need to re-spawn. Those 5 or 6 seconds you lost by going slower aren't very meaningful in a 10 minute race, but starting from behind by 20 or 30 seconds is demotivating and you will enjoy the race less. 

- I know it may be stating the obvious, but on doubt, go slower. Make it your first priority to not crash or spin out. Focus on that as your first exercise in the learning curve. It's better to lose a few extra tenths of a second by going slower around a curve than to lose 10 seconds spinning out, which if done repeatedly leads to frustration, 1 and 2 minute-long distances from the first place, and DNFs. As you start repeating tracks and getting to know the cars better you'll notice you times improving and your average position climbing. If you push too hard and constantly crash you'll learn slower. Apply this even when you're driving through Los Santos in free-roam. Running away from the police is an excellent time to practice racing.

- If you're trying to pile up wins to unlock upgrades be patient and a bit cynical or creative if needed. When you find yourself in a lobby with some low level players that look as if they just got out of the tutorial try and invite them for a simple and quick race, trying not to get too far ahead of them to see if they're enticed to repeat. Or get yourself a car from a rarely used class like compacts or sedans and upgrade them as far as you can go, then host simple races in these classes. again inviting lower level players. PS: Though at Los Santos Customs you'll read something like "you need x wins in this category to unlock" ignore it. It refers to total number of wins (in all land races, sea and air don't count), so they all stack up regardless if you're racing a motorbike or a compact car. Which means that you can win races on your Blista to unlock mods for Supercars.

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 4

get more $ outa robbery. buy all you can in a store b4 you rob it. 

Stealth: when your away from the game a few mins making a snack, set to sneak then use a rubber band on the controller to move. might be able to just set the thing upside down to move around. can be done in your garage. 

Flying: when you sleep or work, go to a solo room, get a chopper and rubber band the throttle. max flying in a few days. 

Driving: well... you'll be doing a ton of driving. if really need to max rt away, can take a random car to the horse track. there is a inside track all fenced you can use the trusty rubber band trick on. 

Lungs: I don't see any need for it, but just keep diving. i hear just being under water counts if have scuba gear. 

Strength:  Stomping a truck bed had been patch. i ran around Maze bank arena smashing ppl. also made stamina increase. 

Stamina: running around Maze bank arena smashing ppl. lol or can have some fun on a BMX. find some bowls to play in. 

Shooting: I grind survival solo. get to kill them all that way. or find a friend to watch you kill them. with 2 ppl, more enemies spawn. shooting up in a few hours if you go non-stop. 

Max health: from what i seen and read, this only reflects your lvl. ie need to be lvl 100 for max heath. 

Some ppl just like to play and gain stats as they go. others like to have these maxed. all a matter of pref.. 

the shooting, you carry more ammo if your maxed.

the stamina, you can run forever when maxed. 

Jester - you cannot be shot at from the rear as there is no rear window and from what I have noticed from testing there is no gaps unlike other cars.

Perfect for many situations but bear it in mind if you're chasing someone in freeroam who happens to be driving a Jester

I'll need to find a Jester, lol ty for info

If want the Jester, have to add the bulletproof window at LS costumes. looks good tho. 

Edited by Sk8erFish
  • Like 2

Faster than punching people for strength is going to the golf course and doing just one hole. 6 is good for that, par 3 and a very smooth put. You'll gain as much strength as a full game gives.

to level up your flying fast land and take off for a while. when you land stay down for 3-5 seconds then take off stay up for 3-5 seconds. best place to do this is at the lsc airport. here is a video tutorial

• Like 1

here's another tip for stamina use the bike.

on Rooftop Rumble there is a left you can make when your about .6miles away that cuts about half of that distance down if your not using the helicopter method on this mission.

its quicker to hold select to mark mission objectives than pause.

when robbing a amour car park you car in front of it shotgun the driver then use your shotgun to open the back doors instead of throwing a sticky(its a lot cheaper).

for those who want to upgrade there lung capacity for every minute(doesn't have to be consecutive) underwater you get 1% added to the stat. i have more tips just cant remember them off the top of my head

Edited by Muskidinho04
  • Like 1

you can be killed from the back, there is a little gap

me and my friend tried it and it took about a full clip from the special carbine but i was getting hit

you can be killed from the back, there is a little gap

me and my friend tried it and it took about a full clip from the special carbine but i was getting hit

Hmmm, I will need to test again.

The only thing me and my buddy discovered was bullets move cars lol.

Maybe you would volunteer to shoot me in my Jester?

Edited by DavidCore89