• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• Smurf

• grjkie

"

PS4 Pro tips and tricks: Can you get HDR when the PSVR is connected?

In order to feed both your TV and the PlayStation VR images, you have to connect a PSVR Processor Unit to your PS4 Pro via HDMI and use a separate HDMI connection to your TV. This unit is compatible with 4K so can passthrough 2160p images, but it is not compatible with HDR. That means, if you want to make use of HDR pictures on compatible games you have to unplug the Processor Unit and connect your console directly to the TV whenever you are not using the VR headset."

read this in an article, I have an HDR TV that the pro says its unsupported, 4k but not HDR arm, gonna test this out later and I'll edit this :) 

edit- this fuckin solved it, I have the two 4k modes now, the non HDR and the HDR one, gonna see if the lag is unbearable on this new mode now...

edit- now, I myself am not even sure about it but I think I can handle this 4k+HDR lag on single player. Maybe... No way I'm playing on this resolution online, the lag makes it awful... I haven't played online but there is a clear delay between your input and its response... Now nothing like a second on anything but it's pretty much noticeable and that will make it unplayable online for me at least. It's very beautiful yes :)

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

New update, after everything correctly set up between the pro and the TV I thought I should give this HDR thing a go with you guys on a PL.

Well, I don't regret it man. It was worth it, this fuckin thing really does make a difference, mind you gta is not a game enhanced for 4k but the image quality I saw reminded me of when I made the jump to the ps4... Really, gta on my tv and the ps pro surprised the fuck out of me...

The lag is there but I believe as well that is a bit a matter of perception. The game looks crystal clear guys, I can't wait to see native 4k games... About the lag, it's playable, if I'm not mistaken my tv on game mode delivers me a .2 milisec lag, I usually perform well on that. It lags a bit but I believe we ourselves can adapt to these types of things, like anticipating the lag subconsciously and all that crap. I didn't perform at top, I don't think I could play with HDR if I played competitively outside the crew but it does make gta for instance beautiful. So I take it back about HDR, it helps games a lot, they just have to figure out a way to make it respond quicker maybe.

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Which 55 in. did you get? Mine is the Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA .

I had a site that reviewed the lag times with HDR enabled, but can't find it again.

I do remember that my model had relatively low lag times compared to others, but still just too damn slow for online play.

GTA is beautiful with it enabled!..........and with this tv.

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I have the same as yours, except yours is a series 8 and mine is a 7, mine is a KS7000. Yeah I noticed a big improvement in gta on the ps pro... Guess rendering the game at 4k and downscaling do 1080p does wonders :D

like when I left my office building I saw fog close to the floor. I've seen in before but not at that level of detail... I was like wow, literally :D

www.ishare4free.com

8 hours ago, grjkie said:

I have the same as yours, except yours is a series 8 and mine is a 7, mine is a KS7000. Yeah I noticed a big improvement in gta on the ps pro... Guess rendering the game at 4k and downscaling do 1080p does wonders :D

like when I left my office building I saw fog close to the floor. I've seen in before but not at that level of detail... I was like wow, literally :D

A great deal of the improvement came from just the tv. I was surprised at how much better the game looked with the addition of the tv. The up scaling ability of the new processor is quite amazing on all types of input.

I love the Smart Hub. It makes for a more simple and cleaner install. I also have the Samsung - 3.1-Channel Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer (Model: HW-K650/ZA} and the Samsung - UBD-K8500 4K Ultra HD Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-ray Player.

The soundbar integrates perfectly with the tv and other components. The ease of integration with everything and connect ability to my laptop or phone to play music wirelessly is fabulous!

The picture quality of a 4K HDR Blu-ray movie is quite stunning.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Well, I bit the bullet on Sunday and got a Pro. I transferred everything over and made it my primary console. After a bit of tweaking on the Samsung settings and a few updates to old games, I feel I made a good move.

Just the patch for The Last of Us Remastered made a VAST difference to an already outstanding game. The smoothness is markedly improved and the clarity with HDR is quite amazing! And this was real HDR, not the Samsung HDR+ or simulated HDR.

This is quite a step above the past PS4 and I think is will only get better!

• Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 3:48 AM, zztop911 said:

Which 55 in. did you get? Mine is the Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA .

I bought this same TV and a Pro, games are indeed beautiful on it. Even GTA looks better.

As for Lag, this TV has some of the lowest of any out there and was the best out of the top three recommendations at rtings. http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

My only complaint with the PS4 Pro is the decision to NOT use a 4K Blu Ray player. So I fixed that by buying an Xbox One S, good marketing move Sony. Movies look really good in 4K and I am having fun with Forza.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Does GTA V load up faster on the Pro?

I think all games load faster from the hard drive, not from discs though, noticed no changes there.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same as DC for me. DL games are slightly quicker but discs are no different.

In TLoU, the transitions between game play and cut scenes are nearly instant. My regular PS had a noticeable stutter.