• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• zztop911

• Smurf

• grjkie

• 2 weeks later...

A better gpu means better perfomance right? Do you think there will be a big difference between the current and that new ps4.5? In terms of graphics or frame rate?

On ‎31‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, PapOiteE said:

A better gpu means better perfomance right? Do you think there will be a big difference between the current and that new ps4.5? In terms of graphics or frame rate?

Right now on the PS4 we are getting just under 2K resolution so by speculation the PS4.5 will give over double that amount, and as far as frame per seconds go, I know 4K is 2160P and can presently go up to 1000 fps if the hardware can in the console can push it, which in my opinion would be unplayable if they were to bumped it up to 1000 fps like on some still camera's out there. Also you would have to get a 4K TV/ Monitor to reap the visual rewards as on average a regular TV or Monitor would roughly push around 60hz and 1080p, plus factor in any HDCP compatibility problems between console and monitor and input lag of the monitor if you did not care to make sure the one you purchase has low input lag . Them 4k monitors will put a hurting on the pocket, and chances are they will raise the price of the compatible games. I am figuring they might go for the new AMD 16 core Zen APU or Polaris, and use High Bandwidth Memory .

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Are you guys gonna get the PS4.5 if it becomes available?

Would players using both consoles be able to play together?

I don't have any 4K TV's or monitors, even if I did buy a 4K screen it would be for general lounge use instead of music and gaming.

Only recently got a triple screen setup of 0.1 ms input lag monitors, no way I could afford to replace them with 4K now, so PS4.5 is currently doubtful for me.

Edited by DavidCore89

I want a 4k TV anyways so I will most likely get a new ps4 if they upgrade it.

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Fortunately I did buy a 4k TV together with my PS4. Got a good deal on that one. Never saw it working on that resolution though, I don't think my cable company provides one single channel on 4k.

4 hours ago, Arruda said:

Fortunately I did buy a 4k TV together with my PS4. Got a good deal on that one. Never saw it working on that resolution though, I don't think my cable company provides one single channel on 4k.

Same here.

I think my provider has only 1 4K channel.

Here are the specs of the 4.5 Neo, not officially released by Sony yet, so take it with a pinch of salt:

Original PS4 CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz

NEO CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz

Original PS4 GPU - AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz

NEO GPU - Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz

Original PS4 Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s

NEO Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Older games will run in a special NEO mode that will offer higher visual fidelity and a more stable frame rate.

Edited by DavidCore89

I hope that when the official specs comes out, it will have some type of mirror casting, better audio codec, Flac support, chat clarity, save music to hard drive, NFC capable, way faster download throttling and bluetooth 4.2, I highly doubt the bluetooth profile they choose would make it easy for third party headsets to connect and work.

I'm likely to get a 4.5 at some point after release. All our kids are still on PS3's and asking all the time about PS4's, rather than buy 3 more PS4's Rose and I when cash allows can get us the 4.5's and give our 4's to the kids. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Well, I can't ignore the specs, but I'll wait for official news.

I think I'll go for the upgrade and trade in one of my 1TB consoles, that way I'll still have both black PS4 models and the 4.5.

On 4/20/2016 at 3:57 AM, DavidCore89 said:

Here are the specs of the 4.5 Neo, not officially released by Sony yet, so take it with a pinch of salt:

NEO CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
NEO GPU - Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
NEO Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Older games will run in a special NEO mode that will offer higher visual fidelity and a m
ore stable frame rate.

I was watching PC Perspective Podcast (tech experts), and basically what they were hypothetically saying based off just these unofficial specs, is that it would not be able to run 4K unless Sony was just going to at best upscale to 4K, as It would have difficulty handling the necessary shader. Hopefully when E3 rolls around, by then all notions will be dispelled.

Edited by Smurf

8 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I was watching PC Perspective Podcast (tech experts), and basically what they were hypothetically saying based off just these unofficial specs, is that it would not be able to run 4K unless Sony was just going to at best upscale to 4K, as It would have difficulty handling the necessary shader. Hopefully when E3 rolls around, by then all notions will be dispelled.

Perhaps these specs are not quite at the standard of what Sony will actually release?.. Who knows!

I'll get one. Don't care about 4K but the performance upgrades, slower loading etc will be great. I want even better looking PSVR games basically :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I have a new Samsung SUHD TV with HDR, I'm going to upgrade and put the current PS4 in the bedroom.

ONE MONTH AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

34 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Since I have a new Samsung SUHD TV with HDR, I'm going to upgrade and put the current PS4 in the bedroom.

ONE MONTH AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry ZZ, its 2 months away, November 10. PSVR is 1 month away :)

3 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Sorry ZZ, its 2 months away, November 10. PSVR is 1 month away :)

I thought it wuz Oct! Dammit!:evilsmiley:

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got one and I'll give you guys a day one fresh personal review, so I recently got a 55 suhd with HDR(luckily, didn't even know about it), when I brought the pro home earlier today after the process of data transfer I really wanted to try the VR, apparently it would be upgaded a lot with the pro's power. It sure did, the image is a lot clearer, small text can easily be read without having to approach it like on the ps4. Really the improvement surprised me in a very good way. 

So with VR out of the way and positively surprised with the results I wanted to give 4k gaming a go. I struggled a bit with the settings but it was mostly my fault, I believe there is still a compatibility issue or something of the sorts between the pro and some HDR TVs but that's just me and if so it can be updated with patches. So, as you guys know I stream most of my gameplay, I bought a capture card so I could stream in full HD and that was the main issue preventing the ps from displaying in 4k. The card captured in HD and sent it in HD to the TV, so idiot grjkie was at fault. Acknowledged my mistake, disconnected the fuckin ps from the PC and BOOM, 4k. So, now I have all set up I have to try an improved version of any 4k supported game and I fired up Deus EX: Mankind Divided. The image looks great, but I can't give any more thoughts for now, I haven't played the game that much on the older ps so I really can't say that much. We noticed clearer images on older games that we were used to though like Gautlet, Rocket League and GTA. 

As time goes by and more content comes out with this type of quality in its design that's when real comparisons between the systems can be accurate IMO, just thought I'd give you guys my personal first day opinion on the new console. It looks great, the whole setup gets cleaner with an extra use port if you have the VR set, it really upscales the VR set capabilities and the image looks beautiful on the 4k display.

Downside, my console still says "HDR not supported on your TV" when I try to change its resolution. At least 4k is there and I have a 4k console now, all I need are games... I've tried a whole bunch of different combinations between both devices but none worked. I honestly don't understand these new TV techs yet so I have no idea if HDR kicks in alone, but I can manually turn on one "HDR+" on my tv settings. To do that I had to leave my TV game mode, and we all know what that means right? After doing it and trying any game this shit lagged as fuck, something we gamers don't need, so, one final argument regarding HDR, if it isn't treatable with firmware or software updates keep it for movies and such, there it will make a big difference. For my personal gaming experiences, fuck HDR as it is now :D and again thank you for reading this crap :)

• Like 3

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

3 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

@grjkie would you say it's worth buying if i was gonna use it but with no vr? only £80 more than the equivalent 1tb slim, cheers 

Well if it was me I would pick the pro, even with no VR set or 4k TV you still get clearer images. Has to get even better from now on right?

www.ishare4free.com