Aussieisms

revbouncer

We Aussies can seem like a strange lot to outsiders. It's because we generally are very blunt and call things as we see em, usually with some colourful adjectives to enhance the expression of the comment.

We love our lingo and love it even more when migrants adopt our style of communication, showing us that they're really trying to be good Aussies.

Here's a thread for ALL things Australian, feel free to add your own Aussieisms or just comment on the posts. 

I'll get it started with some of the new politically correct terminology they'd like us to start using in the workplace... ( fat fucking chance mate, I say )

Edited by revbouncer
  • Like 14

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• revbouncer

• Xyon14

• zztop911

• Skorpion

At my last job, the managers actually sent that out as a memo. A serious memo.

Im not going to go much into how bad political correctness has gotten, but has anybody heard the new 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'? 'Baa Baa Raindow Sheep' because saying 'black' makes it racist. Completely overlooking that raindows represent the LGBT community. Seems like poorly thought out political correctness to me.

Edited by Skorpion

At my last job, the managers actually sent that out as a memo. A serious memo.

Im not going to go much into how bad political correctness has gotten, but has anybody heard the new 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'? 'Baa Baa Raindow Sheep' because saying 'black' makes it racist. Completely overlooking that raindows represent the LGBT community. Seems like poorly thought out political correctness to me.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

• Like 1

We Aussies can seem like a strange lot to outsiders. It's because we generally are very blunt and call things as we see em, usually with some colourful adjectives to enhance the expression of the comment.

We love our lingo and love it even more when migrants adopt our style of communication, showing us that they're really trying to be good Aussies.

Here's a thread for ALL things Australian, feel free to add your own Aussieisms or just comment on the posts.

I'll get it started with some of the new politically correct terminology they'd like us to start using in the workplace... ( fat fucking chance mate, I say )

Fuck man, you expect me to read all that? (I did good, right?) :D

• Like 1

Whats a Cane Toad? And does it kill you?

It does secrete a poison that some people lick to get a high. Unfortunately it is an introduced species that went wrong and the poison it secretes kills our native wildlife. They're now a pest in plague proportions.

• Like 1

Love the ice filled Ute. I wish GM would quit screwing around and start importing those. I love El Caminos.

Sorry to hear that PC has spread across the globe. It drives me insane.

I know that most Aussies shake their heads at how America portrays them. I love the country and the people and one day I will make a trip there. As I told Rev one day, if the mother in law insists on moving to Florida, I will be moving my family there. ;)

• Like 2

I knew there was a reason I liked you guys. 

On mic my language is fairly mild-mannered, probably cuz I'm still fairly new to the crew.  But IRL it's the exact opposite. 

Fuck political correctness!

I think I'd feel right at home in Australia.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Taronga Zoo are currently hiring Funnel Web cleaners. There is a high turn over of staff, so if you miss out this time, I'm sure it won't be long before your services are required!

Edited by revbouncer
  • Like 2

FFS as if the Sydney Funnel Web isn't bad enough. Check out the fucking size of the Northern Tree Dwelling Funnel Web found in QLD and nth NSW and look at those FANGS!

It can be up to twice as big as the Sydney Funnel Web, with much larger fangs, therefore it injects far more venom so is actually considered even more deadly that it's Sydney cousin!

Also the females are just as venomous as the males unlike the Sydney version where the males are 5 to 6 times more venemous.

Still wanna visit Australia Rose? :D

Edited by revbouncer

I just remembered this. I heard it told as a joke, but it is supposedly genuinely written by an Australian girl and handed to an air stewardess to pass on to the pilot of a plane

96vWVhz.png

• Like 5