GTA Hyperdrive

VANS Official

Hyper-1024x576.jpg

It is finally here...

On Wednesday 11th December at 20:00 GMT the Van Society will be holding their first GTA Hyperdrive event to find the Hyperdrive King of Lost Santos. Elite street racers from around the world test their limits in supercharged custom cars on the biggest, baddest automotive obstacle course ever built in GTA. Come along and stake your claim to the throne!

Each entrant will sign up with their car of choice to take on the behemoth of an obstacle course that has been created for this event.

Take on Target Turn, Light Box, Supernova, Walk on Water, Forced Perspective the Leveler and more!

See the Trailer from the Netflix series for a taste of what is to come!

This will be a crew only event and limited to 8 players, we can have more on the night but extra players will form the crowd and commentary team, they will not be competing. We will run this like a TV show, not a racing event. Be aware there will be a lot of hanging around watching other drivers, this is why it is limited to 8 players.

When signing up get creative, your driver should have an AKA, a nationality and a back story to (as short or long as you like). Also get a picture of your car posted too, feel free to name your car too. If you have any issues with this let me know and I will help you out.

Your car can be any Sports, Muscle, Super, Sports Classic or Compact that is in the 1:08 club or slower according to Broughy.

Any questions post them below...

Hosts and Commentary 

1. Chubbmacher

Drivers and Cars

1. SkyeDave driving Larry the Lada
  2. CatManDoza driving Mr Bean’s Mini
  3. Trash ‘the Badger’ Bags driving a Retinue
  4.  Mr P aka the Highlander driving a Vulcar Nebula Turbo
  5.  Mulder - Classified
  6. Michelle Verstappen driving Sundance, a Gauntlet Hellfire
  7. Hurst (aka the Casco Kid) - Casco
  • Like 1

If you want to get involved & join our events make a post in our public recruitment thread

VansTag.png

Name: Chubbmacher

Nationality: English

Role: Host & presenter

Car: Karin Futo - the Bubblegum b*tch

Chubbmacher rose to fame in the late 70’s as one of the worlds first celebrity hairdressers. He soon became bored of the celebrity lifestyle though, luckily his involvement in Cossack hair products saw him slowly become involved in motorsport.

By the late 80’s he was a regular on the racing scene of Europe dominating in rallying, touring cars and finally F1. It was in F1 where he picked up his infamous nickname of Chubbmacher for pulling in for pit stops to eat rather than refuel but still going on to win the race.

After a horrific accident in the early 90’s Chubb had to embark on yet another career change, he swiftly moved into TV presenting, using his charisma and amazing ability to pretend he knows what he is talking about to yet again become a household name. 

However it was a chance meeting in a Belgian brothel with Charlize Theron lead to the conception of a child and also the conception of HyperDrive. This amazing life story has bought him here today as the co-producer and presenter of GTA HyperDrive: The King of Los Santos.

• Like 4

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Name: SkyeDave

Nationality: Scottish

Role: Also Ran

Car: Larry the Lada

Biog will follow in the next 48 hours once the pending court case with my ghostwriter is settled.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Name: SkyeDave

Nationality: Scottish

Role: Also Ran

Car: Larry the Lada

Biog will follow in the next 48 hours once the pending court case with my ghostwriter is settled.

On behalf of the production team we would like to officially accept you as an entrant to GTA HyperDrive.

Name: Catmandoza

Nationality: A fine mix of black country and mexican

Role: Mexican in a top hat/contestant/guest commentator 

Car: Weeni Issi Classic (Mr Bean Edition) 

Associated bumf: born in the late 1980s to a stray cat living in the subway behind the molineux and a Mexican immigrant promised a better life in Wolverhampton, CatManDoza was behind in life straight away. 

Born with the body of a human, the head of a cat and with an inexplicably large top hat already attatched, he spent his early years eating out of bins and befriending Józef Stawinoga, the Wolverhampton ring road tr*mp. 

After years of bullying and being called a brummie, he decided he needed to better himself, and launched the inaugural low hill le mans series. It was from there he raced in such presitage series' as the grand prix of Gloucester, the bathurst of birmingham and the Stourbridge ring road 500.

And now owing to his driving prowess and some questionable pictures of @JuniorChubb engaging in some interesting acts with a fortnite llama, he finds himself ready to take on the ultimate driving challenge! 

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

10 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Name: Catmandoza

Nationality: A fine mix of black country and mexican

Role: Mexican in a top hat 

Car: Weeni Issi Classic (Mr Bean Edition) 

Associated bumf: will follow at lunch time or this evening

On behalf of the production team we would like to officially accept you as an entrant to GTA HyperDrive.

21 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Associated bumf: born in the late 1980s to a stray cat living in the subway behind the molineux and a Mexican immigrant promised a better life in Wolverhampton, CatManDoza was behind in life straight away. 

I haven’t even got past this part yet and I’m crying already 😂😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I haven’t even got past this part yet and I’m crying already 😂😂

I feel a promo video coming on! 

• Haha 1

spacer.pngName: Trash (the Badger) Bags

Nationality : English immigrant in Malta

Role: Barrier Tester 

Car: Retinue

In 1980, a sometimes cracked Tank crewman  was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Santos Lake Vinewood District. Today, still wanted by the government he survives as soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, you can find him Wed at a Van Society crew night quite in the corner maybe you can hire The Badger.

Edited by Trashbags
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Trashbags said:

Name: Trash (the Badger) Bags

In 1980, a sometimes cracked Tank crewman  was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Santos Lake Vinewood District. Today, still wanted by the government he survives as soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, you can find him Wed at a Van Society crew night quite in the corner maybe you can hire The Badger.

All for the low low price of one bottle of baileys

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Classic!

Name: Mr. P. aka The Highlander

Nationality: Unknown

Role: Smoker/Stuntman

Car: Vulcar Nebula Turbo

This world citizen seems to be widely known but for some odd reason he can't remember anything of it himself. It has been told he's been all around the globe and has done some unbelievable things but the man himself isn't aware of any of it. He knows his name starts with a P but nothing further and as everyone calls him Highlander he's fine with both.

It may be hard learning to know the man, the advantage on the other hand is crystal from the first minute, this man never doubts and does not know fear.

With his old car he's been seen for decades. No proof of ownership is known. The only thing that is certain is that the car has been internationally documented in various controversial situations but it always disappeared after and that it somehow still runs today. Of course no point asking the man himself. 

When you see him light his holy smoke, he's ready for everything. And as long as his tasks require adrenaline rushed brainless action you are all in for a treat!

Crazy things will happen but it will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must say, this is exciting me, the difference of csrs picked is class and the thought put into the back stories is class. This could be an awesome series

• Like 2

Mr P. AKA the Highlander...

epic howie mandel GIF by America's Got Talent

49 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I must say, this is exciting me, the difference of csrs picked is class and the thought put into the back stories is class. This could be an awesome series

Let’s see how it goes.... any ideas for extending it beyond the two rounds I have will help.

We could just use our characters for something else, it has also hit me (thanks to the Highlander) that we can do a similar thing for Deathtrap Dungeon. 👍

Also @Trashbags ‘barrier tester’ 😂😂

• Haha 1

Mulder is in. He’s sent me his bio too but I’m out and about and can’t Re type it on my phone. Take this as his intention to take part though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trashbags said:

On behalf of the production team we would like to officially accept you as an entrant to GTA HyperDrive.

59 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Name: Mr. P. aka The Highlander

Nationality: Unknown

Role: Smoker/Stuntman

Car: Vulcar Nebula Turbo

This world citizen seems to be widely known but for some odd reason he can't remember anything of it himself. It has been told he's been all around the globe and has done some unbelievable things but the man himself isn't aware of any of it. He knows his name starts with a P but nothing further and as everyone calls him Highlander he's fine with both.

It may be hard learning to know the man, the advantage on the other hand is crystal from the first minute, this man never doubts and does not know fear.

With his old car he's been seen for decades. No proof of ownership is known. The only thing that is certain is that the car has been internationally documented in various controversial situations but it always disappeared after and that it somehow still runs today. Of course no point asking the man himself. 

When you see him light his holy smoke, he's ready for everything. And as long as his tasks require adrenaline rushed brainless action you are all in for a treat!

Crazy things will happen but it will be fine.

1 minute ago, SkyeDave said:

Mulder is in. He’s sent me his bio too but I’m out and about and can’t Re type it on my phone. Take this as his intention to take part though.

On behalf of the production team we would like to officially accept Mulder as an entrant to GTA HyperDrive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

How was your lunchtime read @JuniorChubb? Did it meet with your first paragraph expectstions

It just got better... for some reason ‘inexplicably’ had me crying too. I was wiping my eyes, then it all came back to me and I was just sat there laughing.

Then I googled the tr*mp, then I changed my signature 😉

• Like 1

Name: Michelle Verstappen

Nationality: Dutch/United States

Role: Location Scout (I.E. Tourist) & parts manager at Stardust Auto

Car: Sundance, a Gauntlet Hellfire

Born in the Netherlands to a Dutch Father and Finnish Mother, these motorheads knew the Netherlands was not the right place for their enthusiasm of the American Muscle Car and the open road. At age 9 the family moved to the USA to pursue their dream of American Muscle. And oh boy do they have a collection now! Over 800 cars! Wrecked ones that is as their car collection is a Junkyard about an hour North of Bakersfield California.

This Verstappen might nog be related to a certain known F1 driver, but don't let that fool you! Since her parents took over the reigns of Stardust Auto she's been tearing up the grounds ever since with about only one crash a day! Only one crash a day you ask? What did you expect when you try to drive on two wheels or jump the pond most of the time? Beside the dirt escapades, time is used on the yard to learn a lot about the cars there. You need a mechanical fuel pump for a Bravado 438? She'll know exactly where to find it. Now with the power of the internet she's used this experience to piece together a wrecked Gauntlet Hellfire! With so much random car escapades and car knowledge it was inevitable that when this Hyperdrive thing was announced she had to enter.

Meet the yellow Hellfire, Sundance:Sundance_E.jpg

• Like 3

Name: Mulder

Nationality: American (emigrated to Scotland)

Role: Investigator

Car: FIB Pool Car (TBD)

After a lifetime of adventure involving strange occurrences, stranger creatures, smoking men, aliens, government conspiracies, and most challenging of all, red heads, Mulder decided to move to Scotland and try to enjoy the quiet life. But word reached him telling of a strange new creature sighting: A human/cat/top hat hybrid. He had to find the truth(which is out there) so he decided to infiltrate the Hyperdrive to get answers.  Once the FIB found out of his intentions (when he tried to sign out one of their pool cars for an 'undisclosed motorsport event') they checked the list of competitors and found many were 'persons of interest'.  Mr P AKA The Highlander is believed to be directly related to the original 'Smoking Man'.  Trash 'The Badger' Bags is still wanted for those war crimes he allegedly didn't commit.  The Verstappen family are suspected of tax evasion (ploughing money into a classic car collection to avoid paying inheritance tax) and as for Skye Dave.... well, SkyeDave isn't actually on the list but he owes his brother money because he said he'd go halves on mums birthday present but then didn't pay up.  So that's just more of a bonus than anything.

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Haha 3