So I was watching the news this afternoon and seen a segment on Sony's 2016 release of the Playstation VR.

According to Sony, there are over 200 developers working on Virtual Reality titles to be released in 2016. Titles include Gran Turismo, Star Wars: Battlefront, and obviously many more great titles.

Theres also a game being released based on a movie (I dont know the name) about a tight-rope walker. Scenes of everyday people trying this game show them screaming when they fall until somebody grabs them so they can feel REALITY.

This looks like a huge step in the right direction for gaming, and in my personal opinion, looks f***ing amazing.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LimeGreenLegend

• Con

• JustHatched

• grjkie

Already have £400 saved for this bad boy, plug me into the matrix, strap on a colostomy bag and leave me alone until I wither away to nothing :D

• Like 9

I saw something about the PlayStation VR a month or two ago, I'm interested but not if it costs the same as a new PlayStation :P

If it cost the same as a new Playstation, Ill get it as soon as I have the money. I expect them to start around $800ish if its complete stand-alone unit. $300 if it a PS4 'accessory'.

I know PS4 is still fairly young, so I doubt it will be stand-alone, but it could also be the next step in their portable range as well (which obviously link to PS4 as well as being stand-alone).

Already have £400 saved for this bad boy, plug me into the matrix, strap on a colostomy bag and leave me alone until I wither away to nothing :D

Im sure a P.E.G feed can be arranged so you dont wither away lol. Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 4

I expect it to cost around £350 in the UK.

I doubt I'll get it upon release as there aren't any VR compatible games that I want until Project CARS 2, I'd probably only buy it for racing.

Theres also a game being released based on a movie (I dont know the name) about a tight-rope walker. Scenes of everyday people trying this game show them screaming when they fall until somebody grabs them so they can feel REALITY.

No thanks.  I'm out.

:lol:

I wouldn't get it upon release, I have read some things on this, Oculus Rift and couple others that just early VR will have stunning graphics they won't have the range of in game movement many are thinking.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Still, I am very excited about this and I will most likely pre-order it :D

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

• 4 months later...

PSVR will be out in October, I think I will preorder on. Fuck it, I wasn't going to get one but Ace Combat 7 will be supporting PSVR and I think I can kick virtual ass sitting in the cockpit. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 1 month later...

Was reading in Game Informer that the PSVR has the vest feeling headset when compared to Rift and Vive but has much slower control input speed. The writer figures it may be the limitations of the PS4 vs a PC and could be the reason for the rumored PS4.5

Also says there will be 50 games at launch for PSVR.

• 1 month later...

Cancelled my pre-order and got my £100 deposit back after pCARS 1 made a U-turn and said they won't support PSVR until the sequel.

Along with Take Two boss claiming that PSVR will fail - I have my doubts whether this gen of console is good enough to provide a true VR experience.

Edited by DavidCore89

Just another gimmick that will be milked to death and die suddenly. Just look at how fast Wii/kinect/move went into the toilet. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the T2 boss was talking about, the PSVR has been previewing using existing PS4 units and getting amazing write ups.

Maybe he's talking about AAA ultra realistic graphics etc not being able to run, which was never promised in the first place.

I still have a massive bone on for this and will be plugged in, day one.

As for the gimmick thing, the move controllers/Kinect were peripherals, PlayStation has been pushing this as a new platform, treating it as a console launch and it seems like they have loads of developer support for the near and distant future.  

I only wanted it for games that I can play while sat down, mainly racing.

I don't have a room clear enough to dedicate to VR gaming while stood up unless I move my racing gear.

I'll wait and see what games are supporting it after launch.

I'm with you Lime, maybe not from day one because I'm still hoping to be able to beta test one before it is released, if I can't I will definitely buy one maybe on day 2 :D

as I will upgrade my ps when the newer one comes out, I hope Sony will allow us to exchange our older ps and a couple of bucks for the new one

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I will have PSVR on day 1, I do not think this is a fad, I do think VR is the future of gaming, to many companies got their fingers in the pie for it to just fizzle out. I do also think these first versions of VR will only be good for a few years because once they hit mass market and Sony, Vive, Oculus, etc.. actually see what people want out of them and new tech will mean newer options we will see better VR fairly soon. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone tested these at Best Buy in the States? They've been getting unanimous praise on everything I've seen. Cannot wait until October!

• 1 month later...

I don't think it will be as popular as they hope. Personally having a device like thay on my head seems like too much of an inconvenience. I think it will go the same way as the motion controll projects, wii, kinect, and playstaion move.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Alright, a couple of weeks have gone by since I've had my VR headset and I'm gonna give my review on it before I plug it on the ps4 pro. 

PSVR, a bet some stores in my country didn't went for and surely regretted it, the first store I went to release morning they didn't have it. Went to a specialized electronics store and of course they had it, not huge lines or anything but there were a couple other buyers there with me. It fuckin sold out here and it did most places I guess... 

Now, it really is hard to explain to you guys what it "feels" like, we know it's a fuckin game but the sense of immersion is something new, and let me tell you that any of you would be like mesmerized by it, it's a new tech and it is beautiful really. Not all is bright and good I'll get to it later...

I love videogames, this tech is great and as most of you believe I do believe as well that augmented and all that is the future, VR I'm not so sure about, if they release content it'll be worth it believe me, we have a blast playing regular 2d games imagine gta in VR for example. 

But as I said, all's not beautiful and pink...

Developers have an issue to address in my opinion. See, I am the type of guy that enjoys rush, adrenaline, amusement park craziest rides and all that. That said, all VR experiences I've had so far had been cool, no movement issues, some cool family friendly, some moving but no issues at all. A new experience came out a couple of days ago by Ubisoft, for those that have the VR set and Trackmania you can experience a couple of VR specific made tracks.

For those that are unaware, Trackmania is a racing stunt game, with lots of loops, wallrides, and lots of crazy shit. I enjoy it :D

The Trackmania VR experience was the first that really made my brain confused. Driving fast and suddenly climbing a wall does that to you I guess. I played like 10 tracks with no issues but that's me, I could play the whole fuckin thing in VR I guess. But give that shit to my wife and she will most likely throw up after the first minute or so, she gets sick looking down on her phone while I'm driving... I just don't give a fuck, I don't get sick like that so, final verdict...

PSVR, a great experience, a new tech with some issues that can and will be solved I believe. Maybe the answer goes by doing specific experiences, the crazier you think you would feel in real life the crazier it will feel on VR. Augmented is not quite the same. Augmented will be a smartphone-like revolution. VR is not that but it is the future of gaming :)

thanks for being courageous enough to read all this crap :P 

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Another question for you about this system.

If you're playing a VR Game do you also need your PS4 to be active on the TV screen too? This way if you're happy gaming away and your mrs wants to watch something on the TV can you carry on playing while the screen is on a different task?

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Another question for you about this system.

If you're playing a VR Game do you also need your PS4 to be active on the TV screen too? This way if you're happy gaming away and your mrs wants to watch something on the TV can you carry on playing while the screen is on a different task?

Nope, I've stopped playing VR a few times only to discover my tv had turned itself off and I was sitting in pitch black darkness :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...