Pirates of the North

Lann

A LTS with Marksman rifles. Set sail and pick a good captain for a steady aim.

Four teams

Marksman rifles (forced and pickups)

Morning and rain (there are some good waves up there)

10 minutes

1 round

Should work best with at least 8 players.

RSC Link

9LgTSUl.png

eR2rvzC.jpg

Edited by Lann3

We played this in the Trial and Error PL.

Somehow the forced weapon was set to pistols, but we agreed on only using the Marksman rifle.

I have now changed it to forced to Marksman rifle.

With a slight risk of being an ass i must say I enjoyed this job as something a bit different. The high waves, the bad weather, the slow moving ships, the need to stop and pick up ammo and the unability to lock onto the other pirates worked very well IMO. 

this was fun to play, Grjkie and me spawned in the water though,. not sure if we were suppose to? It was cool and different and very enjoyable :-)

this was fun to play, Grjkie and me spawned in the water though,. not sure if we were suppose to? It was cool and different and very enjoyable :-)

Spawn depends on the waves, but there will always be a ship near.

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool and unique job. I think it would be better to play it for more than 1 round though but it could potentially go for 5 rounds meaning it would take 50 mins! I wish you could select best of x rounds instead of first to win x rounds.. oh well, maybe one day!

Possible ways around it is to lower the time limit to 6-7 mins. We all managed to kill each other in well under that so I don't think it would be a problem. You could also make it for 3 teams (set a minimum of 6 players) which would be just as good as four teams.

Some spawn points were a little awkward and it was hard to get more ammo (not that I needed it) and Snacks pointed out that the ships were on the rocks and hard to get out because of the direction they were facing, but that might have been caused by the waves washing them ashore, in which case there isn't anything you can do. 

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I really enjoyed this job. The waves made this all the better for me. It really had a pirate feel to me, and I never even got on a boat.

I have to respectfully disagree with Scotty on two points.

Firstly, a personal preference. Having 4 teams meant I was looking in 3 directions for targets, which meant there were more opportunities for someone to get around while Im looking somewhere else, and also encourages movement to get a shot on more locations.

Secondly, and probably best discussed in a new thread, a 'best of x rounds' could go for just as long depending on how the rounds play out. (Eg: win 2 rounds could take 5 rounds for a winner. Best of 3 could also take 5 rounds for a winner.)

I do agree that the length of the rounds could be dropped to allow more rounds without the job lasting too long.

Ive bookmarked this and will definitely be hosting it at FDU in the near future.

• Like 2

This was a lot of fun and like Skorpion said gives that pirate feel but I was disappointed that the sail boats are not really used.

Maybe that can be changed somehow..