King of the Hill

lIIlCompleXlIIl

Fell into a randoms LTS yesterday. It was pretty fun, but I think I have upgraded it. Use your Shafter to push the other teams cars off the bridge sides! Holds 16 players. The one I did yesterday was only 5v5 and it seemed like the area was pretty small, so that was the first upgrade i did.... BIGGER AREA FOR BUMPER CARS! Let me know what ya think!

KING OF THE HILL by lIIlCompleXlIIl

The only similar job I know is the one on top of the maze bank with zentornos, We tried this on my PL tonight and it was fun. (I am not a creator myself and I liked the idea about it) 15m per round I think it's too much, we ended up trying to fist fight each other on the 3rd one, I only saw one car being pushed over on all rounds, I think people just made mistakes and fell down the bridge alone most of the time. A good idea for a job but it got kind of slow paced eventually.

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

The only similar job I know is the one on top of the maze bank with zentornos, We tried this on my PL tonight and it was fun. (I am not a creator myself and I liked the idea about it) 15m per round I think it's too much, we ended up trying to fist fight each other on the 3rd one, I only saw one car being pushed over on all rounds, I think people just made mistakes and fell down the bridge alone most of the time. A good idea for a job but it got kind of slow paced eventually.

Yes - I was suppose to have this topic moved to the testing tab. I thought I had finished it, but I forgot to change the cars to panto's (the bounce better, and fly up when cornered) and add explosives down at the bottom. Thanks for reminding me...

Can I get this topic moved to creations - testing please? Thanks!

I also wanted to suggest to change the car but since I don't create anything I thought it would sound rude to do it, I was thinking about a faster car but the panto is probably a good idea as well, well done complex, as I said the idea is good and it is a job with potential to be fun to play for me. Thank you for listening to my feedback

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I think a more unstable car could be better. Something like the Mesa or Landstalker. Being top heavy means more chance of being thrown over the edge. 

Definitely reduce the round time. For any job with multiple rounds you have to consider the length of time a job could take. A best of 3 round match each with 15 minute rounds has the potential of being 45 minutes long. Not really acceptable for any playlist.

If it is going to be a best of 3, we generally have 7 minutes as a maximum, some events like an LTS where they can be over quickly you can make them a best of 5 or even 7 but make sure you reduce the lap time accordingly. 

There's no actual specific rule over how long to run a job for a playlist but we do have an unofficial standard that we generally run to. 

Races tend to be around 5 minutes

Standard deathmatches around 10 minutes

Melee deathmatches around 5 minutes

Captures and LTS depend on if they are multiple round events. 10 mins for a single round and a reduced time if it's multiple rounds. If a capture or LTS is designed as an unbalanced game such as having an attacking and a defending team then you should allow for multiple rounds to give both teams a chance at both roles.

This is not just aimed at you Complex but all creators, old and new to the crew. :D

• Like 1

I actually think the panto may be a good idea though, it is unstable and quick enough to allow mistakes to be made, wouldn't know unless we tried it though...

www.ishare4free.com

I've got a Panto vs Panto LTS at the top of Maze Bank. That turned into a melee event as the cars cancelled each other out and was hard to push them off.

I didn't know that, and that was what happened yesterday, the schafter had the same effect

www.ishare4free.com

With pantos it was fun, the cars are bouncy, and when smashed into whilst in a corner, they fly! 15 minute round times, it wasnt spose to be that high at all. Thats so odd. 

I'd like to try a circular version of this, large circle or oval with a hole in the centre. Then you can fall off the sides and the middle and have the ability to gain some speed around the outside... maybe could even have some jump points to cross the middle.... hmmm. Nice food for thought that job Complex :-)

• Like 1

I'd like to try a circular version of this, large circle or oval with a hole in the centre. Then you can fall off the sides and the middle and have the ability to gain some speed around the outside... maybe could even have some jump points to cross the middle.... hmmm. Nice food for thought that job Complex :-)

Now that props can be edited I believe it can be done bump, some kind of high up platform... Great idea :)

www.ishare4free.com

Now that props can be edited I believe it can be done bump, some kind of high up platform... Great idea :)

Yeah I hadn't thought of that. I remember a motorcycle ring with crossovers in the air, that was GTA... hmm, defo gonna have to look into this lol. bumps, you making it?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rounds are still set to 15 minutes, its still too easy to get back to the top of the bridge after falling off. This issues need addressing before it is played again.

• Like 1