Quotes & Sayings

JustHatched

Some of my favourite quotes come from Spike Milligan (that's him in my profile pic). I just like them because they are funny but contain an element of truth.

"Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery."

"I'm a hero with coward's legs."

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• Dodge

• Jaggy

• Casey

A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Pretty easy to figure out.  Tigers fend for themselves, sheep travel in flocks and do what others do.

A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Pretty easy to figure out.  Tigers fend for themselves, sheep travel in flocks and do what others do.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 3 weeks later...

If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it. Albert Einstein

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not. Neil Degrasse Tyson

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

LV_Jag: "It just isn't big enough."

Dodgeservice: "It never is..."

:lol:

There was a lot more than that said last night... :lol:

I forgot to save my spreadsheet though.  ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This one is rather annoying and I have come across it a lot lately, so I figured I would annoy you guys with it :P

"The grass is greener where you water it"

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”

Douglas Adams - Made me google ineffable & laugh my ass off as well.  :D

“The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others-the living-are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later. But the edge is still Out there.”

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson - Lived life by his own set of rules & truly one who did not give a fuck about what others thought of him - While I may not condone all of his choices & lifestyle decisions; I wish I had his ' no fucks given' attitude.  :lol:  

I really wish I didn't have to end this post on a down note but my least favourite saying would have come from my P.E. teacher in high school " Don't say sorry, the damage is already done."  - What a dick. 

Garbology101.png

Perhaps one of my favourite quotes, a long read but worth it. 

“Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It's there for your convenience, not the callers. Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is. Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river. Don't forget, a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. Don't major in minor things. Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. Don't spread yourself too thin. Learn to say no politely and quickly. Don't use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Don't waste time grieving over past mistakes Learn from them and move on. Every person needs to have their moment in the sun, when they raise their arms in victory, knowing that on this day, at his hour, they were at their very best. Get your priorities straight. No one ever said on his death bed, 'Gee, if I'd only spent more time at the office'. Give people a second chance, but not a third. Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health and love. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly. Leave everything a little better than you found it. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems. Never cut what can be untied. Never overestimate your power to change others. Never underestimate your power to change yourself. Remember that overnight success usually takes about fifteen years. Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in harbor is safe, but in time its bottom will rot out. Spend less time worrying who's right, more time deciding what's right. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get. The importance of winning is not what we get from it, but what we become because of it. When facing a difficult task, act as though it's impossible to fail." - Jackson Brown Jr. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's all in my drawing: http://i.imgur.com/bE6XFFN.jpg

Didn't know that robots enjoyed stuff like these, and I'm the one who created all of it.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

• 1 month later...

“A world without women would be a pain in the ass”

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

This is in Smurf's Sig. Its from GTA V. It cracks me up...

"You keep praying to your white god, homie - I'mma go where the buffalo roam and all the squwa bitches want me to nut on they face like err day."  - Lamar Davis

Dodgeservice.png

• 1 month later...

Laundry Math:1 Washer + 1 Dryer + 2 Socks = 1 Sock by Bryon Ortiz

The difference between Stupidity and Genius is that Genius has its limits by Mark Stevens