Earth, Wind and FIRE! - Vehicle DM

no_snacks

Earth, Wind and FIRE!  TDM

A capture that plays out like a vehicle TDM.

Players start with the Rhino tank, and will re-spawn in a fresh one.

This is my first capture, and it's actually designed to fail.  :lol:

Unless you cheat, the capture object is impossible to collect, so don't even bother with it.

Just shoot the shit outta the other team.

The winning team will be decided by the final kill count.

Although, unlike a standard DM, the kill count is not displayed until the timer runs out, so you wont know who's winning until the end.

Each player starts with a Rhino tank and some RPG's.  There are grenade launchers and more RPG's scattered about the map.

The weapon pick-ups are located at the base of most windmills, so you wont need to go searching the countryside for them.

Several HVY Insurgents are also available in case you need to ditch your burning tank and make a run back to base for a fresh one.

doigby9.png

RSC Link.  http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/PcLDwuAR7EKQmz5RVnr1Wg

Settings are set to 

• Noon - Clear
  • 10 minutes (this cannot be changed by the host)
  • Forced weapons
  • 2 teams
  • Traffic & wanted levels off

As this is an experimental capture/DM, any feedback (good or bad) is welcome and encouraged.  

This job has been tested with other crew members, and everything seems to work fine, but If you notice something that doesn't work or is unbalanced, please let me know in this thread or with a PM.  Thank you.

Edited by no_snacks

The only thing I noticed was a bit of spawn trapping, you said after the game that you had the respawn circles as large as they would go but how would it play out if you removed the circles? In theory it should respawn you in a safe place near to where you died. There's no bases to defend or attack this way.

Snacks, How did you actually test this? You explained the route needed, did you actually have to drive all the way up to the Altruists camp and to the base again and then reduce the time on the capture?

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 1

Lmao.  It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to test.

There's a helicopter on a roof at the LS University campus with a jump/ramp to get to it.  I've put 2 tyre stacks at the base of the ramp, so only a motorbike can make the jump.

So you have to take your Rhino tank to an Insurgent, then drive to the Altruist camp to get a Sanchez, then ride to the University to make the jump to get the helicopter. 

Then you have to fly back to the windfarm and land on a container that's floating 200 feet in the air to get the capture, then fly or parachute back to base.  Then the test is complete.  Simple.   :D

I set the time limit to 30 minutes before the test.  Once completed, the time can be reduced without needing to retest it again...thank God.

During an initial test, the spawn bubbles seemed to work well.  It always placed you randomly on a road somewhere in the bubble.

During the playlist the other day, it seemed to place you in roughly the same spot each time, even though the bubble had a 100m radius with other sections of road within it.  

Sometimes it would spawn 2 of us in the same spot at the same time.  Don't know why it did that.  

I didn't want to use the "spawn where you died" option because it might just turn into a big central mess, plus it wouldn't be fair to instantly kill the person that just killed you, or to get spawn killed over & over again.

I'll try to relocate the spawn bubbles.  Maybe that'll randomise the re-spawns a bit better.  If not, then I'll test it without the bubbles to see how good or bad it works.

Hopefully moving the bubbles shouldn't make you have to retest it all again from the beginning. I'm going to be trying something different in the TDM-Capture I'm making for Hatch's event.