Box Sets

PompeyRick78

Me and the wife rarely watch TV, mostly just box sets that I get.

Need some suggestions for a new one soon as most of the ones we watch have finished for now, or finished for good.

We have already seen/are watching:

Walking Dead

Scandal

Prison Break

Lost

Banshee

Pretty Little Liars

Under The Dome

Dexter

Breaking Bad

Sons Of Anarchy

Game Of Thrones

Currently watching Wayward Pines, but have nearly finished what they've released so far.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PompeyRick78

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Jaggy

• PompeyRick78

• nicolabellamy77

i like hannibal and dexter

Dexter we've watched, 

I don't like the Hannibal films, so I doubt I'll like the tv show

I rarely watch TV, but Prison Break box set was pretty good (not so much after the actual prison break).

I really struggle to 'get into' US TV shows, I'm not sure what it is.

My fiancee watches a lot of box sets and TV series... I think Wentworth is what she's currently watching, not sure how much of that has been released though.

Dexter we've watched, 

I don't like the Hannibal films, so I doubt I'll like the tv show

i suppose it depends on which genres you like, horror , crime, everyone has different preferences

nicolabellamy77.png

HOLLA!  Your wife & I are now friends because I watch PLL religiously.  :P

Orphan Black is pretty good.  Not sure if that's on DVD yet.  I know the first season is on Amazon Prime.

I'm a Netflix person.  Not sure if you have it, but if you do, watch these shows:

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards

We just started watching House of Cards on Sunday and I'm totally addicted.

• Like 1

HOLLA!  Your wife & I are now friends because I watch PLL religiously.  :P

Orphan Black is pretty good.  Not sure if that's on DVD yet.  I know the first season is on Amazon Prime.

I'm a Netflix person.  Not sure if you have it, but if you do, watch these shows:

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards

We just started watching House of Cards on Sunday and I'm totally addicted.

PLL is my guilty pleasure,  we watched the first 5 seasons in 3 weeks on Netflix.

House of cards is something the wife is interested in, its a political thing right?

Edited by PompeyRick78

It's a political TV show, yes.  Not political as in pushing some sort of agenda.  It just shows the dirty side of American politics... or I guess all politics.  :P

i have a watch list of about 500 things lol i never manage to get around to watching stuff, i have netflix but dont use it enough, so im about 10 years behind everyone else lol

nicolabellamy77.png

Well, it's really hard to compare anything to Breaking Bad--that was the most incredible TV series I have ever seen in my life, but if you're looking for a change of pace, check out Arrested Development.  It's a comedy, only three seasons (unless you count the made for Netflix season that was made years later), but it's definitely one of my favorites and includes a nice mix of different types of humor.

If you would like to see some really over-the-top but perhaps even better comedy, check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  I have never laughed so hard at a show in my life, but it's quite twisted and perhaps not everyone will appreciate it.  I love it though!

If you are in the mood for something more serious, check out The Wire.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 4

I was a box set kind of guy but that all changed with streaming lol. Most of these shows are on Netflix/hulu.

Twin peaks is a great show for those wanting a suspense/mystery/drama. It's got strong characters that make the show great fun. It's only 2 seasons too.

If you guys like scifi , Dr who and Star Trek: the next generation are both great shows with great story development and plenty of episodes.

The new daredevil is great and if you like heroes... you could check out the first season of heroes. But I wouldn't recommend the other seasons. Lol

Psych and Supernatural are also great shows for binge watchers.

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Don't know now it hasnt been mentioned but Game of Thrones!

Plus Vikings. Black Sails is supposed to be good too but not checked that out yet

Millennium with Lance Henriksen.

Firefly and Serenity.

If you are adventurous and want something different try the anime series Paranoia Agent.

Edited by UberL33tPwner69

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

Yes, Arrested Development and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is my type of humor.  :lol:

There's always money in the banana stand!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a bit loud sometimes though.  Imagine a group of four friends who talk very loudly all the time and over each other... it can give you a headache, but the jokes are funny.

Oh and OMG, I forgot -- You should watch The Office (US).  Such a great show.  It started to fall apart during the last two seasons, not as funny, but the show was still good.  Basically after Stevel Carell left, the show kind of died in the funny department.

• Like 1

Forgot to menion this earlier, Eastbound and Down, best comedy of the last ten years.

Danny McBride kills playing Kenny "Fucking" Powers :D 

• Like 1

Game of thrones has been watched.

The us office is brill. But yeah it did go downhill after Steve Carell left.

will check out the rest. Thanks for the replies

• Like 1

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is a must watch. Absolutely hilarious.

Others I watch:

Archer

True Detective

Californication

Weeds

Breaking Bad

Criminal Minds

I'm currently in the middle of Prison Break. So far I like it, but it feels like it will start to drag.

I plan to start watching The Strain next. I need to get a fix of something where vampires are actually grotesque creatures, rather than sparkly, well groomed emos.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is a must watch. Absolutely hilarious.

Others I watch:

Archer

True Detective

Californication

Weeds

Breaking Bad

Criminal Minds

I'm currently in the middle of Prison Break. So far I like it, but it feels like it will start to drag.

I plan to start watching The Strain next. I need to get a fix of something where vampires are actually grotesque creatures, rather than sparkly, well groomed emos.

never heard of the strain, but i hate those emo twinkley bitch vampires lol

• Like 2

nicolabellamy77.png

never heard of the strain, but i hate those emo twinkley bitch vampires lol

( ) Team Edward

( ) Team Jacob

(X) N/A

:P

• Like 1

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

House of cards as suggested by Jag is amazing.

Also the Shield is another must see if you haven't already.

Oh and finally. There is only one version of The Office and it stars Ricky Gervais.