Iron Banner

SeymorScagneti

Never did this before today...didn't get too bad of an ass whipping.

Going to be playing this tonight after the GTA playlist if anyone is interested.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SeymorScagneti

• Pr0fane

• Danielle

• rofur

Just finished playing about 4 hours worth.  There is some nice gear, but it's easier to get an Etheric Light from PoE.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Just finished playing about 4 hours worth.  There is some nice gear, but it's easier to get an Etheric Light from PoE.

I'm just trying to rank up IB and complete bounties.

Finished up the PvP portion of the Thorn bounty last night in IB.

Profane, I enjoyed played with you and those other guys last night. Haven't gamed with Pepperoni since GTA Heists. Thanks for the invite.

• Like 1

Definitely is more fun with other people even if the majority of the chat is people swearing and saying "WTF??"

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Definitely is more fun with other people even if the majority of the chat is people swearing and saying "WTF??"

If you all are running IB again today, I'll take an invite if there is room. TIA

Playing with people that actually play the objective makes it so much better.

I tried the IB, even though I don't have the level as most in it my first go at it had me at the top of the leader board for my team at the end (we still lost....by ALOT).

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Well, it's a good way to get access to an extra Etheric Light and some nice armor.  Just remember to grab bounties before you go in.  May as well get those extra rep points and level up.  Oh, and Crucible bounties count in the Iron Banner.

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Nope, nada.  You unlock the ability to buy an Etheric Light and ranks 3 and 5 then that's it.  If you have another character...queue him up.  Supposedly second and third characters get some kind of bonus XP situation but I haven't confirmed that myself.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Nope, nada.  You unlock the ability to buy an Etheric Light and ranks 3 and 5 then that's it.  If you have another character...queue him up.  Supposedly second and third characters get some kind of bonus XP situation but I haven't confirmed that myself.

I'm hoping to hit 5 this weekend.

Rank starts at zero next time around, right?

Do you get IB rep even if you lose?

Not much of a PVPer so not really played it before. Might give it a go next time it comes around if you can still gain rep from losing!

You do not, rofur.  But you DO get a medallion for each match you lose.  These medallions will stack up to 5.  When you win a match, you redeem any medallions you have, up to 5, for a nice bonus.  So even losing eventually does pay off.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

If IB had gauntlets and chest pieces this time, is it a sure thing they'll have helmets and greaves next time?

• 4 weeks later...

I suck at the IB, if it weren't for everyone "carrying" me I would never make it. (And all I want is an Ethric Light)

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I suck too and am only in it for the light but I don't think you get carried Hatched.

If you can get a few kills it all adds up.

I see it as a team effort and the few kills you get could be the kills the team needed to win.

Just enjoy the ride and you may randomly get a nice piece of gear to drop just for competing.

Edited by rofur

Yeah, what rofur said.  Hatch, you saved my bacon a few times yesterday while I was trying to snipe.  It all works out.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Finally hit rank 5 for this one.

I am working on using hand cannon for this. Word of Crota works pretty good. IMO it is better than Hawk moon for PvP

• Like 1

It's definitely a good idea to get a handle on using hand cannons for PVP.  WIth their current damage model, they deliver the most impact per shot so if you can hit your mark, you can take down your enemy.  Hand cannon is your best primary for that.  Unless you count Universal Remote which is an Exotic Shotgun that goes in your primary weapon slot.  But yes, as a Legendary, Word of Crota is an excellent choice.  If/when we get Fatebringer, that may be slightly better.

As things currently stand, Thorn is the #1 weapon used in Iron Banner.  It's Impact + Range + Accuracy + lingering damage make it amazing.  Followed closely by Hawkmoon.  Note I said "currently" as the Bungie developers plan to balance the hand cannons with the release of Taken King.  For one thing, their range is going to be reduced somewhat. 

Hatch; I think you're rocking that Vespian Dynasty and if you can hit your target with it; even better!  The only drawback really, is that Secondary Ammo is almost as limited in Iron Banner as Heavy and that can be frustrating if you rely on a weapon that doesn't have ammo.  :)

Edited by Pr0fane

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Have not tried ToO yet. For what it's worth I use The Last Word PvP, many times the Thorn has failed to kill me. . . . Maybe some players rely too much on the damage per sec of the Thorn? Reached rank 5 today in IB. I do have Fatebringer but it needs upgrading.