Prison of Elders

SeymorScagneti

I need to run the 32 and 34. I also need to do the 35, I don't give a damn if I ever run it again but need to do it at least once for the Moments of Triumph. I will be on at 7ish central (midnight GMT) if anyone wants to do any of those.

I want to do the 35, and everytime we get stuck at the mine defuseing, I only have a Hunter, so a couple Titans with bubbles would be real handy.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pr0fane

• SeymorScagneti

• rofur

• b17vic

I need to run the 32 and 34. I also need to do the 35, I don't give a damn if I ever run it again but need to do it at least once for the Moments of Triumph. I will be on at 7ish central (midnight GMT) if anyone wants to do any of those.

I want to do the 35, and everytime we get stuck at the mine defuseing, I only have a Hunter, so a couple Titans with bubbles would be real handy.

Yeah, sorry we couldn't get it done last night, Hatched.  I have to admit, I was pretty much at the end of my tether before we started so probably not the best situation to try and get it done.  But yes, 2 Titan Defenders would be be the best combination to accompany a Hunter.  That means that you have to be the one chasing down the servitors though.  When we get to Skolas again, you need to check your skill bubbles to the best Agility you can achieve and to maximize your Invisibility traits.  And, of course, you need a shotgun to take it out fast.  LOL  Having said that, I haven't tried to take it out with the Vespian Dynasty so maybe that will work.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I've only got 35 to try now. Had a message via PSN from Hatch asking me if I wanted to do Skolas with him and Pr0fane. . . . . Had to say no because my son was and still is on Destiny, he'll probably be up for the next 4 hrs because schools out for summer :-) Sorry guys and thank you for the offer!

LOL Probably good that you couldn't make it.  It was a frustrating fail. 

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I can do whatever is need, might take a couple runs though. I have a Found Verdict to clear things out.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Yeah, sorry we couldn't get it done last night, Hatched. I have to admit, I was pretty much at the end of my tether before we started so probably not the best situation to try and get it done. But yes, 2 Titan Defenders would be be the best combination to accompany a Hunter. That means that you have to be the one chasing down the servitors though. When we get to Skolas again, you need to check your skill bubbles to the best Agility you can achieve and to maximize your Invisibility traits. And, of course, you need a shotgun to take it out fast. LOL Having said that, I haven't tried to take it out with the Vespian Dynasty so maybe that will work.

What strategy were you trying? Its not too bad this week, certainly easier than last week

What strategy were you trying? Its not too bad this week, certainly easier than last week

Go to the high platform (left), kill servitor enroute and launch a few Gjallies at Skolas.  Skoot to the low platform (right) and begin the hunt servitor/ burn Skolas cycle till bonds are broken.  Ping Skolas and burn adds until defuse mines starts.  That's typically when it goes to shit.  I swear the game engine was against us every time since it kept putting A at the opposite end of the arena.  Soon as we get to A, B and C would start at almost the same time.

Yes, it can be easy if you get lucky with mine placement and nobody gets killed while running the mines.  No such luck for us though. LOL

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Go to the high platform (left), kill servitor enroute and launch a few Gjallies at Skolas. Skoot to the low platform (right) and begin the hunt servitor/ burn Skolas cycle till bonds are broken. Ping Skolas and burn adds until defuse mines starts. That's typically when it goes to shit. I swear the game engine was against us every time since it kept putting A at the opposite end of the arena. Soon as we get to A, B and C would start at almost the same time.

Yes, it can be easy if you get lucky with mine placement and nobody gets killed while running the mines. No such luck for us though. LOL

Sounds pretty much the same as us. Basically a clockwise rotation around the perimeter. We use a titan, hunter and warlock. Before we start we pop a synth and wait 5 mins so we can pop another straight away. Titan has weapons of light. Straight after the first servitor, titan pops bubble, we unload as many gjally rockets as possible before skolas gets too close. Go to other side and do the same, obviously dont always have a bubble. The mines have never been much of an issue

• 2 weeks later...

As I plan to run PoE regularly for the next four weeks I thought I'd open a thread for us to discuss our availability. I know there are a few UK players and hope we can get together to mutually benefit from this. I'm usually available weekday afternoons and evenings.

I'm a low [literally as a low as low can be!] level 33 so I can only run PoE 32 until I level up. I think it's unlikely I'll reach 34 this week but I may be lucky. With this in mind, I'm definitely running PoE 32 this week and next. When I reach 34, I'll run PoE 32, 34 and 35. I'll try to keep this OP updated with times we have agreed.

Here's my availability for the next few weeks:

Wednesday 19th would be the best day for me this week but I am reasonably flexible.

Next week I'm working so only available in the evening.

Then I'm pretty much free until the Moments of Triumph cut-off on 9th Sept. Following this, I'm going on holiday then returning to university so my game time will be severely restricted. 

So, who's up for Wednesday this week?

Edited by silenttigercd

2 competent Lvl 34 players and you at Lvl 33 playing carefully SHOULD be able to clear the 34 arena, how difficult depends on the modifiers and enemies/ bosses. I say this because I know someone who beat Skolas with 2 Lvl 34's and 1 Lvl 32 player, he said it was his least favourite game time :-O

I'm not sure about time on Wed so if you see me on send me a message. I'll be on periodically tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to do PoE 34 with 2 level 33 and a level 34? If so could someone level 34 help Jesse & I this weekend?

I'm working and don't have time to read this whole thread so I'm sorry if it has been discussed

Might be tricky. . . . I read on reddit that being 1 level below an enemy means you only deal 68% damage, if I'm wrong on this I would like to be corrected!

If I'm on and not doing a pre arranged clan event I'll try to help, just make sure that you are informed of the difficulty modifiers and the boss. Some bosses are more difficult than others. If you see me on and want to try it let me know.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks :)

I need etheric light to reach level 34 and I need to be level 34 to get etheric light :D

33 is doable, I've done it as a 33 with a 34, just hit up DestinyLFG ... Set your levels to 33 (If you are so ofcourse) and see if anyone cares to invite you :)

It's pretty easy this week, final boss is solar burn, so should be piece of cake with Madhorns (Gjallarhorn)

Edited by Haste
  • Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

I think it can be done fairly easy as long as you make reviving your 34 player a priority if needed. I would do it with but won't online today till probably your breakfast time tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks b17vic for spending however many hours it took to help us yesterday, we got as far as round 5 and it was just impossible.. Just have to hope that Variks has gauntlets on Tues.

& thanks to everyone else that offered to help :D

• Like 1

Sorry we couldn't do it. I do think it would be better to go in with another two Lvl 34's each. Titan, Hunter and Warlock worked well today we were all 34 though.

I'll assist again if you want.

I think it can done with 2 33's and a 34. And the reason I think this is because the 35 PoE is done with all 34's (1 level under) and doing the 34 only 2 players are 1 level under.

• Like 1

I think it can done with 2 33's and a 34. And the reason I think this is because the 35 PoE is done with all 34's (1 level under) and doing the 34 only 2 players are 1 level under.

Yes it CAN be done with two 33's and one 34, it can also be done solo if the player is good enough. VoG can be done solo, Crota can be done solo and Skolas can be done solo but NOT by me.

An important point to remember is that by the time we reach Skolas we have got more experience AND we are usually playing with one or two players that already have the experience of beating Skolas. Experience is key. . . I failed at beating Skolas on my first attempt but on the second it took only 58mins, the strength of the team is very important if not one player has the skill to solo these things.

I think luck of the game has some to do with it as well, many times I've been on Crota team and all went quick, other times took for ever and a day (with the same people)

• Like 1

I agree Hatch. I've also had some weird stuff happen fighting Crota like a Knight spawning in front of me and Crota taking a knee on my screen after weapon damage but then immediately killing me as if he never took a knee.

Is anyone around to help Jesse & I with PoE 34 today? We are available all day :)

I'm just seeing this 8 hours late, but I'll be on shortly if you're still around and happy to run it with you.

pr0fane0ne.jpg