Prison of Elders

SeymorScagneti

Finally unlocked this today.

I have a few questions:

Do you get rep only if you win?

The tokens you get for shaders/ships/cloaks to give to Veriks, are they worth it?

Is it better to use a fireteam or is it doable with matchmaking?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pr0fane

• SeymorScagneti

• rofur

• b17vic

You get rep for every completed round and a bit more when you beat that version/level of it.

Not sure about any of the shaders and ships, I've not ranked up enough to unlock any yet.

Only level 28 is matchmade, if you try to enter anything higher you'll be on your own unless you're already part of a fireteam. The rewards from the big chest at the end are still pretty good no matter what level you do but you get extra rewards from the higher ones.

Level 32 you get an armour core to buy the piece of armour that's for sale. This changes with the reset so you're not forced to buy it if you don't want.

Level 33 gets you a weapon core so again you can buy the weapon that week if you want.

Then I'm not sure about the others, I think you get both weapon and armour cores for the next one and then the last one I don't know what you get.

I think one rewards etheric light but not sure which.

Hope that helped a bit!?

Edited by rofur
  • Like 1

Yeah that's right.

There's also different modifiers, some are good such as special weapons do more damage, your grenades charge faster or your melee is more effective but there's also ones that stop your shields from recharging or you take more damage in the air.

At the start of each round it'll tell you which ones are active.

• Like 1

Rofur's got it mostly right.

There's 4 levels; 28, 32, 34 and 35.  Meaning, that is the level of the enemies you face.  Level 35 is THE boss of this expansion, Skolas and it's a bugger to beat.

28: Basically this is your warmup for Prison of Elders.  As rofur mentioned, there is match-making for this level.  With this level you *may* get a legendary item drop from opening the large chest, you need a special Treasure Key to open the big chest.  You get these keys from a) doing bounties for the Queen's clerk, B) hunting Wolf Packs and finding their etheric chest AFTER you beat them and c) occasionally in one of the small chests when you've won a full series of PoE (a level consists of 4 or 5 rounds, each round consists of 3 waves).

32: Challenging, but not too much so.  No match-making so you need to have a fireteam going in or yeah, you're going it solo.  Something you may be able to do but I know I couldn't.  LOL  You *may* get an Etheric Light from completing this level.  You *will* get an Armor Core which you can trade to Variks for a piece of legendary armor.  You can bank these Armor and Weapon Cores to use when Variks has something you want.  You *may* get a legendary item drop from the big chest.  You *will* get a bonus +200 rep with House of Judgement for completion; that's in addition to the HoJ rep you get for completing each round.

34: Hard, harder than 32 usually.  With an extra round.  Sometimes there are two Boss rounds.  You *will* get one Etheric Light and one Weapon Core.  You *may* get a legendary item drop from the big chest.  You get a bonus of +300 HoJ rep upon completion.

35: Nucking Futs!  For your first time, try to get in with at least one veteran is it can be convoluted.  Guessing at what you have to do to complete is highly unlikely.  You will get one Etheric Light, one Armor Core and one Weapon Core for completion.  And a bonus of +500 HoJ rep upon completion. 

I think there's a chance at an exotic item in there somewhere..but not sure where. 

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I think I read on reddit your best chance of an exotic is your first go after reset? I could be wrong but seem to remember I got a warlock helmet once on my first 28 of the week.

• Like 2

First time running this last night....before round 1, 1 guy departed leaving me and another. We get to round 3 and my PS4 ejects the disc. Then I can't sign in to PSN for 2 hours.

Second time around I join 2 others in round 2 and we beat all 5 rounds. I get 2 legendary engrams (some New Monarchy gauntlets and a Future War Cult sniper) and as we are going to the bottom I get lost somehow and I can't find that chest in time to use a treasure key.

First time running this last night....before round 1, 1 guy departed leaving me and another. We get to round 3 and my PS4 ejects the disc. Then I can't sign in to PSN for 2 hours.

Second time around I join 2 others in round 2 and we beat all 5 rounds. I get 2 legendary engrams (some New Monarchy gauntlets and a Future War Cult sniper) and as we are going to the bottom I get lost somehow and I can't find that chest in time to use a treasure key.

Sucks that the PS4 messed up, haven't had that happen to me ever though!

When you are done fighting all 5/6 rounds - depending on difficulty, the floor in the airlock opens up, and you can jump down all the way to the treasure room, fastest way is to fall all the way without hitting any of the floors, and before you land at the bottom, use your jump button (Glide, boost, whatever class you are) you'll know that you are in the right room, cause it's filled with gold, and at the end of the room theres 2 small and 1 big chest, can't miss them, the big chest is for the treasure keys!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

I'll be running a 35 poe later if anyone is interested in joining? Will need to be level 34 with good weapons. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Mic is essential 

I'll be running a 35 poe later if anyone is interested in joining? Will need to be level 34 with good weapons. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Mic is essential

I'm still at 32.

Once I rank up I'll join for sure.

• Like 1

I'm looking to do some treasure key farming and then doing some 32 or 34 PoE for my first loot of the week for some exotics as i badly need a good hand cannon

If anyone want's to help out please let me know :)

b2ExQd1.png

I'll watch for you when I'm online, Haste.  Haven't done any PoE yet this week due to Iron Banner so I need to get in there as well.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I'd love to have that helmet too :)

I did the first PoE of the week, no exotics, no exotics last week either, werent it supposed to be a guaranteed exotic drop from first loot of the week?

b2ExQd1.png

Just did Hatch's inaugural run at PoE, level 28.  He got a MIDA Multi-Tool!  Sweet-ass exotic scout rifle!

• Like 2

pr0fane0ne.jpg

Are you guaranteed an exotic every week from the middle chest after completing a PoE?

Apparently not, I thought that too, but there's only an increased chance!

b2ExQd1.png

I need to do PoE 32 before the weekly reset.

Anyone available to help anytime tomorrow or Monday?

I could do with doing it too so I can get the boots for my warlock.

If you need 1 more and we're online at the same time I'll help.

• Like 1

I can help...

If we get Profane or something like that to help it'd be pretty much straightforward

Cool, thanks.

I could do with doing it too so I can get the boots for my warlock.

If you need 1 more and we're online at the same time I'll help.

Cool, thanks.

I'll be popping online throughout the day and happy to help.

Cool, thanks.
  • Like 1