[GT6] Casual Sunday Racing

zmurko

No love for 'Dirt 3'? Hopefully Sony dont shut down GT6 servers as they did for GT5, would be great if you could rent or purchase a server privately if it comes to that for GT6, and thats one reason I did not aquire any of the two games.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• silenttigercd

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

Yeah, I never quite understood what's considered a racing-car. Sometimes it says it's a racing car in the description, sometimes it doesnt. Most have racing decals. I'm not really sure to be honest.

the best way i go about differentiating race and non race cars is that the race cars come with racing hard tires as standard and road cars come with sports hard or comfort softs.

btw i'm up for this but is there anyway we could run this a litlle earlier ie closer to the 4.30gmt mark as originally suggested?

We could try to have a 4:30 start sometimes too, but not sure many can actually make it at that time, me included most of the times, usually with family on Sundays afternoon after a big lunch.

Ok , no worries , that's a good point I suppose. I was just thinking that a slightly earlier start would allow peeps ( like ourselves) to get more than 1 hour of racing in if we wanted to before it got too late on a Sunday night.

But I should be able to make 7.30 GMT . Looking forward to it , as was missing our GT6 sessions :D

• Like 1

Steering wheel was delivered today so I'm ready and excited for this!

IMG_20150518_174839.jpg

I'll probably use the M3 CSL '05

Gemasolar_1.jpg

Gemasolar.jpg

@zmurko: Are all driving assists going to be disabled? 
Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 1

All driving assists will be available, up to each one to use any or not.

Nice setup, you can tell you're from UK (or just left handed). :lol:

I could never shift with my left hand though.

I only have the controller, which is somewhat OK up to 550 PP, then cars become impossible to drive. Not perfect, but you get used to it somehow.

I've tried the latest seasonal event on Nurburgring (racecars up to 630 PP I think) and it took me at least 10-15 attempts to even get a valid laptime (staying on the road) and it was only enough for a bronze. :/

Btw, looks I'll have to buy a new BMW or use the M4. My M3 Coupe had some aero work done (spoiler etc) and is lacking some power now. It handles great, but just not fast enough for this track. Tried a M4 and immediately cut 2 sec off my best time with the M3.

• Like 2

Thanks z! That's good news - I've been really struggling with all assists off so I was a bit worried.

I also need to experiment with other models too as I'm not entirely happy with the '05 M3. I prefer how it looks but the look wont get me far in the race!

I only have the controller, which is somewhat OK up to 550 PP, then cars become impossible to drive. Not perfect, but you get used to it somehow.

That's why I stopped playing the game last year. It's a shame it becomes so unplayable with a controller. 

What sort of times are you guys getting on the BMW track? 

Edited by silenttigercd

What sort of times are you guys getting on the BMW track? 

I've managed to brake the 1:30 mark few times, but mostly 1:30.xx on clean laps. Probably slow, but  it's best I can do without messing with the settings too much.

Btw, I've moved this from planning forum to here, where it can remain a more permanent topic.

Who's volunteering to organize/host next weeks event, pick tracks and car(s)?

• Like 1

I've managed to brake the 1:30 mark few times, but mostly 1:30.xx on clean laps. Probably slow, but  it's best I can do without messing with the settings too much.

Who's volunteering to organize/host next weeks event, pick tracks and car(s)?

I haven't been faster than 1:30 yet, going to experiment with other cars today. There's lots of information online with detailed car setups. I have no idea what most of the settings do so it's useful for me.

I'm happy to host next week. I've got couple of ideas for tracks and car combinations, I'm sure I can find a third. I'll upload details tomorrow.

Are you guys taking part in GT Academy this year ?

I'll give it a go, doubt I'll get past the first stage though!

• Like 1

Ah yes. Maybe the rankings are closed but you can still take part for fun I guess.

But like I said, only the final test matters.

You need to get at least bronze in all three tests to access the last one though.

Cars and tracks for 31st May:

Cape Ring North [Original, Page 2]

QCz4Zah.jpg

Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 
Cost: Free [for unlocking all stars in Novice series] 
Mods: Visual only - Aero Kit / Spoiler / Wheels / Respray bright colours
Max PP: 403
Tyres - Comfort: Soft (or less)

maxresdefault.jpg

===============================================

Ascari Full Track [Word, page 2]

9fQYgn2.jpg

Lotus Carlton '90
Cost: 81,490
Mods: None
Max PP: 472
Tyres: Sports: Hard (or less)

maxresdefault.jpg

===============================================

Suzuka Circuit [World, page 4]

Y16hxgy.jpg

Any Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution that is less than 520PP when stock
Note: Impreza's are considerably more expensive than Evo's. Most are rally spec too which probably isn't suitable for the track (I haven't tested them though)
Upgrade to a maximum of 550PP
Racing: Hard tyres (or less)

Recommended car:
Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car '05 (Stock PP 517)
Cost: 115,500
Mods: Any
Max PP: 550
Tyres: Racing: Hard (or less)

Note: This is an awesome car which I've used for the majority of National A and B races and. According to this guide, it remains competitive up to International B series. Therefore, it's a very good investment to make.

5417378988_59f8469c88_b.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, well it was called the Vauxhall Carlton over here. Big heap of shit until Lotus got their hands on it and made it the fastest saloon car in the world (at the time)

It's not too hard to handle in game. It was one of my dream cars as a kid so I had to include it!

• Like 1