[GT6] Casual Sunday Racing

zmurko

First things first, this is a NON-GTA event!

I'd like to run a Gran Turismo 6 get together in the near future. A one-off event or a reocurring one, I don't really care.

I've checked and these are XDBX members (+HC) on my friends list that appear to have played this game:

BMSTANG

BoD-Nasty
(DavidCore89)
DeaD_GooN
(desuno1)
Dodgeservice
GTP_Fido_le_muet
handcuff_charlie
jumbo67
JusTokenII
revbouncer
rikster1a
silenttigercd
SirSaha
sonomiggo
ssracing2
the_skip_rat
TorridLS1

I know DC and desuno no longer have their PS3s, perhaps someone else not on my friends list still does (with GT6) and I'm not sure how many can actually still play the game, but it looks like a decent list.
I'd be happy to just get 5-6 of us together for an hour of racing once per week.

So I'd like to see how does everyone feel about an hour of racing after (or before) Sunday Racing League (currently F1 championship)?
That would be either at 7:30 PM GMT or 4:30 PM GMT on Sundays.

Here's what I've planned for the first event if you're wondering how would it look like or just to get you interested:

3 tracks, 3 races, 3 cars, 60min

1. UK race (issis):
London, stock Minis, 10min practice and 8 laps race.

7DQ2N7q.png

Which car will you need?
Spoiler

Yi2UpwE.png

Completely unmodified, Comfort Soft tires  (or less) allowed.

2. US race (Dominators):
Daytona Road Course, stock Ford Mustang GT '05, 10min practice and 4 laps race.

oUaSGWV.png

Which car will you need?
Spoiler

Jto6gZd.png

Completely unmodified, Sports Hard tires (or less) allowed.

3. Euro race (Sentinels):
Nürburgring GP / D, 550 PP BMWs, 10min practice and 6 laps race.

uis4lY4.png

Which car will you need?
Any non-race BMW will do, limited at 550 PP. Racing Hard tires (or less) allowed.
M3 (preffered), M4, M5, Z4, Z8, ... buy it, upgrade it, tune it, do whatever you want, just keep it at or under 550 PP.

Let's see if we can get this thing off the ground and how soon can we do it. You'll probably need to update your GT6 games too and depending on when was the last time you've done this, it can take a while. I've also selected really cheap cars, so everyone can afford them, otherwise just run a seasonal event or something for some credits.

Now, who's interested and how does the time slot look for everyone? I'm aiming at May 24th for our first time (after the F1 championship), but flexible and open to other suggestions too.

• Like 3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zmurko

• silenttigercd

• Dodge

• Fido_le_muet

I've made an XDBX Crew online in GT6. Most of the names on this list should have an invite to it already. If not let me know.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Awesome! I need to install the game and start from scratch but I think I can manage to get the cars required.

Racing before SRL is not possible for me. After is fine though. Looking forward to it!

I've made an XDBX Crew online in GT6. Most of the names on this list should have an invite to it already. If not let me know.

Yep, I'll need an invite. That Community feature confuses the shit out of me, but I've found the XDBX club and can't join, says I need an invite.

Awesome! I need to install the game and start from scratch but I think I can manage to get the cars required.

Racing before SRL is not possible for me. After is fine though. Looking forward to it!

Cool, I don't exactly remember what you need to start racing online, but I think it's the International B license (?).

But you should have more than enough credits for the cars required once you get the required license I think.

• Like 1

I will also most likely start from scratch. Even though I've barely touched the game. GT4 was the last one I actually enjoyed. But I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

OK fine I'll try to join :D

Are you planning to do this soon Z ?

Maybe we can make this a recurring event. I'll be available the first weekend of july :D

OK fine I'll try to join :D

Are you planning to do this soon Z ?

Maybe we can make this a recurring event. I'll be available the first weekend of july :D

July?! That's like 2 months away. I'll get bored of GT6 (again) by that time. :lol:

I might be interested in this depending on decided starting time.

Nothing is set in stone, so feel free to suggest a day/time you might be able to make it.

• Like 1

I still have GT6 and my PS3 so I'd like to give it a go. I haven't played online against other players before though, should be fun.

Updating game now. It takes a very long time. Been running almost 2 hours and it's on update 7/17

It is possible for the updates to mess up in which case you might have to do them one or two at a time. I think I googled it and found a procedure for the updates that worked, but it was a bit of a nightmare. It does take an age to install them all though.

• Like 1

I should probably get mine fired up and updated soon.  It's been a while and probably will be a long process as well.

To anyone installing/updating this game from scratch: be warned it takes a very long time (approx 6 hours!)

Also, and as Z correctly pointed out, you need a 'National A' license before you're allowed online.

Invites should be out to all. Exempt silenttigercd. You do not show up as an option. Probably won't until you can log on to online.

Dodgeservice.png

Cool, I'll join when I fire it up tomorrow.

There's been a lot of response for this, so I'm feeling optimistic we can get some racing done with quite a few members.

Should be fun, eventhough my GT6 racing skills are nowhere near my GTA skills. I call dibs on the back of the grid. :lol:

I think I'm ready too:

6v2j9TR.jpg

hwdLTnF.jpg

So, are we still on for May 24th at 7:30 PM GMT? Or do you wanna try this out sooner? I think few still need to get their licenses ready or even install/upgrade their GT6. This gives them a whole week to get ready.

Rest of us can do some practising in the meantime. I think I have the London track in a stock Mini figured out, still need to work on Daytona in the Mustang (can't figure out the breaking points as there's almost no reference points around the track).

Edited by zmurko

So, are we still in for May 24th at 7:30 PM GMT? Or do you wanna try this out sooner? I think few still need to get their licenses ready or even install/upgrade their GT6. This gives them a whole week to get ready.

I plan on obtaining my A license this evening so I'll be ready for tomorrow if required. Next week is fine too as I should have my steering wheel and pedals by then :D

Could I request an Evo / Impreza race at some point in the future? I've taken quite a liking to this beast: 

mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_ix__gsr_rm__

Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 1

I was thinking we could share "hosting" every week so that we have someone else pick cars/track for each week.

Just mix it up a little bit every week, different PP cars, some stock some tuned, different style tracks, etc ... A little bit for everyone.

I know I really suck at tuning (no idea what 95% of settings really mean) and I don't really like extremely high PP cars (up to 550/600 is still somewhat enjoyable), so that's why I went with 2 stock cars this week.

Yeah, those Subarus/Mitsubishis are awesome. I bought one of the Subaru Imprezas today (have 3 different ones already I think) and it is just glued to the road, it made Nordschleife look like an easy track to drive even at 530+PP. :lol:

• Like 1

Any non-race BMW will do, limited at 550 PP. Racing Hard tires (or less) allowed.

M3 (preffered), M4, M5, Z4, Z8, ... buy it, upgrade it, tune it, do whatever you want, just keep it at or under 550 PP.

Sorry for being dumb - I don't understand GT6 at all! Is there an easy was to tell which cars are non-race? Is it based on racing decals, 'race car' in the name, 'race spec' in the description or something else?

Edited by silenttigercd