Interesting Facts About You

Jaggy

Let's get to know each other a little better.

List 3-5 interesting facts about you that not many people know.  You don't have to share anything personal.  :)

I'll start...

1)  I'm terrified of bees.

2)  I enjoy hiking.

3)  I've sprained both my knees numerous times, all from separate occasions, so I have knees of a 70 year old woman... maybe worse.

4)  I had Lasik eye surgery done in June 2013.  (best decision ever!)

5)  I love beaches.  If I could afford a beach house, I'd have one.

• Like 6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaggy

• zztop911

• wraignbow

• LN-MLB

It's OK, I meant to change a few things in my questions :D

I'll go :

1) I'm terrified of spiders. My GF has to kill them :lol:

2) I'm a geography buff. Love flags, landmarks, all sorts of geo things.

3) I want to get laser surgery for my eyes too! I'm sick of glasses, it costs a lot !

4) I currently feel very insecure about my future. Don't know what to do with my life. My current job will end in 6 months and I have no idea what to do next. I'm kinda lost at the moment :(

5) I'm secretly in love with pb76 but shhhh :ph34r:

• Like 7

1. I'm a book snob.  I don't mean to be, but I can't help it.  Dan Brown doesn't deserve to sell a tenth as many books as Will Self, but not many people want to read a book without even a paragraph break and which switches between past present and future plot threads, narrators and even languages all in the same sentence without warning.  Read Umbrella and Shark if you really like books, they are amazing.

2. I am writing my own novel.  It doesn't have a plot but I'm aiming for a modernist take on a Travis Bickle type of character if Taxi Driver were a book by Bret Easton Ellis. Its supposed to sound pretentious :P

3. I would never get laser eye surgery.

4. I have an NVQ in horticulture.

5. I almost met the Chuckle Brothers once.

• Like 7

1. I love drag racing, Participating, NOT watching!

2. Favorite place to live. I'd love to move back to Oahu around Makaha beach . Best surf in the winter and great fishing! No telling how much my little house in Ewa Beach costs now!

3. Next step in life. Downsize all property holdings to just one small, no larger than 5 ac., place with a nice home with a big shop for mainly building cars and other "toys".

What's a NVQ?

• Like 7

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

1. As a kid I had chronically sweaty hands. Saw a procedure on the TV show "That's Incredible!" and had the surgery. Problem solves. Sweet side effect, my head barely sweats at all so my moto helmets don't get wet & gross.

2. I can play the tuba.

3. I've never typed "lol"  OK, once. :lol:

4. I've raced in three 24 hour dirt bike races. Not as a Ironman, they were all team races but it is so fun riding all day and all night.

5. I've been to Jay Leno's garage and he drove me around Burbank, CA in one of his steam cars. B)

• Like 9

5. I've been to Jay Leno's garage and he drove me around Burbank, CA in one of his steam cars. B)

You suck! ;)

• Like 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I'm stuck at the airport and this is perfect to pass the time.

1. I'm sure most know I'm into cars, but the way I'm into cars seems to be maturing.   :lol:  I'm a bit less into power-slidey muscle cars and more into a bit more refined stuff than I used to be.  That said, stick me in a 400hp+ muscle car and I'm bound to make it a heavy smoker.  Of course only in a safe place.

2.  I've got to include hiking as well.  We used to do it all the time.  It's a bit harder to do with little ones in tow, so hiking has converted itself into more walking of paved areas when we get out.

3. I work in both the technology and car rental business and they aren't two separate jobs.  Because of my career, I spend a good amount of time in high end cars.  I've dealt with Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, AMG Mercedes, and of course the occasional Jaguar, much newer than mine.

4.  While I don't mind occasionally getting on an airplane, both airplanes and airports suck.

5.  While I used to live in Illinois, I rarely went to Chicago.  No offense to anyone from Chicago, but the accents are hilarious.

• Like 7

You suck! ;)

I agree.  That's got to be the most badass car experience ever.  I think I'd rather ride with him than drive the car!

1. I was not born here..........I was born in an alternative version of your universe which is why I find it difficult to form friendships with the people here (I think you're all twats). I ended up here after an incident with a 'cap gun' tore open a worm hole.

2. My main hobby is collecting wasps' souls, I keep them in a peanut butter jar (they keep escaping when I have PB on toast). I also collect shoes, hoping one day to get into the Guinness book of records, I currently have 11 shoes.

3. PB76 is not my only username on here......Xyon14, fido_le_muet and Justhatched are all fictitious accounts I made up.

4. I went to school with Bill Oddie, Zooey Deschanel and Norman Reedus, admittedly it was different schools and they weren't in my year.

5. I'm an accomplished triangle player and have performed on some famous hits, check out my work at the four second mark on this one .....

6. I am completely and utterly unable to count to 5.

• Like 13

1. I like grapes but I hate anything grape flavored (juice included)

2. I've never broken a bone

3. I'm far more reserved in actuality than you'd believe over the mic

4. I hate the word "bae"

5. I've never traveled west of the Mississippi River

• Like 7

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

1. I like grapes but I hate anything grape flavored (juice included)

2. I've never broken a bone

3. I'm far more reserved in actuality than you'd believe over the mic

4. I hate the word "bae"

5. I've never traveled west of the Mississippi River

I don't believe #3 at all...  :lol:

Actually, I do, because I can't imagine you telling me things about my mother to my face.  :P

• Like 1

1) I used to play semi-professional poker.  When I say "semi", I mean that I made just enough to get by.  I also once spent 16 hours straight at a poker table.

2) I have been to 46 states, the District of Columbia, and five Canadian provinces.

3) I don't use ice in anything except water.  Even with water, I don't use it that often.  I also haven't eaten at a McDonalds in well over a decade and generally avoid fast food at all costs.

4) I have moved so many times that I have since lost count.

5) I'm very much into history, language, and writing.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 7

1) I'm an only child

2) The only girl out of 10 grandchildren

3) I can talk

4) I used to be addicted to grape juice as a child

5) I play guitar pretty well

• Like 9

1) I'm an only child

2) The only girl out of 10 grandchildren

3) I can talk

4) I used to be addicted to grape juice as a child

5) I play guitar pretty well

1. Soundcloud (or similar) uploads, ready, go.

2. I demand you write an XDBX anthem. Also ready, go.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

1.I have my own youtube channel 

2.i use to be an emt

3.carl sagan and NDT Neil degrasse tyson are 2 people i look up to.

4.I beat up a kid when i was in the 7th grade for taking my money throwing it out the window and saying go fetch.It was 35 cents.

• Like 6

1. Despite having a perfectly clean driving license I have not driven a car in real life for over 15 years

2. I have PhD in Quantum Chemistry

3. I am co-owner of a cat that likes to eat brocolli

4. I have a undefeated record as captain of a cricket team (1 match played, no-result, rained off after 1 over)

5. Most people think my version of a fish finger sandwich has way to much ketchup, mayonnaise, cheese and mustard on it

• Like 4

1. I'm terrified of flying, I could never go near a plane again. This fear started after a flight back from orlando in 2000.. really bad turbulence, people screaming on the plane etc. 

2. I'm a keen sailer. Mostly sail around the East coast of England. Have also sailed across to Den Helder.

3. One of my biggest passions is horses - Would love to own a race horse (hopefully that will happen in the near future)

4. I have a 5 year old son who means the world to me - do everything together :)

5. I play piano 

Edited by markt112
  • Like 7

1. I have never ridden or driven a motorcycle in my life

2. I've been to 21 other European countries (and to US)

3. I have a license to operate a boat/yacht (skipper) (up to 20/24m or something) <-- doesnt mean I actually know how to though :lol:

4. I too have never broken a bone or been west of Mississippi

• Like 7

Ok here goes haha:

1. I Mountainboard when ever I can 
  2. I live in two places, a small holding farm in somerset and in Cardiff (Wales, UK) for studying
  3. I almost played professional rugby but became seriously ill and had several injuries that prevented that :( (I've broken almost every bone in my body :P )
  4. I play the mandolin...... Badly
  5. Although everything I have in GTA is orange my favourite colour is green :P
  • Like 6

Recent.

1. I love candy and Louisiana Hot sauce.

2. I have been wearing the same shoes to work for way to long.

Not so recent.

3.I once went hunting in Texas with a 9mm, a .22 rifle and a sawed off and got a bird and a snake.

4. The same trip included a large scale exorcism. (I am not religious, I think the locals tried to save me.)

5. I have won a national championship in the 400m with a cast on my arm from falling down a mountainside wasted with my pant by my ankles.

• Like 6

1. I have the word left tattooed on my right foot.

2. Since my daughter was born a year ago I'm pretty much scared of everything.

3. I travel as much and as often as I possibly can and I'm actually leaving the cold in Sweden for three weeks of Californian sun on Monday.

• Like 5