Guardian Angel

ScottyB

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/4kIYIiGT8Ei-KlcSmJhsUg

Two teams compete along the same path with insurgent pick ups to collect a Guardian. The insurgents with then need to protect the guardian as they deliver it to there base.

This capture needs to have a minimum of 6 people to play out as intended, 1 driver, 1 gunner and one person driving the guardian. Obviously, the more the better though.

I havent had a chance to play this yet and it will require some feedback. There are no spawn locations set which should mean that you spawn near where you died. This may work out, or might make it too intense as the other teams keep coming back too quick.

You spawn in a technical, so the insurgent will be able to ram it out the way pretty easy and destroy it if you have a gunner.

Edited by ScottyB88
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I like the idea. Plays out well enough but as you know the Insurgent can be a real issue in terms of a balancing factor.

It's simply a strong vehicle.

I think the biggest issue at play was the method for respawning (where you died). If you adjust this I think it'll play out a lot better.

You could even play with this sort of format:

Team A (respawn) - - - - Team A (base) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Guardian - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Team B (base) - - - - Team B (respawn)

This shifts the fighting to the middle. I'm still a little leery (personally) about the Insurgent, I do like the Technical though because you can kill people a lot better with what you have, just feels more balanced to me. The Guardian gets ripped to shreds against an Insurgent (not to mention it's quite quick). If you keep it as the same format, I'm thinking the Insurgent should probably be paired down to Technicals all across the board (starting AND respawn vehicle).

So I think with a little bit of balancing this can be quite nice.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 weeks later...

Made some changes to this one. Added spawn points that require you to travel a bit more to get to the base and or Capture vehicle. Changed some weapons around and the start vehicles too. 

Should play out much better now.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I have moved the spawn points further away from each other to avoid any potential spawn killing. Should be good now and it worked out quiet well today otherwise. You must work as a team to be successful which is good :)

scottyb1988.jpg