PSN parties will allow 16 players soon

JuniorChubb

PSN party limit should rise to 16 soon...

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/04/playstation-preview-update-brings-16-player-parties-and-chat-tra/ 

Thanks to @CatManDoza for the link.

Is it really worth it at this stage in the consoles life? they could have done this years ago.

Will it make any major difference to the way you play or organise your gaming?

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Useful for GT Sport definitely. We’ve had a nightmare trying to coordinate races over multiple party chats. Will be easier when we’re all in one lobby. We usually have a mix of talkers and silent types so hopefully there won’t be too many people talking at once. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Smurf said:

The firmware beta went live yesterday so hopefully it's out by August.

Cheers Smurf, @Aslad was asking the other day. August will fly round, looking forward to clear chat and PSN events for 16 players.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Just bumping this thread as @Trashbags informed me this is going live with today’s update...

useful fro tmmorows event

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

57 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Now I just need more than 7 friends. 

I’ll give Snow White a call...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So far I am enjoying this new feature, better sound quality on chatting is always a good thing! Well done Sony, now how much is this going to cost us? 😄

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

So I tried to open a private party by myself as I like to do whenever I’m streaming and racing with ransoms. But after the latest update, I didn’t see the option to do that and seemed like I have to create a group...will try later to see if I can create a group with just me or this new update gonna force me to have to listen to ransoms while streaming. 

Edited by Con

The notes in the update mentioned something about "Private" parties no longer being an option. You have to create a group, not sure if you can be the only one or not. If not just make one with me  so you can be in peace. I don't join parties without an invite and don't even have a mic to use on the PS4.

• Thanks 1

It is still possible to make what is effectively a private party. You only have to invite another player, they don't have to accept the invitation. Two ways I have found (because I always do it when racing with randoms, no desire to listen the music one of them will inevitably have on).

• Invite a friend you know is offline to the party.
    • downside for them is, I assume, they will keep getting the invite next time they log in
  • Find a chat group that you are the only one left in, because everyone else has left, and make the party from that
    • not sure if the person who left will get an notification, if so could be annoying for them, only one way to find out ...

For either option though you could make another PSN account of your own, just to use for this. That's what I've done. So I just invite my own other account to the party.

• Thanks 1