• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ronin

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

• PapOiteE

Now now gents.

Never been a big fan of Vettel myself, but one does not become a 4 (four !) times World Champion by coincidence or just because you have a car that is tailor made. The guy is definitely capable of something and deserves some credit. Where was Webber btw all that time? Not exactly a shabby or non-experienced driver, methinks ? I see Vettel's time at Ferrai as redemption time and as far as I'm concerned, 'Finger Boy' delivers. He's got my benefit of the doubt !

Of course, matching the level of Fernando Alonso or Stoffel Vandoorne is a different matter alltogether :P

Edited by ronin

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Now now gents.

Never been a big fan of Vettel myself, but one does not become a 4 (four !) times World Champion by coincidence or just because you have a car that is tailor made. The guy is definitely capable of something and deserves some credit. Where was Webber btw all that time? Not exactly a shabby or non-experienced driver, methinks ? I see Vettel's time at Ferrai as redemption time and as far as I'm concerned, 'Finger Boy' delivers. He's got my benefit of the doubt !

Of course, matching the level of Fernando Alonso or Stoffel Vandoorne is a different matter alltogether :P

I think he's a talented driver, no doubt but let's see how he gets on the next time he's teamed up with another driver in their prime like last season.

I've heard Vettel called Baby Schumi, but Finger Boy ? Good one ! :lol:

I forgot, what name did he give to his car this year ? :P

I've heard Vettel called Baby Schumi, but Finger Boy ? Good one ! :lol:

I forgot, what name did he give to his car this year ? :P

Eva ...

Not very inspiring. I preferred Kate's Dirty Little Sister :D

Btw, it's the Chinese who came up with the nick name, I kid you not:

vettel-fans-shan-2012-e1418131658202-886

Edited by ronin

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

My 6 year old daughter always cheers for the Ferraris so she was well pleased about the last race.

Her name is Eva, I've just told her and she's absolutely buzzing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we're going to get a pretty tight race tomorrow. Both Merc and Ferrari are in for the win. Looking forward to it :)  Despite the moral and political dilemma, Bahrain is usually bringing fantastic races. Hope Alonso gets into the points as well. Did a good job in quali.

But the main highlight of the day for me was Stoffel Vandoorne getting the win in GP2. Absolute mega performance. P1 in quali, P1 in the race and fastest lap ! The early safety car ruined his strategy and 10 laps to the end, he came out of the pits in 10th position with a + 20 second gap to the leader. Apparently he didn't get the memo and cut through the competition like a knife through butter to take the win with a 5 sec lead o0 Effing epic drive. GP2 > F1, nah !

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Only downside to F1 at the moment is Rosberg being a whiny bitch. Can't believe he expected Hamilton to slow down for him in China. He needs to change his attitude or he'll never compete on equal terms. 

• Like 2

Another great race for position in the back because up front all the same with merc ruling. Nice to see Ferrari back up front i imagine how Alonso os feeling when he was a lap down by ferrari

• 1 month later...

Time to get this topic back to life. Plenty of stuff happened.

- Hamilton finally signed for another three years at Merc

- Strategy Group is a joke. Proven once again.

- Ferrari, Williams and even McLaren are making progress. Remains to be seen if it's enough, but at least the fight behind Merc is becoming more interesting.

- Rosberg brought back some spice to the championship

- First race where Ted Kravitz doesn't wear shorts

- Bob Fernley from FI was just awesome in yesterday's press conference. Hero !

- Audi seems to be out for the moment, Toyota doesn't say no

- Helmut Marko is on a roll again

- We might get a new tire war and refueling, eek.

- Stoffel Vandoorne is kicking ass in GP2, woohoo ! Rossi is doing a great job as well, btw. Finishes on the podium pretty much every race. Wouldn't mind seeing him at Haas F1 next year.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Refuelling won't happen, costs too much and was too dangerous. Didn't really improve the show. All the teams are against it. 

Saying that when is F1 ever logical. 

Sunday's race will be decided tomorrow, will Rosberg play dirty again to secure pole position? He may have won the last 2 Monaco GP's but he has never won back to back GP's

Refuelling won't happen, costs too much and was too dangerous. Didn't really improve the show. All the teams are against it. 

Saying that when is F1 ever logical. 

Sunday's race will be decided tomorrow, will Rosberg play dirty again to secure pole position? He may have won the last 2 Monaco GP's but he has never won back to back GP's

I sure hope refueling never comes back. Most boring racing ever and way too dangerous and expensive. Same with those rock hard Michelin tires.

Apparently Rosberg and Hamilton toss coins at the start of the season. Odds are who gets first choice for qualifying. After that first race, they then take turns.  This year in Monaco, Lewis got first choice. Don't worry ;)

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

• 4 months later...

Probably gonna be back to business as usual in Suzuka, though I hope Ferrari does make that step forward. Time to spice things up a bit. In other news, Button. Should/will he stay or not? hmmmm ....

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

He's rumored to be involved in the next Top Gear...

Just don't know what to think of it anymore... This weekend was supposed to shed some light on his future and it just got more confusing. On the one hand I hope Jenson stays, cause he's a top lad and driver. On the other hand I hope Vandoorne get's the seat. Best F1 prospect since the Hulk/Hamilton days IMHO.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Jenson going to top gear sums up his career.

Apart from the season at Brawn he's always gone to the sinking ship after the glory years are over. He's not a bad driver just got bad timing 95% of the time.

Sorry, gotta say this, who the hell is going to watch "Top Gear"? no one right? I don't care who's in it, it's not James, Jeremy and Richard!

I can't wait until their show launches!

Sorry for off topic in your Formula topic :)

b2ExQd1.png

It is on topic in a way and reinforces my point. Jenson going to a good team at the wrong time. Gear Knobs will be the shit. Who even watches bbc anymore. Top Gear was their last offering and not even Jodie Kidd can keep me interested

• 4 weeks later...