Operation Blackpudding

ronin

Operation Blackpudding

2_1.jpg

New orders from HQ: Blackpudding, a rogue organisation is planning a shipment of a dangerous virus. Your mission: infiltrate the base and retrieve the package. Beware of the competition and the guards!

RSC Link

Details:

- contend capture

- 2 teams - 30 players max

- locked to Assault Rifle

- few explosive props

- actors: 2 harmless ground personnel + 1 scientist and the rest are guards equipped with Micro SMG and SMG

- each team starts with 2 Grangers only and respawns on foot near the capture point

- starting points are a 45 - 50 sec drive away from the base, capture points and respawn zones within running distance

- ambient time and weather

- 2 capture objects placed centrally

- 1 package can be carried per player

- target is 8 packages or 10 minutes

- idea was to make a capture - meets survival - meets TDM

- teamwork is necessary on this one !

Some pics:

tumblr_njm5n2EJrm1u4yirmo1_540.jpg

tumblr_njm5n2EJrm1u4yirmo2_1280.jpg

Edited by ronin
  • Like 3

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Ran this last night in G's PL...the NPCs seemed extremely aggressive and this turned into an NPC battle for me...with having to deal with NPCs like that and the opposing team, I'd prefer to start off with an assault rifle instead of the SMG...maybe get rid of the chopper and move the Titan further down the airstrip...all those vehicles and NPCs made this seem extra laggy on my end.

Still fun, very creative, and unique...def a challenge but in a good way.

Edited by SeymorScagneti
  • Like 2

Cheers Seymor !

This map contains the max amount of props, vehicles, actors, dymanic props, so that might be the reason why it was laggy. The vehicles are mainly intended as extra props and cover. Might be a good idea to remove that chopper. It was only there for 'added realism' anyway. As for the Titan, not sure I'll be able to move it. That thing is an absolute b*tch to place even on a flat piece of tarmac ...

As for the actors, they're all set to defensive and highly accurate. I don't feel like changing that too much. The max capacity of the capture s 30 players, so it shouldn't turn into a walk over. Replacing the SMG with the Assault Rifle is something to consider. I did not want to use a long range and powerful weapon because of all the potential explosives and because it's a small map. I guess the AR still fits that bill.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Cool idea and it played out pretty well. I think it was 5 on 5 and it was pretty full on. It was fairly difficult to get in and get the case because of the npcs.

If there were 30 players, I think it would be way to crazy. Maybe lower most of the actors accuracy or remove some so they aren't as much of a pain. I also had a bit of a problem locking onto enemies instead of npcs but that could have just been me.

It was a very fast paced game with a lot of kills. Good fun though.

Maybe a few tweaks are needed but it is quite complicated and will be hard to make it play well for both small lobbies and large lobbies.

scottyb1988.jpg

I loved it, it is plenty hard with a few people, I imagine it would be insane with a full lobby.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Fun fact. You can't break "gate" props with a vehicle.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Fun fact. You can't break "gate" props with a vehicle.

Yeah, i played a race on ps3 that was like "obstacle what" and they used those gates. They render at the last second and are hard to see anyway and they stop you dead in your tracks.. Rockstar physics :P

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Some changes made:

- SMG replaced by Assault Rifle

- Removed two actors

- Removed chopper and Mesa's and the Grangers near the capture points. Turned out the Model Memory was over the limit and since vehicles are always the main culprit, I had to make some choices there.

- Peds now turned off

@ Scotty: I was always told that the various auto-aim settings have different effects on the locking onto NCP's and enemies.  Something to do with prioritisation of targets, but don't know the full details.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

• 2 months later...

Played this and found it to be fun but very challenging with a small group. I would recommend a bit of cover between opposing home bases so the players can focus on the NPC's a bit more.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII