• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Pb76

• shortround

• zztop911

• 2 weeks later...

where do i begin....

my body is road map of pain valley and i have had more injuries than normal human should have

...im gonna just pick one

i slipped on a carpet when i was runing and i went against what muricans call "bulletproof glass" or "ballistic glass",

i know that the glass should take that kind of punishment but in my case it didnt and it shattered i hited my forhead on the door frame but my fists went trought the glass, it took doctors about 5 hours to put my left hand finger back together as it opened like damn fish from finger tip to the last joint and deep enough so the bone was showing, shard of glass went next to my middle finger on my right fist so i was like bloody wolverine giving a finger, also one shard went went from the otherside of the finger, also when i slipped i snapped my toe... this was just one of my minor injuries...xD

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I added to my list of injuries yesterday, had to have emergency laser eye surgery due to retina detachment, hopefully caught it before things get worse.

• 1 year later...

Well damn. I've done some stupid things, but for the most part, I've been pretty lucky.

I've really only sustained what I'd believe to be three relatively serious injuries. One, I broke the first joint in my right index finger by attempting to stop a kickball mid-flight with one finger ( I was 10, shut up D= ) . It's really hard to play computer games without your index finger, by the way. Two, I'd gotten a shard of iron in my eye while mining for amethyst. I was still quite young, and I'd spent all night just withering on the ground in pain before finally telling my mother when she'd woken up. Telling me to keep my eyes open while you're sitting there with a hand drill inches from my eye doesn't help, doctors. The last was probably the most serious, and it was an injury I had incurred while dead-lifting. Not entirely sure what happened, but mid-rep, I somehow ended up on the floor in some pretty moderate pain unable to move for about half an hour. For about a year afterwards, I couldn't bend over without my back giving out, and pain so intense that it prevented my from breathing, and not for lack of trying just involuntary muscular contraction.

Never did  go to the hospital for the last one... That'll probably catch up to me some day. I don't have problems now, so long as I keep my core nice and strong.

Edited by Booglies93

My worst injury other than a couple of broken noses. Happened when I was around 15 living in South Wales. I was in Air Cadets it was the 23rd of Feb 1980 (I remember the date as it was my dads birthday and parents wedding anniversary). We were doing a night exercise (war games), myself and another cadet were coming over a roof to capture the opposing squads hq. Around a chimney there was a mesh link fence we were slowly moving in front of the fence when I lent back and the fence sprung forward, resulting in myself impersonating super man with a dp 303 in my hands I soared of the roof like a cliff diver. Hit the floor like a ton of bricks and used my knee, ribs and an industrial bin to slow my descent. The result was 3 broken ribs, and a gash to the knee. the knee took 67 stitches and as they were cleaning it I could see my knee cap veins and bones etc. I couldn't help but laugh at the nurse who said I could audition for the Muppet show as the boy with two mouths. End result got home baby sat my siblings and parents had a nice anniversary dinner.

• Like 2

I've copped a lot of ridiculous injuries in the past, however nothing too major - I've also never broken a bone.. Yet. 

My most memorable injuries would have to be:

- When I was younger, I was ripping around my property with a quad bike and drove over something that made the quad flip backwards (happened so quick, I had no idea what I drove over), causing me to hit the back of my head on bitumen and I ended up landing flat on my ass.. with the quad on top of me. I only got a few cuts and bruises from that, and found it absolutely hilarious once I realised what happened. 

- Again, when I was younger; I fell a good distance out of a tree that had sticks poking up out of the ground under it, when I fell out of the tree I landed on my knees and managed to get my leg impaled by the sticks near the tree. When I got up I realised that the stick was actually fairly deep in my leg, so I pulled it out and it left a massive hole in my leg. Went in the house, cleaned it up and carried on with my day. However, when I checked my leg the next day I realised that I ended up getting an infection (The hole that the stick left was filled with green shit), which is the only time I went "Oh shit" :lol:. It ended up leaving quite an interesting looking scar on my leg. 

- Last ridiculous injury I had was a few years ago on halloween, when I managed to cut my thumb and index finger open on bamboo (to this day, I still have no idea how, as it was a perfect piece of bamboo), there was so much blood but only had to get a few stitches on my thumb, which ended up being quite annoying when trying to play playstation, as well as opening a break-action shotgun. 

Not gonna talk about the childhood broken bones or crashes at the drag strip or about dumb broad crashing into me and knocking under the trailer of an 18 wheeler or busted hands from bar fights. Those are pretty minor.

About all I can say.........I was support for an operation in a Central American country. Due to stupid circumstances, I got drawn into a more active role. Things went wrong due to very crappy intel and two men died and I awoke from a coma 10 days later in a damn Army hospital. I was in traction with no feeling in my legs. Three days later the feeling came back..........with a vengeance. They told me most people would have died from the explosion and being thrown like I was, but my conditioning and size saved me.I returned to full duty after a year of physical therapy and limited duty.  I had to relearn how to walk and only had minor nerve damage while still enlisted. I've fought pain from the day my feeling came back, kinda bittersweet. The VA still wants to operate on my back, but since I can still walk and even run a bit, that's not going to happen. I've had three minor surgeries to remove small pieces of shrapnel that didn't want to stay put and moved themselves against bone or nerves. I've picked out many that made their way to the surface and have one now on the backside of my elbow that had been bugging me for about 6 months, but I can't get to it myself to cut it out.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I was riding a skateboard once, going fast(ish) down the path in front of my house. I must have a hit a stone or something because I completely stopped so tried to shuffle myself forward. I ended up flying off it, landing awkwardly on my leg. I had to crawl home and when the paramedics came, they took one look at my leg, said it was broken and took me to hospital. Hours later, found out I just damaged my ligaments and had to rest for a few weeks, My ankle is still swollen a little and hurts sometimes.

I also fell off and on a wall. The time I fell off it, I was glad I wasn't a boy because my legs went either side of it and  I ended up having  to bandage both of my legs because I scrapped them to hell.

Last injury but 2 stories. I got a new bike and went riding on it. Managed to somehow fall off it, bumping my head and cutting my elbow. About a week later I did the exact same thing again, bumped my head and but my other elbow......last time I rode a bike. 

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

13 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Holy crap that's insane. Glad you're feeling (mostly) good now. 

What happened? Was it an accident ?

I have good and bad days, but most times I can cope.

Accident? Hell no! It was because of very poor intel from an operative in the region that had control of the operation. I don't remember anything from the actual incident, but from my debriefing about a month later, it was thought to have been an unmanned boobytrap or one with control. The spook in charge of the operation must be in his late 60s early 70s by now. If he is still living, I can only hope he dies a very painful slow death.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 6 months later...

Not sure how to begin, most of you wouldn't believe it all anyways.

Right now I am suffering from degenerative disc disease. In the last three years I have lost nearly 2 inches in height. I get regular injections into my spine to help with the pain, and am considering getting certain nerves burned off to help with the pain. I also have severe osteoarthritis, in all my joints. Which is why I haven't been playing GTA much anymore. I simply can't manipulate the controller to be anywhere near competitive.

I have been shot, stabbed, beat, crashed and shocked more than any person has a right to survive. If I listed it all, you wouldn't believe me.

But that lego accident chills my blood.

Apart from the bunkbed incident, I once had a strain while playing football.

I shot a corner and I immediately felt a huge pain on my leg. Kept me away from football for 3 months.

Concussion on my eyebrow in Phys Ed. I'll never run full speed in color tag ever again.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Bars and kitchens all my life, so a few knife accidents and burns.  Main ones would be having all my  upper teeth punched out defusing bar fights and right hand broken twice for the same reason. 

I broke my skull in three places falling off my bike over a wall whilst drunk a few years ago too.  Nothing lingering thankfully! 

when i was 14/15 i somehow managed to pour boiling water down my legs, apparently i screamed really loudly and i refused to go to the hospital or anything ended up with a huge hole in my foot across the top, i'm pretty sure i could see bone, anyway eventually had to go to the hospital and they cut off the surrounding skin and my mam said i did'nt make a noise, but the pain was a bitch, i now have a big circle scar across the top of my foot

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

nicolabellamy77.png

The summer before 7th grade, I guess around 11 years old, I was in a traffic accident (dad was driving) that resulted in having my left upper eye lid cut off.

The doctor did an amazing job reattaching it. Cam barely even see the scar today.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm accident prone. Incredibly accident prone. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been to a hospital and had surgery - and I'm only 20. The worst ones I can think of are: When I was 6 I slammed my thumb in the hinge side of a heavy door, which took my thumbnail off. When I was 7 I had a glass door slammed onto me which resulted in a scar on either arm, taking up 45 stitches. When I was 14 I fractured my vertebrate, resulting in me now having screws and rods on my spine holding everything in place.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Not really a bad one but it's a recent one. 

Last week my female friend was cooking and three times she put her hand on a hot pan that had been in the oven. No major damage done but I laughed at her for not learning the first or second time she did it. 

Last night we were cooking and I said that I'll deal with the hot pans as she was really silly last week. Everything going fine, used nice thick oven protectors to take the pan out of the oven. Then I grabbed the handle with my bare hand. She laughed lots. I had to hold ice cold beer in my hand for the rest of the evening. Managed to game through the pain too :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was using a 1/16 wood bit and putting too much downward pressure at a bad angle while drilling, that caused the bit to bend & break as the jagged bit drilled through the side of my finger & twisted my whole arm and took out a chunk of flesh off in the process. Surprisingly it grew back over time with no scaring what so ever & did not bleed much during the time of the injury in 2015. 

I was running barefoot outside & stepped on a piece of wood with a nail sticking out, I lifted up my foot and the board lifted with it, that nail went in deep.

There was another cringe-worthy injury but I ain't putting it on here.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't say I'm accident prone, I'd say I'm unlucky.

The worst pain I've ever been in was last July when I broke my collar bone playing in pre season a 5-a-side football tournament. I play(ed) in goal, and with about 10 seconds of the last match to go a through ball comes in which I rush out to clear. Got to the ball first, but also ran straight into someone. Heard a crunch, and went down. What pisses me off is that this guy was about 5'4" and 9st and I ended up worse. Anyway, the doctor at the hospital said I'd be ok to play again within 6 weeks. Spent a month basically watching tv because I couldn't move my entire arm or shoulder so couldn't play games. My god it dragged. There's only so much homes under the hammer you can watch. So after 9/10 weeks in early October last year I played again. Proper sunday league match. Shoulder felt fine. In the 2nd half the opposition were awarded a penalty for a handball (which was never a handball. It hit my teammate in the chest. I saw it from 2 metres away). As I dived for the penalty I caught the ball and landed on my shoulder. ...and broke my collar bone again. ...Doctor said I shouldn't play until April. It got to March and I missed playing so I had a kick about with a few mates. Ended up snapping a ligament in my ankle and was on crutches for a month. -.-

So yeah, other than that I haven't had any major injuries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fell out the fire escape on a large coach going round a roundabout when I was like 11, slipped and hit the emergency bar to open the door at the rear of said bus, landed on my head, clean KO thankfully. I was pretty fucked for a few weeks but just glad I returned to myself (I think) seat belts are underrated imo.

also managed to break my arm in a soft play area when I was like 5. (Soft my arse) 

used to do all amounts of stupid shit but I actually appreciate the fragility of life these days and usually like to see someone else try whatever terrible idea it may be before I do it myself. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah I also KO'd myself playing 'it' on the playground before school when I was about 8. It was icy and I slipped. Woke up in the Headmaster's office with one of the sacred and magical blue paper towels on my head. Got sent home. Played Simpsons Hit & Run all day.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

seat belts are underrated imo.

Absolutely.

Takes a few seconds to put it on.

I was in a nasty crash when I was about 15, rolled several times at 70+ going downhill, no seatbelt, thought I was gonna die. I've no idea how, but I walked away without a scratch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Absolutely.

Takes a few seconds to put it on.

I was in a nasty crash when I was about 15, rolled several times at 70+ going downhill, no seatbelt, thought I was gonna die. I've no idea how, but I walked away without a scratch.

Jesus. That must have been absolutely terrifying. Can't understand why people don't wear them, same goes for drink driving, I mean Why the fuck would you. Never been in a bad crash myself but there has been some seriously close ones.