Your worst IRL injury....

Pb76

I have had a few bumps and scrapes but the worst are:

Stabbed in the neck by a snapped off car antenna.

Stabbed in the leg with a steak knife.

Put my head through the windscreen after t boning a car at 50ish mph.

Pint glass in the face.

And most painful of all, torn scapula muscle.

Never spent a night in hospital though...

Ah I miss my youth....

That Lego brick sounds nasty though van :lol:

• Like 3

yFn5uY6.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Pb76

• Danielle

• Mailbox_Bomber

Had a few like. broke my right little finger, elbow and collar bone on a bmx.

Literally fallen flat on my face drunk and broke my nose twice.

Went down the 24hr garage pissed to buy cigarettes on my bike, bunny hopped onto a kerb, fell off and snapped my ACL off the top of my tibia and sprained my medial collateral ligament. The moral to that one being smoking is bad for you.  :P

Doing a downhill race on my mountain bike i fell over on a turn, dislocated my right shoulder and snapped my humerus just below the shoulder joint. Didn't hurt till the medics on site tried to relocate my shoulder by lifting and rotating my arm not knowing my arm was snapped. That fucking hurt!!! Surgery left me with a plate, several screws and a lovely scar.  :)

qMYhsrt.jpg

• Like 4

I was 18, young and stupid, was going around 120km/h (75mph?) on motorbike, no helmet, t-shirt and shorts (Yes i was young, and very stupid) it was on the countryroad at summer, and it had rained a bit earlier, at the side of the road it was deep and muddy cause of the tractors and harvesters had made a kind of a ditch, so i accidentally hit the ditch, and the bike disappeared away under me, i got thrown to the side and hit the tarmac hard, rolling over quite a long time. To all my luck in the world, i had a busted knee, some scratches here and there, and broke my tailbone!

I was in bed for a few months, but nothing serious happened, i have never since driven a car without a seatbelt, or motorcycle without helmet and protectors!

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

nothing to horrific on my end put my hand thru a window one time by accident stitches on my wrist and knuckles

when little wrecked my bike got stitches in my knee

another bike wreck into mailboxes slicing my forearm open more stitches.

broke left thumb couple of times playing sports 

4 confirmed concussions while playing american football for 11 years

and some broken ribs again football injury

• Like 1

Any funny weird injurys? I once blacked out from choking on soft serve ice cream. It was pretty embarrassing, got hot fudge Sunday all over myself. My friend thought it was terribly amusing however.

ha. I almost knocked myself out once. 

It was laundry day, so I put all my stuff in a duffle bag and went to the laundromat. Well, the damn zipper on the bag stuck and after a few minutes of messing with it I got pissed and put my foot through on of the handholds, and heaved up on the zipper with all I had. Then the tab on the zipper broke off and my combined hands came screaming towards my face at mach 5. hit myself on the upper lip, staggered backwards into a dryer stack and fell over. There was nobody there, thankfully and after I recovered myself I noticed a lone security camera pointed right at the spot. I doubt those things are even watched, but I really hope some underpaid security guy saw that shit happen. Oh, I also permanently bent back a few teeth on the right side of my face. Just a little bit.  

• Like 3

Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious!! That literally made me laugh so hard I woke my girlfriend. I could perfectly picture it. Good stuff bomber thanks for sharing, I really hope someone caught that footage, I'm sure it was priceless.

Edited by ibsmokin
  • Like 1

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

Crashed and rolled (several times) a cheaply made, Japanese, late 80's hatchback at around 90MPH while going downhill with no seatbelt - walked away without a scratch on me.

Funnily enough, there was an ambulance coming the other way, so if me and my friends were hurt, we would have got some medical attention immediately. I was as white as a ghost, but I always use a seatbelt now!

I also had an accident with a fence, again in my younger days. Tried to climb a spikey metal fence with my friends to steal a couple of coaches, the fence was wet, I slipped off and a spike went right into my tricep, the wound was too wide to stitch so they chopped off the flesh that was just about hanging on and jabbed the exposed muscle with some numbing stuff.

I was fine until I looked at my arm, I could see the muscle and the veins, then I passed out... Not cool.

• Like 4

Rolled my dirt track racing car, it flipped on its nose and the steering column dislocated my kneecap. The medic on track put it back in place ( oww) but I had to go to hospital for X-rays and had to walk with a crutch for a few weeks .

The car was totalled, I have the crash on VHS video somewhere, I'll have to see if I can digitise it for your amusement....

• Like 2

I lost a good chunk of my right calf to a neighbour's guard dog. I was on a bike. Couldn't pedal fast enough to get away. 16 stitches. 2 weeks in hospital and a month on crutches. 

I flew off a trampoline and dislocated my thumb and i've had 3 head wounds that needed stitching from playing hurling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE

Edited by SIaineMcRoth
  • Like 1

Well I can't beat Van but worst I've had is broken foot.

On a motorcycle of course! Broke 3 metatarsals and doc said all the tendons looked like spaghetti. 2 pins and 3 screws, some are still in me.

I was riding my dirt bike on a 120 mile ride up in the California mountains wearing full protective gear. I've always said no matter how much gear costs, it's way cheaper than hospital bills. Going downhill I lost the front end and by foot was crushed between a large flat rock and the bike's frame. Some other riders found me, checked me out and got me up and my bike started. I then had to ride the bike out 20 miles and found a ranger at the camp grounds I was staying at. Never take the boot off until you have medial attention.

I've crashed a lot more times off-road and a couple times on-road and thanks to good protective gear I've only had bruises and never had bad road rash.

• Like 1

Never broke a single bone in my body and I intend to keep it that way. Did have some nasty flesh wounds and daft accidents though.

- fell with my bike around the age of 8.  The pedal pierced part of my anckle. Was able to see the bones and joint moving before I passed out. Still have a small scar just below my right anckle

- got injured twice during karate practise. Once got kicked full on the mouth causing my teeth to get stuck in my upper lip. Real fun trying to get my lip loose again with blood pissing everywhere ... second time was my own fault as I stepped onto a low door handle while walking backwards during an exercise. It caused a nasty cut in my heel. Had to do my exam for brown belt straight after, but I passed.  The floor of the dojo was full of blood stains afterwards and I wasn't feeling so well :D

- smacked my head once against a wooden log in my old appartment (it was a sort of restored penthouse under the roof of a barn with some low logs and beams...). Knocked myself out and had a concussion as a result ...

- once had hypothermia after a skiing accident. Deep snow, I fell and my hand and stick got stuck under my ski. It took my at least 30 mins to get out of that situation. Once back at the hotel I collapsed. Turned out snow had slipped into my gloves and sleeves and cooled me down more then my body could handle. Very nasty experience, especially when they warm you up again. Nausea, hallucinations, panic attacks, ...

- last one was a few years ago. Sunday afternoon, working alone in my house when I cut myself with a grinder just above my left knee. 2 inch cut, 0.5 inch deep, blood everywhere, no one else around. Had to patch myself up. I did get compliments from my doctor the day after. He was quite impressed with my bandage skills :) Still have a scar of that. Sometimes it still hurts, especially when there are big temperature changes...

- as a DIY guy, there's been plenty of little cuts and bruises and knocking on fingers, but so far without any dramatic results :)

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Most embarrassing: I ran into a metal pole during P.E. class in middle school...it knocked me out and blasted the f out of my ear...lost some cartilage and needed stitches.

Most painful: broken ankle playing basketball.

Most hellish: concussions.

• Like 1

broken my nose during kickboxing,  multiple bruised ribs, i dont have anyfeeling anymore in both of my shins, and when in basic training i got my hands almost frozen, so with a little cold weather they hurt like hell

My worst and almost last was at the age of two when I sustained serious head injuries, I was thrown from my car seat into the windscreen when a truck hit our car, back then seatbelt (and indeed car) safety was nowhere near as good as it is today.

A diving incident at a swimming pool over 30 years ago has come back to haunt me. I broke a front tooth in half exposing the root, the tooth was crowned and up until a few months ago was fine. Now the nerve is starting to give me grief (could be the crown reaching end of life) the dentist has suggested root canal and a new crown...needless to say I haven't had it done just yet.

I have a titanium plate screwed in my jaw thanks to some tw@t breaking my jaw in an assault. A group of us were minding our own business walking to a taxi rank after a night clubbing and thanks to being pi$$ed I didn't have a chance to defend myself. The blow was so sever it also split a wisdom tooth in two. My mouth was wired up for over five weeks and all food had to be blended and drank through a straw (McDonalds straws came in handy)......... after a couple of weeks back at work I fell off my cycle landing head first, broke my helmet, cuts to face and chin...... it wasn't a good period.

Split a bone in my hand the day before going on holiday to Spain.

Several other cycling incidents resulting in relatively minor injuries.

Edited by FRMJ1

Had a few like. broke my right little finger, elbow and collar bone on a bmx.

Literally fallen flat on my face drunk and broke my nose twice.

Went down the 24hr garage pissed to buy cigarettes on my bike, bunny hopped onto a kerb, fell off and snapped my ACL off the top of my tibia and sprained my medial collateral ligament. The moral to that one being smoking is bad for you.  :P

Doing a downhill race on my mountain bike i fell over on a turn, dislocated my right shoulder and snapped my humerus just below the shoulder joint. Didn't hurt till the medics on site tried to relocate my shoulder by lifting and rotating my arm not knowing my arm was snapped. That fucking hurt!!! Surgery left me with a plate, several screws and a lovely scar.  :)

qMYhsrt.jpg

As a medic in Canada, we are trained NOT to set or relocate broken or dislocated bones and joints, but to simply stabilize them and transport them to the ER. If i, as a medic, were to try to set a broken humerus, for instance, and inadvertantly severed the brachial artery my patient could possibly bleed out before even arriving to the ER. You never know what kind of underlying injuries there may be. Especially when it comes to spinal injuries. Never, NEVER move a patient that has even the smallest chance of a spinal injury until you can safely rule it out.

Thats my rant, thanks for your time ;)

• Like 3

i played or did the following activities/sports growing up: football (soccer), american football, greco roman wrestling, kung fu and mountain biking.

I have lifelong injuries from all of these activities xD

Some worse than others like:

-a complete mcl/acl tear in wrestling. I was in a match and i tried to do a belly to back suplex on a much heavier opponent (outweighed me by about 75 lbs). He went limp and all his weight came down on my one knee as i was lifting and i was actually pinned underneath him with my knee bending the opposite way. 

-hairline fracture on my ulna and broken collarbone while biking on a mountain. took me 4 hours to get to the hospital because we were in the middle of nowhere. 

Football (soccer) was not kind to me....but then again i played very reckless, constantly putting my body on the line. Got kicked, punched and hurt many, many times but gave up few goals! lol

-broken fingers from playing football. I was goalie, Broke my pinky on my right hand twice, and my ring finger once. 

-a broken jaw. Came out the box to challenge a play. The ball was in the air i jumped up to try and catch it with my hands and another opposing player jumped up trying do a header. He missed, caught me right in my jaw, knocked me out cold. All i remember was going up for the ball, then darkness, pain and the distinct smell of grass and blood. 

I loved football, I played for around 6 years but quit because of bullshit. The coach's son played with us and he would often bully the other players. One day we all approached the coach and told him what was going on and he responded with "so what?" i quit the team on the spot. 

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I fuc*ing living it right now. Torn cuff, bone spurs, cysts, bursitis, and a erection that has lasted more than 5 days.

2 weeks post OP from shoulder surgery as of yesterday. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

....and a erection that has lasted more than 5 days.

Is that a bad injury? Sure some people would think thats a bonus. Do I want to do know how something like that happens?

going to be a challenge when I go to church tomorrow

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg