Dastardly Deeds

DeaD_GooN

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It was probably almost a month ago when I played it in a PL and we played it for about 45mins or more (goal was to win 3 rounds, ended 3-2), but thanks to that, I can remember it very well.

First of all, as a suggestion to all future PL hosts who want to include this in their PLs: it would be wise to make it 1 round only :lol:  It'll last at least 8mins and about 10mins on average with 1 round. If you want to play longer, make it 2 rounds. 3 is overkill :lol:

Secondly, it's a solid capture. The actors put up a proper fight, they're like the third team in the capture, so if that was the plan, it works. The capture items are also in the right places and it's a proper fight between the members of the 2 teams to get the bags. After that, there's the challenge of getting out of there alive, because the actors will most likely finish you off if you rush foolishly straight through a bunch of them. So strategy and/or good teamwork is required here, that's always good.

Finally, the starting vehicles are all fine, but there's a problem that's been haunting several captures recently: the respawn vehicles are broken. And I mean BROKEN - they're about 2 bullet hits away from blowing up. The engine is hardly working, the car is smoking and it's a bit of a death trap. Idk, if it can be fixed by the creator, but I would try reassigning the respawn vehicles or changing them altogether. This bug has absolutely ruined some captures with plane/helicopter respawns, because you'll just crash right away with them due to engine failures.

To sum up: this capture is perhaps more challenging than many others, is well balanced IMO and works fine, but has the broken vehicle respawn problem that has ruined several captures in recent months.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review, man.

It should be set to 1 round by default. If it's not Rockstar probably messed it up.

The actors are there to add an extra challenge. Don't want anyone just running in, grabbing a package, and taking off with zero resistance.

As far as the vehicle thing, I have actually not seen this bug yet. The only thing I know to do, would be to place vehicles near an on-foot respawn area. I feel like the vehicle supply would run out rather quickly though.

I will have a look at it and see what I can do.

• Like 1

Yeah, it is 1 round by default, but Xyon (I believe it was her) changed it to 3 :lol:

Yeah, respawning in vehicles is absolutely necessary, but it'd be better if they weren't broken :)