Is RDR doomed at this point?

JustHatched

DO you think R* has messed with this beta thing for RDR to long to be even remotely as successful as GTAV? 

If so, can R* fix it to bring the hype back?

I think many have been turned away, I was highly optimistic about it but found I haven't had the urge to play for a few weeks. I do think if they ever add crew functions and editable playlists that will help. I think adding a creator and editor would be huge for RDR cuz I certainly think the creator in GTA is what has kept it going for so long.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The game is good, but it feels empty without private sessions and separate modes. Also those dead-eye cards are the biggest sh*t I've seen in a R* game, I can't really understand who thought it was a good idea to have them in the game. GTA Online had lots of possibilities, but the servers weren't good, and here it's exactly the opposite.

Edited by VALL_es
  • Like 2

I still don't have the game purely because I didn't really see the online offering much to me. You just can't have that same kind of variety that GTA can give, that said, I am sure for people who are well into the era and some roleplaying it probably has a lot of merit.

There was a lot of discussion pre-launch with people talking about it like it would swipe GTA away, but I just don't see it being possible. Unless they go all Wild Wild West and start with weird machines in it.

I will definitely get the game at some point, but with it being only of much interest to me as an offline thing I personally didn't see the value in it as a full price game. 

Edited by doubleg213

GTA worked because you could do so much in the game, you could race, shoot, collect cars, create jobs, so much other stuff. RDR Online only has the combat side  and there’s a lot of other games which do combat much better than RDR. 

As a single player experience it’s hard to compete with but there’s just not enough to do online to appeal to the masses. Without that mass market pumping money into microtransactions Rockstar will soon start thinking about their next project instead of committing to RDR. 

• Like 2

I agree with all of the above. 

R* should just (in gta online):

add a new island/world

add all modes to the creator

allow h2h to use all modes

add non-military/futuristic/overpowered-vehicles lobbies

add those handling flags to all cars (or remove them)

turn social club back to suit gta

..and I will pay the same money i did for rdr2.

I don't think it's all said and done for RDO. I think there's so much potential there for them to ride on. 

I just feel they're playing the slow game with everything to try and pace out their personal timeline. 

They're seemingly trying to prolong the life of GTAO on V and extending the birthing faze of RDO. Which i can only assume is so the players are "potentially"..  putting in time on the titles whilst they work on other titles in the background. I think by doing that they're probably thining out the dev teams working on each project which within itself extends the time periods.

Rockstar has been notorious for not giving a rabbit's *ss about the complaints and frustration players have. They know that when they drop the next big thing whether it be game or mode.. players jump on it real quick. 

The whole experiment at the moment on RDO seems to be in the Adversaries modes creating battle royale expierences. 

I think they'd be better creating walks of life paths in the freeroam.  Like GTAO has CEO and MC. They should open some sort of equivalents for white hats and black hats. Hell I'd even build a rancher experience if I were them at this point. Anything to get the title over enough to make sure players are still investing time into the product. 

• Like 1

IMO RDO was doomed from the start under R*’s guidance...

The story mode is apparently ‘game of the year’ stuff but will only be neglected as they push online.

From what I have been told and read RDO can be flat out boring, I am sure there is a niche crowd that will love the whole cowboy thing and for Roleplay Crews there are great opportunities but it’s just not as appealing to the masses that supported GTAO for years.

I don’t think that RDO will never be the online success that GTAO was, maybe they should focus on single player paid DLC to lengthen the games longevity.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

On 4/17/2019 at 5:10 AM, JuniorChubb said:

IMO RDO was doomed from the start under R*’s guidance...

The story mode is apparently ‘game of the year’ stuff but will only be neglected as they push online.

From what I have been told and read RDO can be flat out boring, I am sure there is a niche crowd that will love the whole cowboy thing and for Roleplay Crews there are great opportunities but it’s just not as appealing to the masses that supported GTAO for years.

I don’t think that RDO will never be the online success that GTAO was, maybe they should focus on single player paid DLC to lengthen the games longevity.

The story mode is really beyond words in how good it is

I never thought RDRO would be as much a success as GTAO but man, it has a heap of potential to be so much more than it is and I just don't get what R* is thinking with it. 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just seen an interesting point being raised while watching a GTA 6 rumour video. 

One of the presenters says he’s had to delete RDR purely because of the amount of space it takes up. It’s a colossal game in terms of file size and seeing as games are always getting bigger and our libraries are expanding especially with the fantastic free ps plus games you have to make the space where you can. 

Do you have 1 game or have 3 games taking up the same file space. RDR definitely seems to be the game people are putting to one side in order to have more options for gaming on a daily basis. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:22 PM, Sinister said:

Supposedly a large update is coming out soon.

Let's hope you are right. If they add the ability to pick the jobs you want to play and invite crew members then the game will be pretty much what it should be

• Like 1

I am just affraid that the organized crew/posse crowd is not big enough for those functions to be a priority.

4 minutes ago, Lann said:

I am just affraid that the organized crew/posse crowd is not big enough for those functions to be a priority.

Well, maybe not now, but when it was released the community was there for it

39 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Well, maybe not now, but when it was released the community was there for it

Indeed, but still. Are the players, who (like us) play organized with a group, enough in numbers to matter for R*? 

If its something like a percent or less of the entire numbers of players the development will rather focus on keeping all the ”randoms” in game.

But i still hope they can copy and improve some features from gta. Maybe when the actual finished game is released.

• Like 1

The game is out of Beta and a big update just hit. They are promising that even more is on the way by the Summer. R* said they learned a lot from GTAO and are utilizing that knowledge with this game.

R* also says the game is doing better than GTAO was at this same point. It may take some time but even I feel that this game will receive plenty of attention form the developer for some time.

Did GTAO have Crew lobbies from day 1?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Pretty sure they did as far as I can remember because I don’t remember reading “Introducing Crew Sessions...”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sinister said:

I picked up GTA around day 7 and crew lobbies were there then

Then I wouldn't count on them being in this one.  All the newest businesses in GTAO requiring the player to be in a public lobby make this pretty clear to me.

R* knows that micro transactions are maximized by an overly chaotic free roam mess.  

I'm hoping that at least the ability to create playlists and gather in jobs with crew members/friends becomes a reality.

• Like 1