New Years resolution

ScottyB

I am with Kristen. I need to spend more time focusing on my music. I have been playing a lot of guitar but mostly playing along with other songs and not working on my stuff. Also, start learning Finnish. And visit my family in Brazil next christmas (it has been over one year since I don't see them). 

• Like 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• ScottyB

• JustHatched

• Fido_le_muet

Well, lets just say I haven't been very active IRL during 2014 and this crew is very likely to be the reason.

I have to go back to my music in 2015, I have a studio upstairs costing me and the Mrs well over £10K and it's currently used for online gaming... Not cool. 2013 was such a busy year for me, I put a lot into my self-promotion, multiple bookings, studio time with big names and 4 top 100 releases in the UK Hardcore chart on Trackitdown.net. I had a lot of aims, goals and targets and I still have them, but being 12 months behind on the whole scene that I am in doesn't help.

I don't really have any desire to work my fingers to the bone in a gym, anyway you've gotta be on steroids and have a fake tan to actually be allowed inside a gym in South Wales  :lol:. I get the whole 'I wanna be fit' thing, but shit, some people allow the gym and their perfect appearance rule their life and it then massively affects their personality. I don't need to have arms the size of tree trunks and I doubt I'll be pulling trucks with my head any time soon.

This one isn't really a resolution, the thought of having a child is something that has entered my mind a few times over the past 6 months, I'm 26 in a few days and life will pass me by if I'm not careful.

I also plan to take over the world, but that's another story!

Remember, the key to be successful is you've gotta believe!

Wow that's an expensive gaming system! :P what's funny is everyone seems to spend way to much time on the PlayStation and mostly due to this crew, me included.

I don't intend for that to change too much as I have a lot of fun with you guys, but what I do intend to change is to balance it out and spend a bit of time doing other things along with gaming.

It sucks how life gets so in the way of your own free time but i guess you need to prioritise what you want and just do it..

The gym here is the same too how there are lots of guys on steroids and even if they aren't most are still dicks.. I don't like the stigma to exercise, while its a good thing, it turns fun activities like mountain bike riding into I have to exercise not I want to go out cause it's fun..

I was at a stage where I did want to look like that, but soon realised that it's literally a lifestyle and you must commit all your spare time to exercising and eating right and you can't ever stop otherwise you will lose it very quickly.. But as said before it's more about the mental wellbeing, energy and motivation that is an awesome outcome of it.

[quote name="zmurko" post="63035" timestamp=

Looks like we're all in the same boat, I need to start excercising again too, running, biking, hiking, ... Get those endorphines flowing again. Hoping to spend a day or two (or three...) on the skiis too, haven't skied last winter at all. :(

Oh and get a PS4!

Because of my knee operation I didn't get to go snowboarding this year and ther year before was a struggle so I'm hoping I can regain enough strength to full enjoy it this year!

Good to hear everyone's goals and I wish you all the best in pursuing and achieving them!

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've never been big on resolutions for the New Year.  I still love my goals though.  Post up some of the things you wish to accomplish in 2016.  

Jag Goals:

- Continue going to the gym, 2-3x a week.

- Get rid of all clutter/unnecessary items from my house.

- Donate more.  Even if it's not monetary, I have plenty of clothing/toys/household items that can be handed down to those in need.

- Vacation more.  Even if it's just "stay-cation" style.  Would like to go to the San Diego Zoo for my "far away" travel with the kids.

There's a chance this list will grow as the year progresses.  ADHD stops me from focusing on long-term goals.  :lol:

• Like 3

This is last years one, http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/4795-new-years-resolution/?hl=%2Bnew+%2Byears+%2Bresolution

How did everyone go in achieving what they set out to do?

I personally didn't go so well and would probably consider 2015 to be one of the worst years of my life. It depends on how you look at it though since there are always many different ways to interpret something and definitely more than one side to the story. I've pretty much hit rock bottom in all areas of my life although It's been heading in that direction for the last 3 years or so but now I've made some tough decisions which have made all this become a reality which is quite scary and confronting but needed to be done in order to move forward.

Making these decisions is already a massive achievement and anything else i do this year will be an improvement and that's more than I could ask for. The worst thing anyone can do in any area of their life is become complacent. What I've learnt (the hard way, is there really any other way?) is that you need to keep improving and developing yourself and your life. If you let anything be without nurturing it, it will slowly die and become boring. This really includes everything from relationships with your partners, family and friends to your hobbies and your education and fitness.

I do have several goals that I would like to achieve and have wanted for many years and now is the time to start chasing these goals to help enrich my life.

The biggest one however, which will guide me through everything else is to really discover who I am and what I value in life. I have lost my way over the years and now is the perfect time to rebuild it and find out what makes me want to jump out of the bed in the morning and what makes me excited to be alive.

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg

I know what i should be doing:

Get back into excercise.

Less focus on GTA and XDBX.

Stop eating crap.

Drink more water.

Focus on family.

But more than anything, be thankful for what i have and try to enjoy it.

• Like 3

1. Lose a bit of weight

2. Do more mountain biking and go to the swimming pool on a regular basis

3. Finally get a proper game night with you guys!

Well, I achieved 1 (barely) and 3. Not even close to 2 though !

What I hope will happen but probably won't :

1. Show my girlfriend how much I love her on a much more regular basis with small nice attentions (flowers, surprises, restaurants...)
  2. Buy a house and then go forward in life
  3. Depends on #2 but hopefully start a family by the end of the year.
  4. Go out more, be more physically active (register in a sports club like I should have done already)
  5. Get back on my bike and do a lot more sport (already said sad last year...)
  6. Go to more automotive events
  7. Try to become a decent photographer, learn to take beautiful pictures, wake up in the morning to snap beautiful pictures under the rising sun when the light is amazing. Not just take pictures of cars, find other sources of inspirations (and then destroy you all at the Photo of the Week contest)
  8. Continue negotiating with the GF to get a weekly gaming night (#1 may help)
  9. Meet at least one of you guys IRL and go have some drinks !
  10. I wanted to go to ten but ran out of ideas :D
  • Like 4

:lol:

Looks like we're all in the same boat, I need to start excercising again too, running, biking, hiking, ... Get those endorphines flowing again. Hoping to spend a day or two (or three...) on the skiis too, haven't skied last winter at all. :(

Oh and get a PS4!

Well, still no PS4...

I did spend 1 (ONE) day on the ski slopes.  :rolleyes:

And I guess I did kind of excercise ... for about a month with my morning walk/run in the summer. Unless you can count riding the bike to/from work for 2-3 months as well.

Importnant question though ... did Banks master the art of yodelling in 2015?

• Like 1

I'd rather not do the resolution, last year resolutions kind of didn't go exactly to plan.

I guess just doing stuff I should be doing instead of wasting time on all sorts of other nonsense would be good enough.

Oh and maybe finally get a PS4, didnt happen in 2015 (http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/4795-new-years-resolution/?p=63035).

• Like 1

Well 2015 ended up going to hell, at the start of the year I became ill and the rest of the year seems to have been a bit of a blur, probably because of the various medications I've had to try. I ended up having to sell my kit car as I can't really drive much now and had to pay people to finish my house which I now have to sell. I'm going to stay positive here though as I at least have a plan:

1) Sell my house and retire from work (I'm on reduced hours anyway which they won't stomach forever).

2) Buy a cheaper house near the coast somewhere in England with no mortgage.

3) Concentrate on making my console repair/modification hobby more of a small business.

Oh and 

4) Beat Zmurko in a race - Already done  :lol:

I merged both the resolution topics.

I don't really make resolutions, though there is things I should do if I were to do them.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have been studying in a private college, which is 3 or 4 times more expensive than a public one so my goal for 2016:

Going to a public college.

And also buying a new car. A turbo diesel volkswagen polo or golf. I want it so much!!!!!!

10 things PB will (almost certainly try to) do in 2016

1. Take more photos with a 'real' camera.

I own a good 'bridge' camera (more functions than a point-and-shoot but not as good as a SLR) but rarely use it. I'm going to take it with me whenever possible and try and get some good quality pics instead of settling for the average results my phone provides (even though it doesn't fit in my pocket like my phone does)

2. Finish painting the garage

Sounds easy (and dull) but I'm not painting it one colour. Me and the kids started painting a mural on the interior walls in 2012, for various reasons we only finished one wall. This year we're gonna get the rest done (hell, we might even do the floor!)

3. Continue to eat healthily

Midway through last year I decided I was going to change my diet by cutting out almost all of the shit. It was tough going as I was a chocolate addict but I stuck with it and I feel much better for it.

4. Ride my bike even more

Last year, my only real new year resolution was to ride my bike more. I did. This year I want to continue that and bring my youngest daughter with me more often. She came along a few times last year and amazed me with her strength and stamina ("call that a hill?" became her catchphrase)

5. Do more family stuff

Whether it's a family day out, a cup of tea with my mam, a bike ride as mentioned above or a playlist with my xDBx 'family'. I will be more involved.

6. Sort the house

There's a few DIY jobs need doing, a few things need replacing/upgrading. No more putting it off, they gittin' done!

7. Retire from football

I've never played for over a year (and it's been a few years since I played anywhere near competitively) so I will officially announce my retirement sometime this year. Sorry Roy*........

8. Drive something with a v8

The possibility of me owning a v8 powered vehicle diminishes as time goes on. There are plenty of ways to drive one without the financial burdens of ownership. I will be exploring some options.

9. Visit the USA

This may not happen this year, although it's 50/50. (This could help with resolution 8).

10. Be more creative

This ties in with resolutions 1 and 2, and potentially, 5 and 6. As well as other stuff.

*Roy Hodgson, England manager

TL:DR........do stuff, have fun

@PB, if you come to the USA I will hook you up with #8

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Forgot to mention that I wanted to achieve 5,000,000 lifetime steps on my Fitbit by the end of 2016.

Here is where I currently stand as of today.

lifetime%20steps_zps2f6ivf8m.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3 January 2016 at 2:11 PM, Pb76 said:

10 things PB will (almost certainly try to) do in 2016

Hidden Content

TL:DR........do stuff, have fun

A brief update

1. After a good start, I'm slacking on this one.

2. Not yet, but once it's a bit warmer.....

3. Yip, still maintaining this.

4. This time last year I'd clocked up a grand total of 4.4miles. This year, approximately 180.

5. Yep

6. Yep, a few things done. Still a lot to do though.

7. Not officially yet, might wait and see if I make the squad for Euro 2016.

8. See 9 (although there's something else in the pipeline)

9. Yup. Booked. 

10. Yip

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pb76 said:

A brief update

Hidden Content

It's going nicely so far ! So great about #9. Will you be going close to one of our US friends ?

• Like 1

Gimme a date PB, I may have to be in florida

Well this year rapidly went to shit, but here's an update for anyone that's interested.....

1. Still haven't used my camera much. I plan to throw myself into once I get myself sorted

2.Not sure this will ever get done now.
3. Still keeping this one up
4. 736 miles clocked up so far this year.
5. Yup. Sort of....
6. Given up, possible new project soon.
7. I didn't make the euro 2016 squad.
8. Did 3 laps in the cars below
9. Although this is booked, sadly it may not happen.
10. I've all but given up with this for now.

YeIjTne.jpgWfIGGb9.jpg

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

SO how was the drive in those 2 cars @Pb76?