New Years resolution

ScottyB

Ive never really been one to follow through or care much about doing a New Years resolution, but it would be interesting to see who does and what you want to achieve in the new year.

It will be good to write it down (here or elsewhere) as that provides you with a sense of commitment because you have written it down and also told people thus making it real which should help you achieve the Goals more then just having them in your head or telling a few people :P

So I'll start it off with not so much a resolution but more of goals that I would like to achieve in the coming year.

1. To balance my lifestyle. There are many things I enjoy doing but I neglect everything and only do one or 2 things which doesn't lead to a fulfilling life (or the one the one that I want). With balancing my lifestyle that will help me achieve actually spending time on things that matter and will point me in the right direction. Most of these things are listed below.

2. Same thing everyone says is to lose weight :P 8 months ago I had knee surgery which put me out of work for 3months so I have lost all my fitness and put on a bit of weight. So the goal is more to regain my fitness and do some weights to gain some strength back and to properly rehabilitate me leg. (I can do day to day stuff but there is still a bit to go)

3. Properly establish my business and start to make money and expand.

4. Get back into music and learn to play guitar and sing again

5. Part of the fitness but go mountain bike riding more

6. The most important one, beat DC89 in a race thus taking over the world :P

There are a few other things but if I can get into a good routine and achieve these throughout the year I will be happy and well on the way to where I want to be :)

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• ScottyB

• JustHatched

• Fido_le_muet

I like to try and change one thing about myself for the better each year, last year I quit gambling and I haven't since (except for in GTA) lol but this year i wanted to try and quit smoking..... We'll see how that goes though :) ill most likely think of something else. Love to hear peoples ideas on the subject. Great topic Scotty!

• Like 2

My primary one is your number 5.....get back out on my bike.

yeah I've just gotten really lazy and prefer to play playstation haha but it's great fun and good fitness too. It would be hard for you during winter, in Sydney our winter is cold but it is still good to ride in.

I like to try and change one thing about myself for the better each year, last year I quit gambling and I haven't since (except for in GTA) lol but this year i wanted to try and quit smoking..... We'll see how that goes though :) ill most likely think of something else. Love to hear peoples ideas on the subject. Great topic Scotty!

good luck with that! Both my parents were pack a day smokers for a long time and managed to quit cold turkey. Not sure how they coped but stay strong and you will eventually get through it.

I only have one, "stop talking and start doing". I'll see how long I last with just this simple mantra!

That's a good way to wrap it up, everyone always has grand plans but the hardest thing is to just follow them through and actually do them. I think most people's problem, at least my own is that you know what you should be doing and what's best for you but you have no motivation. Good luck :)

scottyb1988.jpg

I don't make resolutions, 

but my goals for 2015 is

Get all my airplanes flying, I got several that need "attention"

Thinking of starting an online business, so might go with that.

Get some things in order for possible run for public office

Smack G in the face with a pistol about 10,000 times

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I don't make resolutions, 

but my goals for 2015 is

Get all my airplanes flying, I got several that need "attention"

Thinking of starting an online business, so might go with that.

Get some things in order for possible run for public office

Smack G in the face with a pistol about 10,000 times

Yeah I sure the planes take up a lot of time but they would be a lot of fun too so I hope you get the time for it. I've always thought about doing an online business but never bothered looking into it properly as I don't have the time, but if done right you could make a bit more money. Wow hatch in public office? Not sure how it works over there but good luck with it all!

1. Lose a bit of weight

2. Do more mountain biking and go to the swimming pool on a regular basis

3. Finally get a proper game night with you guys!

Yeah hopefully you can get a bit more game time soon :) good luck with your other goals too
  • Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Not to lose weight as I don't need to but I'd like to start running and weights again, I was happiest when I was going to the gym and/or running every day but I've been so lazy the past few months. Also to get more travelling planned for the start of 2016 and of course saving money to do that!

• Like 3

Not to lose weight as I don't need to but I'd like to start running and weights again, I was happiest when I was going to the gym and/or running every day but I've been so lazy the past few months. Also to get more travelling planned for the start of 2016 and of course saving money to do that!

About 2 years ago I was at the fittest I have ever been, I was running and doing weights almost every day. You have so much more energy and just feel great most of the time.. I miss that and would like to get back there for that in itself let alone for all the other benefits. My gf is a travel agent so there will be more travelling for me but I just need to get on top of my finances and save up to do It :P

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Quit smoking and go for long walks again, maybe even start running. Need to do something about my health as I've been far too lazy this year. Don't need to lose weight or anything. It's more a  healthy mind in a healthy body kind of thing.

Finish up that old house of mine at long last ... Finally got the budget together to get those last parts done (bathroom, kitchen and garden).

Own Dani in a DM and beat DC in a race.

• Like 4

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Been a lazy fuck this year...

Need to get back to the gym and lift some bloody weights and work that treadmill... 

But my main objective is to have more fun than this Year :D 

• Like 2

I need to get back out on the football field. On a regular basis, not just a couple games a year for some random club.

Also, I would like to master the art of yodeling. 

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 5

Well, lets just say I haven't been very active IRL during 2014 and this crew is very likely to be the reason.

I have to go back to my music in 2015, I have a studio upstairs costing me and the Mrs well over £10K and it's currently used for online gaming... Not cool. 2013 was such a busy year for me, I put a lot into my self-promotion, multiple bookings, studio time with big names and 4 top 100 releases in the UK Hardcore chart on Trackitdown.net. I had a lot of aims, goals and targets and I still have them, but being 12 months behind on the whole scene that I am in doesn't help.

I don't really have any desire to work my fingers to the bone in a gym, anyway you've gotta be on steroids and have a fake tan to actually be allowed inside a gym in South Wales  :lol:. I get the whole 'I wanna be fit' thing, but shit, some people allow the gym and their perfect appearance rule their life and it then massively affects their personality. I don't need to have arms the size of tree trunks and I doubt I'll be pulling trucks with my head any time soon.

This one isn't really a resolution, the thought of having a child is something that has entered my mind a few times over the past 6 months, I'm 26 in a few days and life will pass me by if I'm not careful.

I also plan to take over the world, but that's another story!

Remember, the key to be successful is you've gotta believe!

• Like 7

I only have 2 goals for 2015.

Going to college

Buy a ps4 with fifa 16 or call of duty.

I expect to achieve these goals by september/october. Damn that is lmost in 2016 lol.

• Like 4

Just 3 goals:

Finish restoring the house, just 4 rooms to decorate and a kitchen to do.

Get some use out of the kit car I built.

Be happy.

Kit Car?

What kind?

My mind is still young(ish) but the body isn't and would really benefit from getting back into swimming/running/cycling. hammysantana really hit the nail on the head though with "stop talking and start doing", that is something I can relate to and will try and make more of an effort with the doing....time willing :)

Edited by FRMJ1
  • Like 2

Kit Car?

What kind?

Quantum H4, only car of the many I had that I could keep when I bought this house  : CRY :

It's been almost unused for the last 2 years, I want to do some more track days. This was it at the last test day, since then I've fitted a front spoiler and dropped the suspension as it became really unstable at high speeds:

h4track.jpg

• Like 3

Quantum H4, only car of the many I had that I could keep when I bought this house  : CRY :

It's been almost unused for the last 2 years, I want to do some more track days. This was it at the last test day, since then I've fitted a front spoiler and dropped the suspension as it became really unstable at high speeds:

h4track.jpg

There is a red one of these in my local area, very rare.

If asked months ago my goals would be something along the lines of making my car faster, doing better at work, hitting the gym, etc.

However, the last few months of research have led me to new goals such as self sustainability, protecting my family, getting out of debt, and overall life preservation. 2015 will be a year to remember

• Like 6

Nothing much on my end. Enjoy life and the great people in it. Get rid of the dead weight and negatives. 2015 does look promising and I hope it is.

• Like 1

Just a car enthusiast; Because racecar

:D"Stay true to yourself. Few will accept you. Everyone else can kick rocks!" :D

: NORMAL : 'A GIFT and a CURSE' : FIRE :