The Hungry Games

ScottyB

http://rsg.ms/5152d46

DESCRIPTION

All the animals have disappeared and the hunters have turned on each other. Be the first to reach the middle for some powerful weapons or retreat to the bush and hunt with stealth. Happy hungry games, and may the odds be ever in your favour. Best with default settings

Minimum 4 players, max 16

Weapons- knife, smg, sniper rifle, assault rifle and rocket launcher.

So this TDM is kind of based on the hunger games where at the start you only have your knife and need to race to the centre to grab the assault rifle and rocket launcher. You can choose to try to retreat to the bush and pick up an smg and sniper rifle.

The centre of the map is in a valley and is exposed and there are hills all the way around it with lots of shrubs and trees along with sand bags for cover.

I have played it with 6 other people and it seemed to play out pretty well. You can choose to either run and gun which will make it fairly fast paced or hide away and snipe people.

What do you think of the weapon selection? Should I swap the smg for a micro smg and still have the assault rifle or have them as a micro smg and smg in the centre or is it good the way it is?

If you have any other feed back that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and enjoy! :)

scottyb1988.jpg

I've played this twice now, one time with 8 or 9 and 2nd time with 13.

Very fun map, I like the use of terrain, which is your natural cover (and the trees).

Couple of notes:

- very interesting and fun start (melee), however we were running very short on guns with 13 people after the initial killing, especially since our team respawned on the left side of the map with only 3 guns available. Even after a while I've found myself without any ammo few times, getting killed doesnt help you with this either. It was fine with the smaller lobby, when it seemed there's enough for everyone. Perhaps change the starting weapon to something with bullets afterall?

- most of the sandbags don't really offer any cover, since they're placed on the hill and you're still sticking out and being an open target if you take cover behind them, except for 1 or two, which offer total cover and a perfect sniping spot. Personally I'd just lose them and let everyone use natural cover (trees and terrain), force them to move around and only keep those around the superior weapons in the middle of the map.

I hope few others who have played this with me will post some of their feedback as well.

Nice job though!

Thanks wraignbow! I'll fix up a few things as per zmurkos suggestions.

I decided to go light on the weapons so that you would require to not be as gun happy. I do remember now running out of bullets a few times but was never far away from grabbing one but that was with a lot less players.

Usually I go overboard and have way to many weapons, now this time not enough :P

I'll add a few more smgs near spawn points and hopefully this will help with the ammo issue. I would have liked the start to be a bigger circle but I didn't have the space.. And for now I'll leave the sandbags as the provide a little cover. I'll look for ones that contain too much of an advantage and might remove..

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I have just added another 10 smgs and still have another 10 weapons spaces to add if needed.

I have also changed the starting positions as I wasn't too happy with them. They were laid out with 3, then 3 behind them and then 2 behind again which gave an unfair advantage to the people behind.

Now I have changed it so both teams start with 5 people almost against the sandbags and the other 3 players start off hiding in the bushes which should make it a bit more balanced and fun.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'd set this to at least a pistol to start so players can defend themselves after respawning.

I get why you've picked the knife, but in a 10 minute match I respawned a lot of times without any bullets left in my SMG and without a chance of surviving, I tried to make it to another SMG pick-up, but failed  :lol:.

Lots of SMG vs knife encounters makes this slightly flawed, but it can be fixed with a pistol starting weapon.

• Like 1

I'd set this to at least a pistol to start so players can defend themselves after respawning.

I get why you've picked the knife, but in a 10 minute match I respawned a lot of times without any bullets left in my SMG and without a chance of surviving, I tried to make it to another SMG pick-up, but failed  :lol:.

Lots of SMG vs knife encounters makes this slightly flawed, but it can be fixed with a pistol starting weapon.

I think the starting postions are also screwed up on ps4, everyone was meant to start near the centre (or most people at least). A lot of ideas dont seem to play out as well as they are meant too so I think i will change it to include a better starting weapon. That will mean i will have to lock it to ps4 (or i could fire up the ps3 and do it on that.)

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have changed the starting weapon from a knife to a pistol to make the game better after you respawn. Everything else was left the same.

scottyb1988.jpg