Beaches of Destruction

JustHatched

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/HybrfxqDDEqcZ_NAJTUzvg?platformId=null

Go steal the bag from the other teams base and take it back to yours. Easy stuff? This takes team work, use the subs to sneak up on the enemy base while your team provides cover and distraction using Speeders, Buzzards, and hilltop snipers. Blow up subs with depth charges (grenades and sticky bombs). BEST WITH OWNED WEAPONS. Presented by Domestic Battery.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 months later...

No longer available on PS3, this one was moved by accident as a copy was intended but distraction and no paying attention caused that.

Now a 30 player cluster fuck of explosions, if chaos is the the thing this is perfect.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 1 month later...

Been thinking on this since we played it last night,

Today I am going to move the respawns away from the bags to be captured so that the defending team isn't already in position.

Also going to set it up for Forced and Pickups to limit camping. I am thinking a few Combat MG's, Granades, Advanced Rifles, Heavy Snipers, 2 (not so easy to get to) RPG's and Miniguns.

And possibly NPC attackers in boats.

Thoughts?

I think it depends oh what you want to accomplish with the changes.

If you want to prevent camping/defending, go with no owned weapons, no snipers.

I'd switch out the advanced for the carbine, no grenades, all other weapons are good.

If you add NPC boat attackers, this capture could turn into an NPC battle like some do vs just going for the objective and killing the other team.

There is very little difference between the advanced and carbine.

There is if you have all camos unlocked for one, but not the other.

This is one of the best captures I have played for a long time. So much carnage and we still managed to get away with a bag.

It might be harder for the team in the island to get the package as there is only one way in and out where as the island can be approached from multiple directions.

The forced weapons sound good as well. It can probably make it a little less explosive and will require a more tactical approach.

I'm not sure where you have moved the spawn points too but for something like this, I would put them out to the sides. So imagine team 1 is North, team 2 is South, and the spawn points will be to the west and east. I would put them x distance away to make it a bit slower to get back into the action and then they also have a choice as to weather they want to go defend the base or try to capture the object.

The other option is to put the spawn points behind the base but it's up to you how you want it to play out.

scottyb1988.jpg

I still like this one, always have.

I remember playing both versions of it and it's a bit of a toss up. Further divorced respawn points would make the Buzzard more conducive to play (otherwise it's sort of a respawn fest in the sky). I liked the Annhilators because that offered a bit of a challenge and I think made more exciting use of air travel. Forced and pick ups would probably work, heavier weaponry. The homing launcher from owned weapons sort of sucks some of the fun out of the capture.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked the opportunity to test out the Savage here. I also really think that both teams should be using this (not only because it's new either).

A team with Buzzards vs a team of Savages, there's still some perks to being in the Buzzard:

- Buzzard is more agile (not sure if faster)

- You can get out of the Buzzard within a second (it takes 3-4 seconds to bail out of or get into the Savage, that time really adds up)

I also might suggest pushing the spawn points back some more, perhaps behind each base (this would probably prevent some spawn killing due to range of missiles). The spot I was on seemed to be further away from the base than yours last night which meant you guys could provide a significant buffer between us and the package you were obtaining (quicker entry/exit of the aircraft probably helped too).

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 months later...

Played this again and we had an issue with the spawn points. The our team were camping behind our spawn points and we couldn't move. We respawned facing the other way and by the time we could turn we were dead most of the time.

The buzzards are more agile and can't fire as fast which make them more suited and able to counter this kind of problem. You could also move the spawn points a bit further away so that they aren't near the base and people have no reason to be near there unless they deliberately want to spawn kill which there isn't anything you can really do then.

I still love this capture but after playing it and this happening it was extremely frustrating which isn't your fault but maybe with a few tweaks you could make it harder for others to do this in the future.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Because both spawn points place you within range of the opposing team the instinct is to fly away from the danger zone to a relative place of safety. It is too easy to fly within the other teams spawn point and take each other out. 

• Like 1

The spawn points have never worked right on this, I may end up deleting it and remaking

Trouble is, everyone in this crew knows to go behind the enemy spawn points and rack up cheap kills on crewmates and then say "I didn't know"... I see the same people doing it each time we play this job, it's not clever and it's not fun.

The job itself has a great idea to it, the helicopter respawn is what kills it.

Edited by DavidCore89

If the scores are level then the round will be decided on number of kills so the game does turn into a Helicopter deathmatch. Definitely move the spawn points further back.

What effect would removing the spawn points all together have? Will the game AI respawn you out of range of any enemy?

DC is on point in that those who have played it know how to easily get behind the spawn.

Originally there were no heli's in this, it was suppose to respawn you in a Speeder. But it wouldn't spawn the boat an you were stuck swimming. But that was on PS3, I think I will edit this since it is PS4 only now and see if the boat respawn idea will work.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Changed this up, no more buzzards, changed it to the Tula so it's a bit more of a controlled fight instead of an explosion fest. Forced and pickup now works good