• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• PapOiteE

• Swift731

• skip_rat

I bought it and nfs rivals guess I will play on when it arrives and move on PCars, liking the psn plus version so far.

For me the major draw-backs are the handling, the constant wet roads and the lack of anything the resembles a racetrack.

PS Plus Edition is OK for free, but it's really a demo in disguise. I wouldn't buy this game, if you want an arcade racer just wait until November for NFS.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to play this again and think the handling has improved. Not sure if it's the update, my driving skills improving or if I've just got used to the PS4 controller. Whatever it is, I've enjoyed it so much I've bought the full game. 

I've requested an invite to the DB Club. Does anyone else still play? 

I hardly see any rain fall or wetness in the full version game,

rather I would complain about too much night driving though

the time of day changes during a race, the other is the

AI cars ramming and faithfully holding to a single race line

unrelentingly, no car tuning and the limited 6 members

to a Club. Besides all of that I am loving the experience

so far.

I got 2 slots left in a Crew I created called "Glory Nation'

hit me up to join or join by in game Crew search, the

Crew is set as open

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I hardly see any rain fall or wetness in the full version game,

rather I would complain about too much night driving though

the time of day changes during a race, the other is the

AI cars ramming and faithfully holding to a single race line

unrelentingly, no car tuning and the limited 6 members

to a Club. Besides all of that I am loving the experience

so far.

I got 4 slots left in a Crew I created called "Glory Nation'

hit me up to join or join by in game Crew search, the

Crew is set as open

If you are just playing the Driveclub tour you won't see any rain, but if you get into the DLC every second or third event has rain - torrential, ridiculous amounts of rain - it makes me suspect that some of the development team actually wanted to make a speedboat racing game.

And the AI seem to have the spacial awareness of a dead thing, there's no way those clowns would have a driving licence IRL let alone a racing license & some guy willing to let them race multi-million dollar cars around a track...

Which brings me to tracks & cars - why do they want me to drive a hyper car around a go-kart track or some dusty old road in India where in most spots you cant fit two cars side by side? I don't get it...And sheesh some of those roads ( if they existed IRL ) would have the highest death rates on the planet. Oh yeah, and coming out of a tunnel into blinding light & torrential rain..what the hell? Are they paying a commission on how many people's retinas you can scorch?; seriously, I understand the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's just ridiculously over-blown.

On the plus side it's a pretty looking game & it's relatively cheap for the amount of events.

P.S: I'm sure some of you will say "Oh yeah, well why did you put so many hours into playing the game if you dislike it so much?" - Well that's easy, I'm a trophy whore & a masochist.  :P

Garbology101.png

If you are just playing the Driveclub tour you won't see any rain, but if you get into the DLC every second or third event has rain - torrential, ridiculous amounts of rain - it makes me suspect that some of the development team actually wanted to make a speedboat racing game.

And the AI seem to have the spacial awareness of a dead thing, there's no way those clowns would have a driving licence IRL let alone a racing license & some guy willing to let them race multi-million dollar cars around a track...

Which brings me to tracks & cars - why do they want me to drive a hyper car around a go-kart track or some dusty old road in India where in most spots you cant fit two cars side by side? I don't get it...And sheesh some of those roads ( if they existed IRL ) would have the highest death rates on the planet. Oh yeah, and coming out of a tunnel into blinding light & torrential rain..what the hell? Are they paying a commission on how many people's retinas you can scorch?; seriously, I understand the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's just ridiculously over-blown.

On the plus side it's a pretty looking game & it's relatively cheap for the amount of events.

P.S: I'm sure some of you will say "Oh yeah, well why did you put so many hours into playing the game if you dislike it so much?" - Well that's easy, I'm a trophy whore & a masochist.  :P

I play Project Cars now, the obscure vision of the Driveclub team seems abysmal, the only thing it has going for it is the sounds and visuals especially the rain water on the windshield, the replay angles and timing are atrocious (straight garbage) I will play this arcade game every once and a blue moon, but I have not purchased the new DLC.

Damn I was thinking about getting this game because it is cheap now, but after reading your opinions, I won't spend money on that thing...

There's a free version available, PlayStation Plus Edition.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

I just bought this game. 9,99€ full game + season pass.

I had the same thing.

The season pass has already expired for me, I could download all tours and cars from last year, but I can't get the most recent tour packs, is that the same for you?

Also bikes is another add-on which is a bit more.

Easy platinum trophy for me, if you need help to boost the challenge leaderboard trophies then I can help.

6 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I had the same thing.

The season pass has already expired for me, I could download all tours and cars from last year, but I can't get the most recent tour packs, is that the same for you?

Also bikes is another add-on which is a bit more.

Easy platinum trophy for me, if you need help to boost the challenge leaderboard trophies then I can help.

I downloaded most of the cars available, only a few cars like the La Ferrari and the Hondas aren't included in the season pass, and some other cars. I don't know about the tour packs though, haven't tried that yet, but when I do I'll let u know. 

Unfortunately the bikes is not included as well.

Thank you for the help man, but for now I am more interested in practicing so one day I can challenge you ahah! 

• Like 1

@DavidCore89 - I am downloading tour packs right now. The latest ones that I was able to download were released in July 2015. You probably have them too right?

Edited by PapOiteE

1 hour ago, PapOiteE said:

@DavidCore89 - I am downloading tour packs right now. The latest ones that I was able to download were released in July 2015. You probably have them too right?

Yeah, same for me.

I thought a season pass wouldn't end until the DLC stopped being released :(

56 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

Yeah, I thought the same... It is disappointing.

I sent I request to join our Domestic Battery club by the way.

I think @Dodge is the leader.

You can probably kick me from it as the limit is 6 drivers, make room for others to join it, I had platinum a while ago.

• 2 years later...

I started playing this again. 

Also have the VR version. 

DC is an alright game. It fills my racing needs for now, as I refuse to by GT Sport until the full GT releases. 

Dodgeservice.png