1402541537-logo.png

Release Dates:

NA 10/07/2014

EU 10/08/2014

UK 10/10/2014

Publisher: SCEA

Genre: Racing

Developer: Evolution Studios

Price: FREE FOR PS+ OWNERS (ALBEIT CONTENT CUT! STILL FREE THO!)

ps-plus.png

FREE PS+ content includes -

DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition
• One location (India)
• 11 tracks
• 10 cars 
• Access to all game modes.
• Free to download (17GB)

PS+ upgrade (prices depending on location - around 38eur)

DRIVECLUB PS+ Upgrade
Upgrade includes:
• All 55 tracks from all 5 locations: Scotland, Canada, Norway, Chile and India.
• All 50 vehicles: 7 Hot Hatch, 15 Sports, 15 Performance, 8 Super and 5 Hyper.
• All 50 events in the offline single player Tour career mode.

Important:
• To use this download you’ll need a PS+ membership and DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition, which can be downloaded now from PlayStation Store.
• Pre-order DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition and the Upgrade (only available to PS+ members)."

Domestic Battery! Welcome to my very simple DRIVECLUB OT (I am not screaming - this game's name is all uppercase - all the TIME! (marketing, etc.).

Game will come out this week and since the enthusiast I am, I could not forget to create something on these family forums we have here- thank you, peeps.

This game focuses on CLUBS of SIX PEOPLE EACH - each person contributes to overall CLUB FAME ( fame = experience)!

Play on your own - contribute; play with a CLUB against other CLUBS - contribute; go on toilet - con...what?

For rest of the info head here - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/driveclub-ps4/

And certainly don't forget to check this out! - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

FOR PICTURES PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST LINK! FOR VERY INTERESTING INFO CHECK THE SECOND ONE!

I'll be there day one! Let me know if you want to form a CLUB or something - if I won't be in one already :)

PS: GTAV PS4 payed in full aaaayyeee

props where due - Radec@neogaf.com and his amazing OT from which I copied the version content info - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905048

Edited by Swift731

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• PapOiteE

• Swift731

• zztop911

Yeah, probably one of the reasons to get a PS4, but just can't see it happening anytime soon.

I would especially like to try it out because of all the different tracks. Just driving on them, nothing else.

Looking forward to read some of your impressions. Don't forget about pictures, lots and lots of pictures please. :)

FFS , they delayed the free plus version , has to do with the servers load , heres the original message:

Hi Everyone, 

With DRIVECLUB, we are dedicated to delivering a dynamic and socially connected racing game that everyone can enjoy, and along the way we're facing new challenges which we haven’t encountered as a development team before. We are seeing a lot of activity and new social behaviours right now, but unfortunately this is pushing the servers to their absolute limits.

We are sorry if you are having a hard time getting online as we know many of you are. Please be aware that the game will automatically keep trying to connect you. Once you're online, you should have no further problems during your session. 

Everyone at the studio is now working hard to get new updates ready for the game servers to improve connectivity. We will be rolling out these updates day by day and will keep you informed.

In order to help all DRIVECLUB players who have the game already, we're temporarily holding back the PS Plus Edition and the My DRIVECLUB app to ease the load and traffic to the servers. This should give players a better chance of connecting to the game servers and, once the servers are operating well, we’ll be sure to let you know when the PS Plus Edition and My DRIVECLUB app will be available to download. 

To our PS Plus fans, we're sorry you're having to wait longer to play, but we want to ensure that when you come on board, you get the best experience possible. Rest assured, if you've pre-ordered the full game upgrade from the PS Plus Edition, you will still get the full version of DRIVECLUB digitally, and if you can't get online you'll be able to get started offline like everybody else with single player mode as you start your DRIVECLUB tour. You’ll still be able to earn fame, unlock cars and get to grips with all of the options for playing and creating your own events and challenges - and everything you do will be synchronised with the servers when you do get connected, so you can set-up a bunch of challenges to send out to your friends as soon as you are able to join each other online. 

We fully appreciate how frustrating this is for everyone. We want you to get online with your club because racing, challenging and having fun together is what the game is all about. We know that racing with your friends online is what you’ve been waiting for and we are doing everything we can to deliver that experience to you as soon as possible. 

Sorry again for the difficult start. We’ll keep you regularly updated on our progress as we work round the clock to improve connectivity. We want everyone to know what's happening so please tag your DRIVECLUB friends or SHARE this message to let them know. 

- Rushy

Edited by Danielle

I'm not surprised that the free version has been delayed and have to wonder if this is favour of the paid for full version.

I'm seeing mixed reviews too, I don't think this is going to be the game that pushes me towards buying a PS4 yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey David,

I was playing it very, VERY, much when it came out, but not so much now.

Online problems aside, the game is very solid as far as "simcades" go. The handling is tight and does what you like, when drifting, you really need to step off the pedal, accelerate a little, hold it and so on.

I would like to get back to it, with some clubmate. What do you say about us creating crew club (max no. of peeps is 6 tho)?

Let me know when you are online or better, add me on psn.

To be honest, I have swept it aside already.

The gameplay was good but the servers really were very weak and as I'm all about the online gaming - it's a deal breaker for me.

I hope it will be better all round when Evo fix the servers, also the PS Plus members can get their free copy.

It's so unusual these days for a game developer to take full responsibility for a game but Evo have.

I enjoyed the arcade style, OK I do prefer sim racing but the arcade quality in this game isn't so bad.

I will give it another chance, but only when the servers are fully operational.

90% of the times I played, my scores would not sync with the servers.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 1 month later...

I just got this game from a buddy of mine. It looks decent. Taking a while to get used to but not bad so far. If anyone still plays I would love to race with you.

I traded it in before even playing it, the bloke there said he didn't blame me, because it was shite. I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to getting into it properly anyway.

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I love this game. Has anyone completed the main tour, getting all stars?  I'm only one short, have been trying to get the 3rd star on the venom hot lap but the best I can do is 2.

I know there is still problems with online but i'm enjoying single player that much i haven't bothered to try it.

Only thing i'm not particularly keen on is the drifting

Edited by markt112

• 4 months later...

Bump!

I'm dl it from PS+ for free. As big as the files are, I hope it's a full version!

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Pretty sure it's the full version, possibly even better with extra content. I got the game with the console package. It's ok, nothing great but I haven't played it much. Definitely worth getting since it's free though.

scottyb1988.jpg

Pretty sure it's the full version, possibly even better with extra content. I got the game with the console package. It's ok, nothing great but I haven't played it much. Definitely worth getting since it's free though.

Kinda what I was thinking.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I've already done a couple of races (free version) and I was not disappointed, it is not a bad game... Already done a couple of multiplayer races as well and well, racers are id say the same randoms that ram us off the road on gta contact races lol, I really dislike those kinds of racers :D. I was leaning towards buying it but I'm not sure, it isnt that expensive here 25€

It isn't the full unlocked version, it is more like a demo, you can play a couple of events but for the most part it is unlocked... But for the price they are offering I'd say it is not bad

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Yeah, the free version I dl yesterday  from the Playstation store is a partial version with a lot of cars locked. It looks fun enough to play around with, but I don't know about paying for the full version. Maybe a bit more gameplay is needed.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

What a joke, such a long time since Driveclub was supposed to be free and they give away a demo while calling it PS+ Edition.

Not gonna buy the full game unlock and I'm glad I offloaded the full version that came with my PS4.

The gameplay is terrible and extremely repetitive, just the thought of entering an event is boring... Every race has rain at some point, do they even know that not every race has fucking rain!?

The tracks all feel the same, they're just winding roads, not a single race track in sight.

Don't get me started on the handling of the cars, they feel like tanks with the turning circle of a 747 jet.

The game has very few driving options, none affect the cars handling or driving experience.

£25 for the full game? Do yourselves a favour and buy Project CARS... I wouldn't buy the full game of this even if it was £5.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

It's pretty shit, even for free. As was mentioned, it's just a glorified demo of a poor game. Maybe I'm so used to gta5's racing now, I'm not even sure I'd enjoy project CARS.

I've tried it for the first time a couple of days ago, i didn't thought it was that bad lol, PCars is great and runs and looks beautiful on my PC but i've played a bit of it and stopped, i am more into the GT series type of play... i was thinking of getting PcCars for the ps but am still not sure about it, if i'll get it it will only be to race against some of you guys, it won't be a game i will enjoy for a long period of time on single player i think... I had no idea they were supposed to give this game for free to PS+ users, i've always enjoyed racing games maybe that's why i enjoyed playing the demo :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Now that I've played a bit more and I read your review DC the handling got me, i think visually it isn't that bad but the handling is just horrible, oh man I guess you just saved me a couple of bucks lol

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

I downloaded the free Driveclub Playstation Plus edition yesterday.  Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  Seems like a cool game, although I'm not very good at racing.  :lol:

This post is more of a head's up to our crew members who want another free game.  :P